“Easily the best hotel I've stayed in!”

The St. Regis Bali Resort
Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We stayed here for the first 4 nights of our honeymoon and cannot fault it - easily the best hotel I've been to!

- Fantastic facilities
- Beautiful beach (which is very clean)
- Exceptionally friendly staff
- Great food (which actually was not overly expensive).
- Amazing lagoon pool (which is huge!)

They even have golf carts to take guests to the beach, which is about 60 second walk!

Nusa Dua is very much a resort, so for those wanting more Balinese culture, there are probably better locations, but taxis are very cheap and there are plenty of places to go from here.

Highly recommended hotel!

Room Tip: Go for your honeymoon
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pdmurphy

Reviewed 27 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis the first week in September for a delayed honeymoon, but it was well worth the wait. We were amazed at how nice the hotel was, how friendly and welcoming the staff was and how GOOD the food was. The breakfast was to die for. (Breakfast is open to the public on Sundays – it is a MUST GO!!) Breakfast was the one meal we never missed. We tried to taste everything on the menu in our one week stay. The room was amazing - we had a great view of the ocean - Everyday we woke up and watched the ocean before we actually got out of bed. It was so relaxing and gorgeous. The rooms with the private pool are nice, but to wake up to a gorgeous ocean we thought was better…. When we finally got out of bed, we made a short trip to the gym, then breakfast, then the beach. The gym is a bit small, but it was always empty – who really goes to the gym on their honeymoon besides us!!! The gym had great equipment and a staff person there waiting to give us a bottle of water and a towel – he also answered any questions we had about the equipment. He even showed my husband how to convert the treadmill to miles and not kilometers. He was great. The concierge, Teguh, was AMAZING. We spoke to Teguh everyday - even just to say hi. He was great - he had such a warm, friendly, welcoming personality. He helped us book excursions and taxis. He was the best!!! We absolutely loved him!!! Carlos, the head butler, was also great. He made sure all our needs were taken care of and that we were always enjoying ourselves. We have been to other resorts before, but none of them compared to the quality and comfort of the St. Regis.

There are only two cons I have:
1. The resort seems a bit far from all the restaurants in Seminyak, but it really is not far distance wise, there was just always traffic so it took at least 45 minutes to get to the restaurants there...

2. The beach is gorgeous to look at from our room, but the water was so hot so we had to be careful of the jellyfish. The pool is great, but we wish we could have gone into the beach water more.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kvalencia1023
Reviewed 13 May 2011

This is an amazingly beautiful resort. From the jaw dropping lobby, to the luxurious gardens, to the killer pool, I think it is the most attractive resort I have been too. We idled away hours and hours floating in the pool and looking at the plants, pagodas, etc. Also, the room was very well decorated. Being brand new, it is very chic and up to date. The spa was just gorgeous too. For the price we paid, we got a deal on line, it was a good value.
The reason I am not giving this beautiful resort 4 stars is because of food and service, two things that hopefully will improve in time.
Food was a problem because of limited options. Breakfast was really fabulous. The buffet in the main restaurants offered so many options each day, including top quality Balinese food. It could not have been better. Lunch was another matter. During our stay the main restaurant was closed at lunch so our only option was the deli, really overpriced and not really a nice dining spot. Hint--load up for breakfast so you can skip lunch! For dinner one night we tried the high end restaurant. It is a beautiful space, but very costly for small portions of just OK seafood. One night we dined at the seafood buffet. There were some great dishes and some not so great. It was quite expensive. We had better luck dining out, but that required taxis and a bit of a drive.
Service was great from the concierge, main desk, restaurants and pool. The drivers were OK, but they did not provide the personalized service we found elsewhere. Each day there was construction under our room, with buzz saws. I complained and asked to change rooms and was told no. Such a shame to listen to construction during the day from our beautiful veranda.
As for the room, we booked the least expensive and it was huge with a gorgeous bathroom with a freestanding tub. There is a separate seating area plus a full veranda with a day bed and a nice view of a golf course.
Other things that were great were the early morning yoga sessions and the gorgeous spa. Not so great--having to pay for boogie boards on the beach.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Sparky22
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Having stayed in many great hotels in Bali, my expectations of the St Regis were very high and in most considerations the hotel managed to meet these. The GARDENIA villa was beautifully appointed with stunning gardens, luxurious bedroom and bathroom, along with a most huge sitting room so comfortable that I needed to be dragged to the nearby beach. We dined at all the restaurants: Boneka - best breakfast ever anywhere (I think you will find most guests 100% in agreement - try the lobster omlette or the Wagyu beef with fried eggs - just fantastic); King Cole bar great for afternoon tea and finally the Kayapouti(Apologies if spelt incorrectly) restaurant on beach served innovate food and superb wines. We spent a lot of time on the beach and here was the greatest disappointment...some days we got cold towels, some days we got ice waters or ice fruit...but attention to consistency and detail was poor. But the beach experience was overall very good thank to Nusa Dua beauty. The Hotel manager was outstandingly helpful as we had some problems with electricity in our room. We are now checking diaries to plan our next trip to this hotel! I hope the butler experience at the hotel will be more consistently good next time.

Room Tip: Try the gardenia villas
2  Thank JimDKL
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I recently returned from my first trip to Bali and enjoyed an amazing stay at the St Regis. The ground are just incredible and the service is perfection. It feels like an outdoor balance with many of the touches that Bali has to offer with all of the luxury accomodations you would expect of a St Regis. The staff was some of the best I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Don't miss the spa - a delightful experience or a very large martini at the King Cole Bar. I wouldn't hesitate to return again or recommend this to anyone looking for where to stay in Bali.

Room Tip: Use the concierge service
2  Thank BTravisNYC
Reviewed 21 April 2011

To have such an excellent hotel chain under his name! By far the best hotel in the region. I could find nothing to complain as everything was perfect. The rooms and villas were splendid, the service was impeccable, and the beach/pool were peaceful and crystal clear. The breakfast at Boneka was amazing btw. If I had one complaint, it would be that the food was so good that I couldn't stop eating. I think I must've gained like 5 pounds from my stay.

5  Thank Cayenne P
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I loved my stay here. Especially the lagoon that linked my villa to the sea. What a wonderful and unique place. I will definitely come back and visit again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
The Legian Bali
#7 of 148 in Seminyak
Amarterra Villas Bali Nusa Dua - MGallery Collection
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort

Been to The St. Regis Bali Resort? Share your experiences!