“bugs, mold, bacterial infection”
Review of LA Inn

LA Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kuta
LA Inn
Ranked #244 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have been in Indonesia now on a tight budget for 2 months doing research, I am used to budget spots, and do not expect frills for such a good price. That said, I want to list the small problems and big problems with this room.

I should have known there was something wrong when walking into the hotel, three different people started to shout the room rates at me.

Small problems: 1. Roaches everywhere in the night 2. the stench of the bathroom, the smelly water in Indonesian budget hotel bathrooms is somewhat normal, sort of like sulphur. Usually you just keep the door shut. But the smell in this one was so rancid it was like rotting broccoli, and it just permeated the whole room, I tried to tolerate it and bought a candle, but the door was so warped it wouldn't even close (don't come to these rooms without a candle), I then had to tie it to the towel rack with a sarong to keep it shut and keep out the smell. 3. the floors and walls were covered in dirt and mold, and there were two cigarette butts on my floor when I moved in 4. it looks like a dungeon, there are no windows. 5. So-called security is getting drunk off arak around 8 pm and tries really hard to make me drink too. I don't think security should be drinking, or making customers feel like they should too. 6. This hotel is next to a house that keeps a lot of chickens, so if you are okay with the crowing beginning at 3:45 in the morning, with acoustics that make it sound like it's right in your room, then it should be ok, This isn't chickens crowing off in the distance though, it is right next to where you sleep, and I needed headphones on nearly full volume.

Big problems: After night one, I wake up with horrible pain in my eye and by day 2 I am in the hospital with a bacterial infection of the eye. I've never had this before. Like I said, I have been in far less developed parts of Indonesia for 2 months now, and night one I get an infection here. The doctor wrote a note to the online booking company so I would get my money back for unsanitary conditions and mold, I checked into a new hotel. I left 2 days before my pre-paid booking said, and they wanted to keep my money at LA Inn! Without the doctors note and the third party booking agency's intervention, they would have pocketed $60.

Lessons learned: when LA inn makes you sick get documentation or they will keep your money

There was one good thing: you could use the pool at AP Apartments which was nice but always eerily empty.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Don't go to this place. We got bedbugs, had other bugs and the rooms are rotten and really dirty. It's cheap for Kuta, but not worth it! :( Staff is nice though and the pool and included breakfast is nice as well.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay here and it's certainly value for money.

For anyone wanting luxury this is not the place but for anyone like me who just wanted a room this is ideal.

Will defiantly return here!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This place was nothing like the photos shown on the internet. On the net it looked pretty good, at least it looked clean and tidy... Wrong! Grubby, dirty, not impressed at all! We dropped our bags off and went out hoping that we would spend most of our time not in the room so it would be ok. Unfortunatley, when we came back we just couldn't bring ourselves to stay.We ended up moving elsewhere! Just couldn't even sleep 1 night there! The staff were friendly though and did help offer an alternative to their sister hotel next door after showing them their picture on the internet and asking where that room was?! That was much better, cost us another $14 AUS for two nights but was worth it. All the other accommodation we booked online in Bali was great and really reasonable priced. But this one takes the cake, value for money.... no way!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angie T
Reviewed 9 March 2013

This place doesn't have any concern for cleanliness. The rooms were so dirty and the bathroom sucks. Although we chose this because of its affordability, I have realized that a few more dollars in another place will make your stay more memorable in Bali. It is a classic case of YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT. The male workers smoke anywhere. I didn't really like it when I inhale their smoke. It had a free breakfast though composed of fruits, bread, and jam- at least it was the only thing I can think positive about this place.

Room Tip: If you want to be near Kuta Beach, which is not too cozy because of so many tourists flocking, stay...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank davao_dude
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We choose this hotel because its location and cheap price. Near to kuta beach (around 7mins walking), low cost with spacious room, breakfast included and swimming pool at ap inn, we think it worth the price. The room, bathroom, bed, and furniture are actually clean (no dust, no dirt at bathroom, no insect). But due to their old condition the appearance look dirty. But hey, you get what you pay for ;) We love to spend time at poolside at ap inn, it is small but pretty quiet and cozy. There is building development just in front of la inn, so you have to get through a bit of dirty and noisy road during working hours. Overall, this place is recommended for those who seek value for money and who plan to spend most of the time outside.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SunnySide84
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This hotel was our 2nd pick after moving from Warung Coco hotel, which was a bit further away from Kuta Beach.

We thought it would be better to find a hotel closer to the beach so we picked the LA Inn. The pictures on their website looked pretty decent, the beds were nicely arranged with the towels neatly rolled up. When we got there, it didn't really look like anything they had advertised ! For 160,000Rp a night, we weren't gonna complain. Or so we thought...

The 2nd day, I woke up with a terrible rash on the back of my arms and on my back ! I knew these weren't mosquito bites!!! I had a least 100 bites in total! it was bad! I wasn't gonna stay one more night at that place so we decided to ask the hotel employees to refund us back for 2 nights. I told them that this allergic reaction happened after sleeping in their beds, that were filled with bed bugs, to which they replied their mattresses were new so that was unlikely. Right.
They finally refunded us 320,000rp and we went somewhere else.

This place is in fact cheap, but it's really not worth it, no place is worth getting bed bug bites all over your body! For a couple more Rp you can definitely find a better place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012