“You won't regret it”

The St. Regis Bali Resort
Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've spent years consulting and living in pretty swanky hotels but really.. this is pretty special - if you can afford it.
Yes dinner for two will set you back a couple hundred dollars per night with drink which feels crazy high for Bali but really... it's a wonderful place to be.

I don't know where to start but here goes:

The staff are trained to be there when needed and disappear otherwise they clean the lagon every night at 4am to avoid being spotted doing it, everything is immaculate. Everyone is so respectful and conscientious. Our butler was a lovely guy and our suite was fantastic. It wasn't a honeymoon so splashing out on a villa was a bit steep but we did see inside them and... jesus, go for it if you can.

The beach was probably the best in Bali, the size of the resort was perfect, even at high occupancy it was private and you'd never feel encroached upon. The food was easily better than many Michelin star places I've been in London, Paris etc especially if youre into seafood.

We stayed at the W Hotel a few days before and it didnt really come close to the St Regis.

Top tip even if youve never played golf before, go next door to the course, they're laid back and it's probably one of the best courses in the world.

Lastly just a note to the management:
I'm vegetarian and really found it a bit lacking, it's my own choice of course but when we tried the buffet dinner restaurant (not the haute cuisine) it really wasn't anywhere near as good as it could have been for the high price tag. The value balance wasn't there but none the less still pretty tasty for a one off.

Seriously.. go here, it's got to be one of the top 3 hotels I've been in out of perhaps 500.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alex M
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Alex M,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Thanking you for the review which posted on Trip Advisor in regards of our resort.

We do appreciate your kind feedback which mention that our services during your stay with us. I appreciate your honest comments very much. I will definitely have an internal discussion with the teams on each and every concerns you highlighted as we take guest feedback will be used for further improvement.

In addition, we always try our best to put our level services on its standards in order to make all our valued guests’ satisfaction in highest level.

In closing, again thank you and allow us to have another chance in welcome you back to our resort for your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We've been going to Bali once or twice a year since 2007. We have tried and stayed in several hotels & villas in Nusa Dua & Seminyak areas. For this July trip, We stayed in St Regis for the 2nd time. I am very convinced now this is the best hotel in Bali by far. Me and my family have decided not to stay anywhere else besides St Regis whenever we return to Bali. Beach is awesome, services are great, food quality magnificent, and the room quality is superb. A bit expensive compare to other hotel, but it worth every dollar you spend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Antonio Y
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Antonio Y,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, I'm so glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations.

We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as your previous stay.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed there 4 years ago for my honeymoon,but did not have time to review it, so on my anniversary I just decided to write a few words:
Staff: excellent excellent excellent.
Room:we stayed at the ocean villa wich I think the highest room category in the hotel, it was amazing, but as a couple we felt we did not need to have all this space, too big for a couple.
The hotel pool is amazing, the high light of the hotel. We used much more than the private pool wich is very cold and lack the ambiance of the main pool. I strongly recommend for honeymooners to take the rooms overlooking the pool since they are cheaper and the pool feels like private.
The breakfast was excellent.
The spa was nice but lacking the wow factor.
The gym was excellent.
The beach was ok, but I think the pictures are much nicer than the reality.
The water sports center is very very basic with no much choice.
The overall experience was excellent, it is a perfect place place for relaxation but not for the active pursuits.

Room Tip: Unless you are a family you do not really need to go for the big villas
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ahmed s

Dear Ahmed S,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Thank you for your time to share a wonderful review through Trip Advisor.

I am so happy to know that you have decided The St. Regis Bali as a highlight venue to celebrate your honeymoon.

Moreover, I also would like to say big thanks for your positive comments during your stay and that honestly we are all feel honored.

I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

What we liked :

- For some reason, i remember the lobster omelette the most from breakfast. It is not displayed in the breakfast buffet, and you can only find it in the breakfast menu. Fantastic. Had it every day.

- The villa was over the top. Huge garden and outdoor space. Even came with a maids room.

- The villa we stayed in was facing the beach, so we had out little section on the beach just for us. Real VIP experience.

- The staff were fantastic

What we didn't like :

- Nusa Dua is a little far from everything else. It was quite a journey to Jimbaran or Seminyak especially if you wanted to go out at night.

Room Tip: The beachfront villas are just amazing. You get your private beach right in front of the villa.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clauday

Dear Clauday,

Sunny Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and taking the time to post a wonderful comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to know that you had a most memorable St. Regis experience recently and that you enjoyed the resort with its facilities and services provided.

Certainly, we look forward to welcome you back soon for another wonderful stay as the previous one.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

1. Arrival and Departure transfer was smooth, luxurious.
The driver was very helpful and friendly
2. Check-in process was super fast , amazing with delicious welcome drink and we got an early check in at 10 am (thank you)
3. Our Suite was large, spacious, super comfort, bed was huge , heavenly , i'm pretty sure you will be sleeping after you lying on this heavenly bed . En Suite bath tub is to die for.
4. Amazing boneka Sunday Brunch experience ; amazing service , food, ambience, live music, never ending offer menu from waiter, signature st regis ice tea , coffee and so on
5. Butler service was top notch, flawless , helpful, firendly, knowledgable, nice attitude especially our last butler
6. Facility is all good ; gym was clean and had nice personal trainer, main pool is our daughter favourite, salt water lagoon is my favourite and the beach is our family favourite. The beach was clean and it had a jaw dropping view from the day bed
7. Champagne hour at The King Cole Bar with Fire Dance Ritual Was Unforgettable . Balinese
Interior, furniture and romantic lighting at outdoor is OUT of This World. At the moment our 3 years old daughter broke the glass from the table but the manager came just put a smile at her face and said never mind because it was just accidentally happened and attracting to the other nice conversations without asking to pay the broken glass. It's the other amazing St Regis Service
8. Best Quality Sleep ,This Quiet and elegant resort were truly made our relaxing stay Ever.
9. Outstanding Breakfast , i will give 11/10 specially for Egg Nouvelle, French Toast, Sashimi, Oysters and drinks selection
10. Two Thumbs Up to all the St Regis staff from our arrival to departure especially the last butler and the butler leader . You are Made our holiday to be Unforgettable
11. We Will Definitely, as soon as possible be back again.

Room Tip: suite is near the restaurant lagoon villa and strand villa is the best experience if you like swimm...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kaleb Y
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Kaleb Y,

Sunny greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Thank you so much for penning your recent experience on Trip Advisor.

It’s an honor for us to read several wonderful points that you have mentioned regarding to the resort and that you had a superb St. Regis experience.

Allow me on behalf of the entire team to once again thank you for your wonderful feedback, we do highly appreciated as guest satisfaction is our utmost priority.

We already look forward to your return for another “ ultra luxury family summer holiday”!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

As a family of five we stayed at the St Regis for 12 nights at the beginning of July. We have been to Bali before and loved the hotel we stayed in then, but our travel agent assured us the St Regis was even better. We had two pool suite rooms which were beautiful and among the largest in which we have ever stayed. All the excellent comments have been made before by many others with which I would concur, so I would just like to point out a few, fairly minor points, but which nevertheless prevent me from saying everything was absolutely perfect.

Our two and a half year old granddaughter was with us and the hotel's website had emphasised the extras provided for children, such as dressing gowns, slippers and step stool for the bathroom. My daughter also emailed the hotel just before we arrived to remind them that a toddler was coming and they needed a cot or extra bed in the room. When we arrived there was no cot in the room. It was certainly brought fairly quickly but with only an under sheet. When they returned from having something to eat they had to phone for a duvet and pillow. There were also no amenities as promised and we had to request these next day. The dressing gown and slippers eventually were provided but the step stool was not provided at all. I do have to say that the wonderful staff were excellent with her at all times and never failed to make a fuss of her and she had a wonderful time.

On a few occasions we were give sweet treats in the room during turndown, being told this was because we were long stay guests. A lovely touch. However this was inconsistent and if it is done for long stay guests, it should be every evening. We also found the turn down staff arrived around 5pm each evening when we were just about to prepare for dinner etc. We asked that this be delayed until after 8 p.m. each evening, but they still came early. Again 'though the staff themselves were delightful, and no complaints about their work.

My husband and I celebrated our ruby wedding anniversary and his birthday (on the same day!) our travel agent had highlighted this on booking. On returning to the room in the afternoon, a beautiful cake, flowers and cards were left by the butler service and after dinner, rose petals were arranged in the bath and on the bed. Very nice touches, much appreciated. At dinner in Kayuputi the waiters brought out a little cake and candle with happy birthday and happy anniversary written round the plate in chocolate. Again, much appreciated. At the end of the holiday my daughter and son-in-law also celebrated their wedding anniversary and my son-in-law's birthday, again on the same day. (Seems to be a habit in our family!). Our travel agent had also highlighted these. However, nothing to mark these celebrations was forthcoming, so I spoke to the duty manager and another member of staff late afternoon and expressed my sadness that having done such a lot for us, nothing had been done for my family, not even a card. They expressed regret and said a large cake would be provided after dinner in Kuyuputi, but I said that we couldn't eat a large cake after dinner, since the desserts there were spectacular and a small cake, as my husband had had, would suffice. I also pointed out that my son-in-law couldn't eat fruit so perhaps a little chocolate cake would be appropriate.

Imagine our embarrassment when a large fruit cake was brought out before dessert with all waiting staff singing happy birthday. It was not the fault of the restaurant staff so we felt obliged to eat some of it (except the one whose birthday it was). We therefore missed the wonderful desserts we were looking forward to on our last evening in. Bali. It was also embarrassing because the lady at the next table was brought a small chocolate cake with a candle on the plate and no song! Again, inconsistency.

When they went back to the room, there were rose petals all over the floor and in the bath. Our granddaughter slipped on the petals on the wooden floor. There was also a bowl of flowers which was a waste when we were leaving next day. Also provided at 11.00 p.m. was a cheeseboard and one in our room too. After a huge meal at that time of night, did they seriously think we could eat all that? What a waste and sadly not thought out properly. In trying to make up for doing nothing, they went over the top and wasted our final dinner in the hotel.

We pointed this out to the next day and in a further effort to apologise offered a drink in the bar before we left for the airport and provided a hotel car to take us to the airport instead of the car arranged by the travel company. These were appreciated but shouldn't have been necessary. Surely all guests should be treated equally when it comes to little extras for a special occasion?

Despite all this, as I said at the beginning, we had a wonderful family holiday to celebrate our special occasions and would still recommend St Regis Bali to anyone. Perhaps our problems being highlighted will help over one these issues in the future.

Room Tip: Depends on your requirements and your budget. All beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear LiloLil50,

Sunny Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I recently visited the St.Regis Bali to celebrate a special birthday and had an amazing time. We were picked up by the hotel team at the airport which quickly took us through customs and immigration. That alone saved us at least 30-45' at the airport! When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the head butler, Carlos. He took the time to explain everything about the hotel and his team made sure there was always someone taking care of us throughout our stay. The hotel itself is stunning, with great attention to detail and very attentive staff. It's a very big property and given the small number of rooms it feels very secluded and quiet. This was great for us as we wanted relaxation and not to be in a crowded hotel. The breakfast is truly spectacular, with a great buffet but the highlight is the a la carte menu, which has some very interesting and somewhat unusual dishes. The main pool, the lagoon, is huge and a great place to spend your day. If you can, try to get a villa by the beach or the lagoon as these are truly something. The food in all the restaurants, especially the Indonesian one, is really good and not expensive, certainly not for the quality you get and the fact that you are in a St.Regis. All in all a fantastic experience and one which I thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Thundercat1984,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort.

Thank you very much for your exceptional feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am so happy to know that you had a fantastic holiday in St. Regis Bali particularly an amazing time to celebrate a special birthday at the resort.

On behalf of our Chief Butler, Mr. Carlos Constanzo allow me to thank you for your wonderful feedback that I will share it with him also to the entire team as this gives us the opportunity to show our team that their efforts are truly cherished by our guests.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back to the resort in the not so distance future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nusa Dua
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali
The Mulia
The Mulia
#5 of 54 in Nusa Dua

Been to The St. Regis Bali Resort? Share your experiences!