I've spent years consulting and living in pretty swanky hotels but really.. this is pretty special - if you can afford it.
Yes dinner for two will set you back a couple hundred dollars per night with drink which feels crazy high for Bali but really... it's a wonderful place to be.
I don't know where to start but here goes:
The staff are trained to be there when needed and disappear otherwise they clean the lagon every night at 4am to avoid being spotted doing it, everything is immaculate. Everyone is so respectful and conscientious. Our butler was a lovely guy and our suite was fantastic. It wasn't a honeymoon so splashing out on a villa was a bit steep but we did see inside them and... jesus, go for it if you can.
The beach was probably the best in Bali, the size of the resort was perfect, even at high occupancy it was private and you'd never feel encroached upon. The food was easily better than many Michelin star places I've been in London, Paris etc especially if youre into seafood.
We stayed at the W Hotel a few days before and it didnt really come close to the St Regis.
Top tip even if youve never played golf before, go next door to the course, they're laid back and it's probably one of the best courses in the world.
Lastly just a note to the management:
I'm vegetarian and really found it a bit lacking, it's my own choice of course but when we tried the buffet dinner restaurant (not the haute cuisine) it really wasn't anywhere near as good as it could have been for the high price tag. The value balance wasn't there but none the less still pretty tasty for a one off.
Seriously.. go here, it's got to be one of the top 3 hotels I've been in out of perhaps 500.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Bali Resort reflects landscape architecture from the early 1900s, inspired by the blending of art and nature with lifestyle and living, and features interior design that manifests a true element of style in the culturally rich, luxurious environment of Bali. The use of rich imported fabrics with indigenous materials and cultural artifacts runs through all the 80 suites, 42 villas and 2 residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Splitty, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- St Regis Nusa Dua
- St Regis Bali Hotel
- The St. Regis Bali Resort Nusa Dua