“Top service and attentive staff”

The St. Regis Bali Resort
Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was my second time visiting the resort. After several years it has been maintained beautifully and the F&B is wonderful and continues to surprise us. The breakfast and sunday brunch have such a wide range of high quality dishes it is hard not to enjoy everything. On top of this, we found the staff to be extremely attentive to your needs making the whole stay phenomenal from providing a special request hygiene product for my wife before we even checked in to helping us source some wonderful porcelain goods long after we have left. This is truly a wonderful experience and resort.

1  Thank Voodoo911
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Voodoo911,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Thank you for you that you have spent your time wrote and posted this valuable comment through Tripadvisor.

This is our utmost pleasure to know that you have chosen and stayed in The St. Regis Bali Resort with the fabulous experience. As our hotel aim that we are going to make every stay of our guest unforgettable and flawless with us.

Moreover, we are looking forward for welcoming you in our resort to enjoy and experience more our resort in the near future.

With best regards,

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,871)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Wanted to take the kids overseas somewhere not too far from Australia and decided on Bali. Husband was unable to come along due to work so needed to pick a safe and secure hotel with a great brand. Particularly as this was my first visit to Bali and I was apprehensive. St Regis had great reviews so I booked 8 nights. It was also one of the few hotels where I could get two double beds in the same room - wanted the kids close by. Son is 4 daughter is 7. It was not until the night before I left that I read some poor reviews comments like spiders, not child friendly and spraying the resort twice per week for insects etc - I was worried but had no need to be. We were greeted before immigration in Bali - which was excellent, escorted to the hotel. Check in was fast and prompt, they recognized my gold starwood status. Everything was taken care off. The bedroom was lovely I had a St Regis Suite. The room was large which was one of the other reasons I decided to stay there, not once did I feel crowded by the children. Service was excellent not over the top. Can order coffee to the room all day at no additional cost so each morning had a latte before the kids got up. Each night due to "family traditions" I was able to order hot chocolate at no costs for the kids to get them ready for bed - which was a nice touch. Checked out the kids club heard bad things. On first impression, they have 3 small rooms and not much outdoor play area - I think St Regis can improve this. However the activities they do are excellent. This was a trip for me and the kids to spend time together, however after one two hour block in the kids club, the kids begged every day to go there for a couple of hours. They were so well looked after and enjoyed the daily schedule of activities. I ended up being really pleased with the kids club and the staff in there were great. They even followed us up with some photos taken of the children doing a cooking class. We had a wonderful visit - 8 days of bliss. The breakfast buffet was outstanding, the fire dance at night with a cocktail was great to observe with the kids, the restaurant on the beach fantastic and each of the restaurants allowed you to order of the kids menu. Had a bali massage by RAI in SPA - amazing. Hendra on the buggy was great with the kids, The service in the gourmet café was excellent, the staff even were helpful to take the children to feed the fish and give me 5 minutes respite will I go back to St Regis, already planning it :-) The cons. If you are staying in a standard suite room it is a bit of trek to the salt water lagoon pool. At the pool there are only 8 deck chairs which are not serviced. The toilet whilst clean did not smell great when walking by and was very dark. I suggest the hotel have some service in that area at least a phone so that you can order a drink or lunch or order a buggy so you don't have to walk. The serviced area is by the beach and this was good. Kids swimming pool near beach was good as well, I turned a chair around on the beach closest to the pool so that I could observe when I was not in the water with them. Price wise, the food is what I would expect to pay in any 5 star hotel and in fact better than some restaurants in Australia, Europe etc. The kids menu was very reasonable. Overall I felt great value for the $$, next time we will look at getting a pool villa which has direct access to the pool. Having said that, St Regis should ensure all guests are accommodated at the salt water pool not just the villa guests. We will be staying again. P.S. Took the kids to the waterbom park - GREAT for kids. Used hotel transport for that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank buffy12014
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear buffy12014,

Warmest greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort !

Firstly, thanking you in advance for your precious time wrote this valuable feedback to us through TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you have experienced our hotel with great experience. Moreover, thanking you for your kind compliment to our associates especially Rai our SPA Therapist. We are going to share this precious feedback to all of our team so we can keep maintaining our services and facilities are in line with our brand. For the cons that you have mentioned, I will table this during our operational meeting due to the improvements that is needed in order to make our valued guest like you, receive the flawless and memorable experience with us.

Again, thank you for your kind feedback, and furthermore we are looking forward for welcoming you and your family back to our resort as well as allow us to have chance in delivering our best services to create your stay the memorable one.

With regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This resort is absolutely stunning even more so than the amazing photos which influenced our choice to stay there.

All the staff without exception were very warm and welcoming to us throughout our 6 night stay and the beautiful villa we were allocated meant that we hardly experienced the need or desire to leave the resort- it was a perfect stay for us.

The things that made this resort special to us were the following:

- staggering amount of attention to detail evident throughout the resort
- absolutely stunning lagoon with rain shower features sprawling around the property where you can swim in perfect tranquility
- the option to order such a generous choice of breakfast in room which is further enhanced with great attention to detail giving the feeling it really has been personally tailored to suit the request. So many hotels create unnecessary waste by giving either too much of something or something not requested at all...
- the privacy and quiet
- aesthetically outstanding but refined choice of design features from light fixtures to choice of stone and layout of resort meant that design and practicality were in perfect balance. Often a resort can overdo some aspects in the communal area and skimp the guest exclusive areas such as the villas. The standard here is high and consistent throughout. Kayuputi in particular is one of the most beautifully designed restaurants I have seen- it would be great to see it fuller in the evenings to create the more vibrant feel it deserves but such a grand space is hard to fill anywhere in the world let alone on an island where you are spoilt for choice if it comes to fine food/ hotels

This hotel also makes a genuinely conscious effort in being environmentally aware whilst still at pains to provide the feeling of luxury that we all enjoy.

If I could only moan about one thing then it would be the two or three mosquitoes every night...but that really is to complain about something which is almost impossible to control 24/7..

Despite the choice available on the island this would be amongst my first choices when I next visit Bali.

St Regis, Bali- you set a whole new standard- thank you for a perfect stay!

Room Tip: If you want to be close to certain facilities then best to request this in advance. It is an easy wa...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank grinchee

Dear grinchee,

Warmest greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

First of all, we want to thank you for your kind feedback in regards of our resort services and facilities posted through TripAdvisor. However, we are pleased to learn that you have experienced our resort with perfect oasis of tranquility moments. Your kind compliments to our resort and restaurants are appreciated. As our goal is to put our valued guest satisfaction in priority point, we do care all of our guest by delivering them with our standard service and maintaining all of the facilities inside the hotel.

Lastly, thank you for your kind feedback and we are waiting for welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

With regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed for a weekend in Lagoon Villa. I did not want to go home and I have a very nice house 10,000SpFt
The service here just beats any other Hotels we go to.
We also celebrated our Birthdays for Sunday Brunch in the Boneka restaurant with about 15 people.
Its such great service for a Buffet brunch you can just stay seated the food will magically come to you.
We would always recommend this Hotel
Thanks for a great weekend

Room Tip: Lagoon Villa is fantastic as totally private with itsown small pool and direct access to a very very...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank djembetycoon

Dear djembetycoon,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Thank you for posting a wonderful review on Trip Advisor following to your recent visit.

I am pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a memorable birthdays celebration and I appreciate your kind comments regarding our cuisine and the service you received from our dedicated team.

We are definitely looking forward to your visit and we assure you that you will again be mesmerized by products and services we offer.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Hotel yg sangat berkesan. Tidak hanya bagus, mewah, dan megah, hotel ini juga mempunyai staff yg sangat baik dan personal. Sudah berpuluhan kali saya mengunjungi Bali dan mencoba berbagai hotel, dapat saya simpulkan St Regis Bali adalah hotel terbaik yg pernah saya tinggali.
Semuanya sempurna dan berkualitas. Saya dan suami merayakan honeymoon di hotel ini dan butler kami yg thoughtful (Mr Sugiarta) menyiapkan banyak surprise yg mengesankan- dari bathtub yg diisi penuh dngan bunga mawar, kue honeymoon, abundant fruit bowl yg di refresh setiap hari dan masih banyak lagi!!. Breakfast di Boneka restaurant juga sangat mengesankan. Makannya unik2 dan berkualitas tinggi. Akan tetapi, in room breakfast nya biasa saja.
Kami juga sempat mencoba dinner di Kayuputi yg memiliki view yg spektakular dan makanan yg sangat fresh dan enak. Saya sangat merekomendasikan hotel ini bagi yg merayakan special occasion akan tetapi saya ingatkan hotel ini termasuk mahal. Walaupun begitu ini sangat worth the money! Terima Kasih St Regis Bali kami sangat looking forward untuk dating lagi!
PS: jika anda tinggal di sini saya sangat merekomendasikan untuk mencoba Remede Spa !

1  Thank myjourney1986

Dear Myjourney1986,

Sunny greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Our warmest appreciation for sharing your experience with us following to your recent stay at The St. Regis Bali!

Thank you very much for your kind words, I'm so glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations. Certainly I will share your valuable compliments with our dedicated team especially with our Butler Sugiarta for which I believe that they will feel appreciated.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as the last.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

From the moment we arrived we felt very special. The attention to detail in all areas was amazing. The staff were always available but never over the top. Best resort I have stayed in, wonderful staff and beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank 70amanda43
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Sublime Getaway,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

We really appreciate your positive insight regarding The St. Regis Bali Resort and our hospitality service. We are happy to learn that you had a memorable holiday with us. We are committed to always improve all aspects of our Resort including our service quality and we are glad that our hard efforts are well recognized.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Bali Resort in the near future.

With best regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is, by far, the nicest hotel we'd been to in on our East Asian honeymoon. On the same trip to Bali, we also visited the Bvlgari and Ayana hotels - which were also GORGEOUS, but still the St. Regis Bali was a step ahead.

I'm going to start with the spa because I can't stress enough how wonderful my Balinese massage was. The spa facility was gorgeous and enhanced the experience. We had a couples massage and they had a beautiful room for us to enjoy our treatments in.

Breakfast was served in the main restaurant and was very good. Service was a bit slow on our final day of our stay- they seemed to be overcrowded and super busy. That said, the food was good and it was nice that they walked around with trays of food and dropped off various plates of food for us to taste.

The King Cole Bar within the hotel was wonderful. We enjoyed sitting outside at night and enjoying a drink. We also highly enjoyed High Tea - a VERY nice experience that I highly recommend. Great mini snacks and tea. They even had a pianist that took requests (and played our wedding song ("Your Song") for us!)

Dinner at Kayuputi and Dulong were magnificent. Service was impeccable and the food was delcious at both. Dulong is Indonesian food so it was a bit of an adventure but we still enjoyed it. Kayuputi has something for everyone so I highly recommend visiting it. Dulong only has between 7-12 tables set up, I suppose based on reservations. Definitely worth trying if you are a bit adventurous.

But the best thing about this hotel was the dinner we had in the Chapel. We scheduled this in advance - a private dining experience for 2 in the very small chapel. It was the most beautiful dining experience I had ever had. We were welcomed with some drinks at a cocktail table outside the chapel which was surrounded by lit candles. It was so romantic. Then we went inside to the beautifully set table. There was our own personal pianist there as well - he also played "Your Song" for us - so we got up to dance and really enjoyed our space. It was the dinner of a lifetime. In fact, the next day, we were sitting at King Cole bar and guy and girl came up to see her family and showed off her new engagement right - they had just been to the chapel where her boyfriend proposed to her.

The concierge was very helpful.

You will love your stay at the St. Regis Bali.

1  Thank RobbCMU

Dear RobbCMU,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Thank you for your precious time to post a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

I have to say that I am very grateful to be able to work in such a magnificent place and to be surrounded by so many beautiful open-hearted people on a daily basis. I am sure will be happy to hear that they made your stay extra special.

I am also happy to read that you enjoyed the suite with its amenities, and that you loved our cuisine too.

Once again thank you and I am already looking forward to personally welcoming you for another memorable stay at the resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nusa Dua
The Legian Bali
The Legian Bali
#4 of 148 in Seminyak
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali

Been to The St. Regis Bali Resort? Share your experiences!