St. Regis is a most luxury brand from Starwood, but my experience here don't live up their reputation.
Need to Improve:
-Value: terrible Value, for 500 USD in St Regis you only get a Classic Garden View Suite Room, 92 sqm. If you stay in Banyan Tree, you can get a very spacious Pool Villa (Villa-stand alone building) maybe over 403 sqm, with jacuzzi and private pool. If you stay in Room, it will be lack of privacy, for that sky rocketing price, you can get best value everywhere with Villa stay- for the best privacy.
-Their official website have a "best rate guarantee policy", beware of this policy, as sometimes, the other travel website (like hotelsclick, agoda, booking, etc) sometimes sell their room with cheaper price. If you can find lower price, you can sent a Online Claim Form, and if they accept your claim, you can get a discount. IMHO it's a hassle for me, as I must check everyday to other travel website. My friend stay here 2 years ago, and they don't know about this policy, so they loss about USD 300.
-After I watch St.Regis Bali video on Youtube and read others review too. I expecting my arrival experience will be the most enjoyable one (pick up us after we landed form airplane (before arrival hall), but in my case they just pick up us in arrival area, after baggage claim... And more thing they use a 3rd party car (Express Taxi-which their owner is same as St.Regis Bali). I expecting they use their own car accompanied with St.Regis butler (St. Regis Mercedes R-Class in Youtube), in reality they use a 3rd party Express Taxi a Old Mercedes ML class, which a little bit dirty. It makes a very big difference if St.Regis use their own car with own butler, as we can speak about the resort facilities, etc (Express Taxi driver is polite enough, but they don't know at all about St.Regis Bali).
-As I mentioned in previous review about St.Regis Bali: The television and wi-fi did not work well, down many times, especially wi-fi in beach area. The sea and salt lagoon pool is very dirty, In sea many plastic leftover coffee, instant noodles, etc. In the salt lagoon pool, there are many fall leaves and flowers.
-Hospitality: when I met the security guard on the beach (near the Strand Villas), they even turned away when I passed, usually at another hotel, they say hello and smile. One time in Lobby, I see hotel GM, Mrs.Lucia Liu, you just set your butler when you are a group of guests arrive, greet your guests indirectly (like in Amankila, Alila Uluwatu, etc, the GM personally meet and greet us when we arrive). In my opinion, this is good, because you pay attention to your guests, but for me this kind of arrival experience is less personal.
And the saving grace was:
-Their Breakfast at Boneka: WOW, WOW, WOW, very delicious, they have a caviar, lobster, foie gras, wagyu, oyster etc... It's combination a from buffet style, and ready to order a la minute. PS: in my opinion have a breakfast experience here is much better than staying here (the hospitality, service, hotel room, grounds, beach is too mediocre).
-When make reservation, I make it clear that my purpose for stay here is to celebrate my special moments, and St.Regis, sent a delicious cake for us, nice touch.
Recommended: No, see my others review for Bali section (Amankila, Alila Uluwatu), St.Regis Bali is far inferior.
Return To Sleep: No, but I definitely will return for brunch in Boneka/Kayuputi.
As usual, I always include photos in each of my reviews on Tripadvisor. - It's Real Review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Bali Resort reflects landscape architecture from the early 1900s, inspired by the blending of art and nature with lifestyle and living, and features interior design that manifests a true element of style in the culturally rich, luxurious environment of Bali. The use of rich imported fabrics with indigenous materials and cultural artifacts runs through all the 80 suites, 42 villas and 2 residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Destinology, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelbag, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The St. Regis Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- St Regis Nusa Dua
- St Regis Bali Hotel
- The St. Regis Bali Resort Nusa Dua