“Beautiful Hotel in Nusa Dua” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Bali Nusa Dua Resort

Courtyard Bali Nusa Dua Resort
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Bengaluru, India
“Beautiful Hotel in Nusa Dua”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hi,

I stayed there with my wife for a period of 4 days and it was an excellent stay all throughout. The staff were very professional, the breakfast was excellent and the swimming pool was beautiful. The location was good too with walking distance from a host of cafe's a couple of which we really enjoyed and liked.

Small cons:

1. The beach is far away from the hotel in the sense you need a shuttle (which they do provide every half an hour). Also the sea was kind off rocky (nothing Marriott can do) but there are better public beaches the ones in Sanur for example

2. We had an issue with the door lock not working which was promptly fixed but then it recurred the next day. It was a minor point but we were a little surprised with the issue.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top not facing the swimming pool in case you want to sleep late. Would be quieter a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard_NusaDua, Director of Rooms at Courtyard Bali Nusa Dua Resort, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting positive reviews on TripAdvisor, and for providing us with such wonderful feedback on your recent stay.

Your kind words are an additional motivation for the team overall and I will share accordingly. I had look in to the keys problem, and we have carried out general maintenance for all door locks and there shouldn't be any more problem for your future stay or for other guests.

It feels wonderful to read that you had an outstanding and pleasant stay, and we will hopefully have the honor to welcome you back very soon!

Once again, thank you very much for sharing such positive experiences, and the very best wishes from the "Island of the Gods".

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Pleasantly surprised by the standard of this hotel/resort. We booked primarily on the cost and secondly on it being a Marriott. The entire stay was one of superlatives. The check in process was quick and easy, the room was very well appointed and comfortable and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have used in Asia. We were in Bali to destress from our busy schedules in Australia and hardly left the resort for the 5 day stay. It was ideal for this purpose! The pool was clean, large and refreshing and we spent most of our stay within a couple of feet of the water! The breaskfasts were a highlight of every day, and anyone who couldn't find ample food to their liking would be happy with no hotel in the world, in my humble opinion! We ate in the hotel's MoMo Reataurant for most of our nights there and never tired of it. The food was always hot and tasty and coupled with excellent service. The staff in the restaurant, from Adi and Erni, in the evening through to the dynamic staff at breakfast, and especially Murdi our house cleaner were all great ambassadors for the Marriott chain. I know we will be back to Bali again after this, our first trip there, and will be heading straight for the Courtyard without a moment's hesitation! Well done!

Room Tip: The pool view rooms were awesome
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan2041
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua was enjoyable with many pond of memories. We realize you are away from friends and family, and we want to make your “home away from home” as comfortable as possible.

My sincere gratitude for the kind words for our associates, Erni, Adi and Murdi who are single biggest assets and we proudly extend the Marriott service culture to our valued guests all the time. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

We are pleased that you chose Courtyard by Marriott Nusa Dua Bali for your visit and hope you will allow us to be of service to you again. Please feel free to contact us, should you need any assistance pertaining your future booking.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have 2 kids, 3 and 6 yo. so, the review might be good for families.
The first reason why I booked courtyard was because we wanted a hotel with a big pool, and there was a kids club. It was good that we booked this hotel as it was a perfect getaway for the family.
When we first arrived, there was 2 huge barriers , security checks, it convinced me the choice was right as security was good. Nusa Dua area is really filled with bigger hotels with very comprehensive security checks.
The lobby area was huge, very pleasant and spacious, which gives us much breathing space. The staff were all courteous and extremely friendly and polite.
The kids club was a bonus as they had activities for kids, and a small ball pit for the slightly younger kids. X box was there, and also a room to watch Disney cartoons. Excellent.
The pool was made up of two U shape. with a slight gradient to the pool, my 3 yo could play and enjoy herself, without being too deep in the pool. There was plenty of trees , which provided a lot of shade. It was really good to chill and relax, on the rest chairs, without getting too much of a tan.
The beach was a 2-3 min bus ride which the hotel will provide. Amazingly, the hotel provides shuttle also to Bali Collection, a short 2 min drive away from the hotel. Anyway, back to the beach. The private beach area was so cool. There was only guests from the hotel, and it was peaceful and serene, so unlike the Kuta beach. There is also a pool bar which allows us to order drinks.
Bali collection is small collection of shops and restaurants that we had lunch in and did some shopping. Its a quiet little area , so unlike Kuta area. Plenty of food places to choose from. Most restaurants are child friendly and have high chairs.
Travelling to Kuta area was easy in cabs, remember to get the hotel to call for metered cab. While in Kuta, I could see the difference in terms of atmosphere. Yes Kuta was more happening with a lot to see and eat. But I really preferred the quietness of the Courtyard.
Breakfast was ok, with a good spread, but some were lacking in taste. As I have a 3 yo, she was quite fussy about food. But for adults, the spread was good enough.
We also ordered room service which was very good and affordable.
The bedroom was with 2 double bed, which I had specially requested, and it was big and spacious. Love the bathroom as it was huge:)
Everything in Courtyard was accessible as the staff would go all the way to help. Calling for cabs, shuttle bus, extra towels, extra bottled water. Anything you want, you have it.
And it is only about 20 min can ride to Kuta, it is quite easy to get around.
All in all, Courtyard might be a wee bit more expensive compared to some other hotels in other parts of Bali, but I consider it a good price because of the good service we got from them.
Not to forget, C spa was perfect too. Will do a review on that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank pamela_flen77
Dear Guest,

I am extremely delighted by your kind words. It is wonderful that you chose Courtyard Marriott Bali Nusa Dua and you thoroughly enjoyed our first impression at our hotel. We have tried our best to make the best impeccable arrival experience and are happy to know that this is being acknowledged.

My sincere gratitude for the kind words for our associates who are single biggest assets and we proudly extend the Marriott service culture to our valued guests all the time. I was very pleased to read your comments and will definitely extend the appreciation to our associates for their effort in making complete service excellence during your stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was stayed at courtyard nusa dua bali 1 week ago..the room,food,service was very great..the employee was very helpfull and kind..stayed at courtyard was like heaven and very comfortable..this hotel is very recommended..there is nothing hotel around bali that can give service like at courtyard..amazing hotel..amazing service..very recommended..

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Kardina N
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your valuable insights. At Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua we endeavor to provide you with the level of service and facilities that is synonymous with the brand. I am pleased to read that you had good time in the hotel with all services and quality of room, food in the hotel. We take great pride in being able to provide our treasured guests with authentic and intuitive service and I will certainly pass on the compliments to my team of fabulous associates.

My team and I continuously strive to ensure that our valued guests receive authentic Marriott Service and your gracious comments only motivate us to work harder. I eagerly await to meet you your future stay with us and do let me know in any ways we can make your stay more memorable.

Vadodara, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

In early June we had a family holiday for five days(3rd to 8th june) in Bali. We stayed at the Marriot Courtyard. We had a great time at the hotel. Well appointed rooms overlooking a large pool. The breakfast had good spread including local Balinese cuisine.

The package included a romantic dinner at their private beach located close by. This dinner was memorable.

The beach is at a small distance from the hotel. Wish the hotel was located on the beach itself.

The stay was stress free. N enjoyable.

M.K.Tandon

Room Tip: Hotel is a good if one is not looking for being on the beach.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am grateful to you for taking the time to post this review on your stay at the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua. I’m happy to know that you love to see our pool side with its beautiful landscape and enjoy your sleeping experience at Courtyard Marriott Bali Nusa Dua. Even though our location is not right in front of the beach, you still enjoy your time at our property as we provide free shuttle service which makes every guest at ease when visiting our beach club.
I am also pleased to hear that our breakfast selection is up to your liking. Nusa Dua is one of the best Bali destinations which suit every need of any travelers. Either for leisure or business, here is the place.

We are all looking forward to have your return visit, please feel free to contact us should you have any plan for your return visit.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Smooth check in and check out, no waiting,no excuses. Lovely swimming pool in between the hotel blocks. Room was bigger, neat and clean with all amenities required to enjoy the stay. Stayed three nights and enjoyed Hyatt's hospitality. Staff were helpful and very friendly to brief about their island, customs and culture. Courtyard has shuttle service to their private beach which was frequent and drop us, as we like in shopping area, while return back from beach. They operate a lovely beach restaurant to enjoy the beach visit and selective range of good drinks and food.

Only discomfort we noticed was, the elevator (lift) was very hot inside since there was no fan.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your valuable insights. At Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua we endeavor to provide you with the level of service and facilities that is synonymous with the brand. I am pleased to read that you had great time in the hotel with all services and quality of room in the hotel.

I appreciate your valuable feedback on the elevator and we are looking in to this area with our team. I look forward to welcoming you back and can assure you of a unique experience at the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua!

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at Courtyard Nusa Dua in May, 2014. The Nusa Dua area itself is beautiful, well maintained, albeit very quiet as far as things to do go and pretty much for tourists only and . The city of Kuta (shopping, entertainment) is fairly close though.

Back to Courtyard, here are my pros:

- Beautiful hotel with a very serene and relaxing environment. The pool especially felt like such an oasis I could have stayed there forever.
- AMAZINGLY friendly staff! I cannot say enough about everyone that went out of their way to meet all of our needs and wants.
- Spa was top notch and the prices were dirt cheap - they even gave us an extra % off probably because of the slow season.
- There's no direct beach access but the frequent shuttle will take you to the private Courtyard Beach Club with an immaculate beach, small restaurant, etc.
- Our room was as beautiful as the rest of the hotel, well maintained and comfortable. There was nothing I found lacking to be honest.
- Breakfast was delicious and offered something for everyone. It's definitely worth it to pay extra to have the breakfast included. Try the noodle station and the watermelon juice!

Now, here's why I'm rating this hotel a 3 despite the fact that we very much enjoyed our stay:

- on our first day there, we asked the front desk staff to recommend someplace where we could go snorkeling and diving. We trusted that they would only suggest a good location/vendor. Instead, we were sent to a place that I can only call a dump. It was extremely overcrowded (hundreds of people waiting in line at one point), and unsafe. Instructors actually smoked right next to the oxygen tanks on the decrepit boat (!!) and were not at all concerned about taking us to a good place to snorkel/dive - there was absolutely nothing to see. I am not sure why Courtyard would ever recommend this place to their guests.

- another minus was the food (breakfast excluded). The food at the beach club was barely edible; the burgers some of us ordered were so bad that the hungry dogs we gave them too would not even eat them. I am not quite sure they were even made out of beef....The dinner we had at the hotel was only slightly better. The fish was dry, the pizza was soggy, etc. I don't know why they do such an excellent job with their breakfast and do so poorly with food elsewhere...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Clevelander83
Courtyard_NusaDua, Director of Rooms at Courtyard Bali Nusa Dua Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua. I regret the stay experience and would sincerely like to apologize for the missed opportunities. I understand your stay did not match up to your expectation of Courtyard Experience. We will revisit all aspect of your stay with all touch points to ensure that we rectify them and extend our best of impeccable standards to our valued guests. You have been really kind enough to share your experience which was not satisfactory and my apologies for the same. I have made a note of your comments and will certainly ensure that we will list the best activity selection, quality of food at our beach club live up to the standards espoused by the Marriott brand.

Once again, I thank you for your feedback and will look forward to your next visit to the Courtyard Marriott, Bali Nusa Dua.