My children and I were just chatting the other day about all the hotels we have ever stayed at. This one was at the top of the list. The price, grounds and services were wonderful. The location was okay.
When we booked it, we were surprised at how inexpensive it was. Less than $90 a night I think for a Marriott. We hired a driver for the week and he took us back and forth to airport and tourist areas, so we had no need for a taxi unless we went down the street to the shopping area, which was walking distance.
We passed through 3 security checkpoints and a bomb- or drug-sniffing dog so the area seems fairly safe. When we arrived, the grounds were nice and well kept. The lobby is airy and open and the attendants were friendly and courteous. We were given tea and cold towels as we waited for our room and keys. The rooms were very spacious and looked very nice and clean. There were two large umbrellas in the closet---very useful!! It rained almost every day and the hotel has an open concept, so you could get wet if you decided to walk around the grounds. We stayed on the third floor I think, so we had a nice view of the pool, bar and trees. The ground rooms had sliding doors that opened to the pool area.
The pool was amazing. It was huge!! And partly shaded by beautiful, tall trees so my children had little need for sunscreen most times. Lots of lounge chairs, an area for the little ones, ramp and steps to enter the pool, a very well-stocked bar, lots of little walking trails, umbrellas and a couple of large decks to sunbathe. There were a few nights where they had live music and that was really nice. They also had the restaurant menu, so we ordered food to the pool area any time we wanted.
The restaurant was also amazing!! The food was nicely priced and just wonderful. They offered regular menu and buffet. During the buffet they offered a large selection of Balinese food beautifully presented in its separate table. It was so delicious, we just couldn't get enough.
They also had a kid's club with scheduled activities. That was the best part for us. The kid's club is located in a gorgeous new-looking building at the end of the pool area. So you could just peacefully lounge at the pool knowing your kids were in your line of sight. My children participated in a few activities to include traditional Balinese dress-up and cooking lessons. The dress up was wonderful, they took pictures with my camera and they had lots of fun. The cooking lesson was in the restaurant kitchen and they also took pictures as they cooked. The children made pizzas (their choice) with fresh ingredients and then ate them. Very inexpensive as well. The ladies who watched the children were very gentle and extremely nice. There were separate areas for the little baby ones, with cribs as well. Inside the kid's club they had bean bags, movies, tv shows , video games, jungle gym, puzzles, you name it - they have it! The kids can also order food to the club and eat it there.
The spa was fantastic and very reasonably priced. My husband and I had a 3 hours couple massage/scrub/milk bath for less than $120, I think.
The beach was off-site, so you would catch a shuttle for about 5 minutes that would take you there. Although a tad inconvenient, the small area reserved for the Courtyard guests was well-kept and well-serviced. They also had a small bar, lounge chairs, towels and umbrellas there. Lots of little areas to explore around the beach. The children found 10-legged star fish on the rocks and other little critters. Unfortunately, the water was a bit murky and we found quite a bit of trash in the water, as I found in all the water bodies I visited in Bali. In this beach though, the sea-trash was minimal and the sand was nice and clean. I saw a number of surfers trying to catch some waves.
The shopping area was very close to the hotel with lots of shops and restaurants. The prices here were average, but there was a lot of variety. Department stores, designer shops, Starbucks, massage parlors and live music.
Last but not least, the location. Nusa Dua was very nice and everything looked picture perfect. Gorgeous trees, flowers, landscaping, statues, very impressive, and safe, for the tourists. So for those who just want to hang out in a nice, safe, clean touristy area, then Nusa Dua is for you! To experience more of Bali we also had a village-stay with a nice host family and were very happy we did. It was humbling, eye-opening and unforgettable to say the least. We also visited Ubud and that also felt like a different experience all together.
We travel a lot and go with the flow of things. So small things that bug other people (like not enough shampoo, too much rain or a long wait for a drink) would have been something completely overlooked by us. I do recall things like these happening at times, just not important enough to mention. All in all, this hotel was great and would have given it higher marks had there been a beach on site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the stunning coast of southern Bali, and minutes away from the tranquil and pristine white sand beaches, our new Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua hotel's location is ideal. Situated in luxurious Nusa Dua, an idyllic paradise perfect for those wanting romance or serenity, our Nusa Dua resort's locale is desired as destination for relaxation or a family vacation. Make memories at our Bali hotel's lagoon swimming pool, pamper yourself at our health club and spa, or take a long, romantic walk on the nearby beach. For those wishing to explore the allure of Balinese culture, local cuisine and shopping, as well as entertainment, can be found at the Bali Collection close by - where connecting with the Balinese people is a breeze. Nearby attractions include Waterborn Park, Benoa Marine, and a championship 18-hole golf course and they are sure to please any outdoor enthusiast or adventure seeker. With so much to explore all around, our Nusa Dua hotel's accommodations and public spaces are the perfect home base for small groups, families, honeymooners, and solo travelers wanting a trip of a lifetime. Come capture the splendor of island life with Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort. We look forward to welcoming you to our Nusa Dua Bali hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Hotel Nusa Dua
- Courtyard By Marriott Bali Nusa Dua Resort