This Resort is the best I have ever stayed in. My wife and I are regular visitors to Bali and normally do the private villa experience, as we enjoy the personal staff and warm and inviting feeling almost always missing from hotels or large resorts elsewhere. We were recommended to stay at the St Regis and the experience has changed my opinion of what is achievable when it is done well.
First of all the setting is magnificent, with beautifully manicured grounds and buildings which are set to impress and deliver. The entrance to the Resort with vines draping down above the driveway entrance is stunning.
You can be in the greatest setting in the world but if the staff are unfriendly or unhappy it reduces your overall enjoyment. This was not the case at St Regis. The butler service was of real benefit with attentive and personable service either anticipating our needs or turning around any requirements we did have in a timely manner. There was a clear feeling of teamwork from all the staff and a shared vision of what they wanted to achieve. You truly felt that they obtained pleasure from seeing a guest happy.
The food which I will write up separately for the individual restaurants was world class. Yes, there are the stand-out dishes such as the lobster omelette in Boneka for breakfast, but it is the simple things that I will remember most such as the pancake with maple syrup. A simple dish but usually so poorly done. These were perfect each time, dressed with strawberries so light and fluffy, the best I have tried.
We stayed in a Pool Suite and then moved up to a Private Lagoon Villa. While they were both great, the villa took things to a whole new level. The finishing touches on the villa were exceptional and the direct access to a massive salt water lagoon a real bonus. We would be happy staying in either but if you pay the extra amount you will notice it.
As I said at the beginning we almost always do the private villa stay and our love of this style of accommodation was firmly entrenched. St Regis has broken down this belief and we cannot wait to return to our new home at St Regis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Bali Resort reflects landscape architecture from the early 1900s, inspired by the blending of art and nature with lifestyle and living, and features interior design that manifests a true element of style in the culturally rich, luxurious environment of Bali. The use of rich imported fabrics with indigenous materials and cultural artifacts runs through all the 80 suites, 42 villas and 2 residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- St Regis Nusa Dua
- St Regis Bali Hotel
- The St. Regis Bali Resort Nusa Dua