We have just returned from 9 days at the hotel and I notice from other reviews that the hotel does seem to respond to most of the reviews. I hope they respond to mine but without the same boring platitudes about looking into varying complaints.
This is undoubtedly a beautiful facility. The pools are all beautiful, rooms are comfortable and modern, the grounds are manicured within an inch of their lives, and there are many and varied eating choices.
The problem is (as everyone else is aware of) the price of everything once you are in the hotel. Most people don't object to paying slightly more for food & drinks & massages etc in the hotel but this place is ridiculous.
We decided to eat at the buffet in the main restaurant one evening - we left it till later (8.30) to -usedeat hoping for some atmosphere......but there were 2 other couples in the restaurant.....I commented to the waiter that there was no-one here...he tried to tell me that it will get busy later??? It didn't - my argument with hotel management is that wouldn't it be better to have a full restaurant and charge less - this buffet was close to $50AU per person and ordinary at best. Most evenings we would go to the restaurants in the hotel to have a look and in the 9 days we were there they never had more than a couple or people in them.
The same can be said for the Spa......massively overpriced and un-used.....I'm feel desperately sad for the beautiful staff who stand around and try and look busy.
I know the mentality of these so-called "luxury" hotels - they generally have no conscience in regard to price and service, but any company with a view to make money will tell you that a full hotel - being rooms, restaurants, spa's is a happy hotel........this place was just plain empty - and devoid of atmosphere, the staff however are magnificent.
We would see so many of the guests eating & massaging up at the Bali Collection - a venue with multiple restaurants, shops and spa's, at least half the price and with a generally more sober atmosphere (compared to say Kuta) but all in all very pleasant - very never had a bad meal or massage.
I know that the hotel will respond with positive comments and say they will endeavour to look at some of the less positive points I have made - but I know that nothing will change and that is a real shame because people like us would happily never leave the hotel if the prices for food & services were reasonable - but like us, most people seek a holiday which is good value - sadly the Laguna does not provide that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua