“dream honeymoon in Bali”

The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Gurgaon
“dream honeymoon in Bali”
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed in Laguna Resort, Nusa Dua Bali from 02 to 07 Feb 2011 on our honeymoon. Our dream honeymoon had to be in Nusa Dua ,Bali and we chose to stay at Laguna resort, Nusa Dua after an exhaustive search spread over 2 months. Since my wife is a vegetarian, I had to write to quite a few hotels asking for meal options and details. Laguna resort, Nusa Dua was the only resort which responded to my emails.

We stayed in a huge deluxe room which we absolutely loved. Laguna Resort gave us traditional Balimoon liquor and heart shaped chocolates as complimentary gifts.

The room service was exemplary along with the food quality. The room was sparkling clean and the view outside was one of the best the hotel could provide.

I would recommend Laguna Resort, Nusa Dua to all my friends, families and all those reading my post. Nusa Dua is one of the most beautiful and picturesque beaches in Bali and away from the crowd and hustle and bustle of the city. The hotel's location is ideal for honeymooners and families alike.

I have also stayed at Laguna Resort, Phuket and enjoyed their superb hospitality there as well..

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mohitritu
thelagunabali, Hotel Management at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 April 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you had a most memorable honeymoon while staying at The Laguna and that our team looked after you very well.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to welcoming you both back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality on your second honeymoon.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We recently spent a week here for the pure purpose of relaxing and spending time with our 3 year old daughter. From the time of booking the service was fantastic, with the helpful concierge arranging our transfers. Our driver was waiting to collect us with a big sign and a cool bottle of water. The car included a baby seat (surely a must considering the traffic) and was very comfortable and air conditioned. We arrived late and stayed in one of the resorts regular rooms which was very well appointed wi a huge double bath.
We then transferred to a Villa. We have stayed in many luxurious resorts and hotels before, but this villa was something else. Huge, with beautiful furnishings and luxury touches like BOSE sound systems in both the living area and bedroom. Our daughter was more than comfortable in the butler's quarters! The outdoor pool was a full size swimming pool, not a plunge pool as I have experienced before, plus 2outdoor showers, an outdoor massage table and complete privacy. It was indeed difficult to drag ourselves away from this wonderful oasis, however the white sands of Nysa dua beach beckoned. A shorthand stroll through the beautiful resort grounds, or free private transport by golf buggy and you're on the beach. There's a great kid's pool, where we could relax with a cocktail while she paddled, or we could take her in one of the many expansive lagoon pools. The resort staff are sensational, with most of them remembering your name after the first day, never mind your regular drink order. I went for 2 dives at the local Nusa dua site, gear and guide fantastic, soft coral and fish life pretty good. Wonderful mix of guests, we were expecting 90% Australian, like Fiji, but were pleasantly surprised by the eclectic mix of Russians, Japanese and Germans. The few Australians we did meet were usually with young families like us, and we were happy to enjoy a distinct lack of footy trips and buck's weeks. Local shopping at Bali collection shopping centre is handy and all feels very safe with security everywhere. Our 1 trip off the resort area was to turtle island, which my daughter loved, but I mainly felt sorry for the animals, and felt like everyone was constantly trying to rip me off. It just made returning to our beautiful villa oasis even better!

We will return!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Aben3230
thelagunabali, Hotel Management at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 March 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you had a most enriching and distinctive experience while staying at The Laguna and that our team looked after you very well.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to welcoming you and family back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality in the near future.

Perth
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Just spent 12 days at Laguna as a post-retirement holiday. We wanted serious R&R and couldn't have done better. Can't fault the staff, facilities etc. etc. The swimmable lagoons are a particular plus, specially if you get a lagoon access room. We eat most of our meals in the resort and can't agree with some negative comments of other reviewers, food was excellent throughout. Yes, restaurants in Bali Collection are cheaper but that's to be expected. For us, based on the package we bought in Australia, Laguna was good value. When we pay for a luxury hotel we expect to get it and the Laguna delivered in spades. Highly recommended if you want a fairly 'soft' Bali experience away from the hustle and bustle. As others have said don't believe much of what Lonely Planet says about Nusa Dua, they don't do it justice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dmcm142

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you had a most enriching and distinctive post - retirement holiday experience while staying at The Laguna and that our team looked after you very well.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to welcoming you back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 March 2011

My dear friend Wendy and I stayed at this property for 16 nights, the first 9 nights Wendy and I, and then followed by Wendy's partner for the remainder of the stay. My partner and I then moved in to the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel (fantastic value, and wonderful stay).

The Laguna is lovely, restful and extremely well catered to your needs. The prices are expensive once you are there, but going to the Bali Collection did break up our afterrnoon after long restful days by the pool.
The only thing we found was that there wasn't much atmosphere at the Laguna. It seemed like everyone up and goes for the day & night actually, and we were not sure why. Our main challenge for the day was to lay by the pool, so maybe if you are not a sun worshipper, you may like to go on those various day trips. The area itself is lovely, I would have to say it is the "Noosa" of Bali. This being my 4th trip to Bali. The room prices are expensive and we felt were overpriced. The staff are wonderful, as are most in Bali from past experience.

We met a lovely young couple from Zurich, and I do hope they read this review as we unfortunately did not get an email contact address from them, so hello "Reito and Andrea" if you read this review !!.
Also have a look at the Melia, and the Nusa Dus Beach Hotel !, any of the accommodation on the strip really is lovely, but past there can be a little noisy (owing to the water sports).

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JanetWendy
thelagunabali, Hotel Management at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 March 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the room prices and atmosphere at The Laguna. Your feedback is very much appreciated in order for us to review our service and facilities. You have allowed us the opportunity to look into the areas where we have not delivered the standards we try so hard to maintain.

Other than that, we are most happy to learn that you had an enriching and distinctive experience while staying with us.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to welcoming you and friends back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We spent a week at the Laguna in February after having enjoyed it so much last year. The service, attention to detail and cleanliness of the resort is unchanged. Whilst it is not cheap by Bali standards, if you want a totally relaxing, classy hotel this is for you.
The breakfast was excellent, just ask for bananas or mangos if they are not on view and they will appear. We were sorry to leave!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
thelagunabali, Hotel Management at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 April 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you had once again a most enriching and distinctive experience while staying at The Laguna and that our team looked after you very well.

Pingelly
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We have just returned from 9 days at the hotel and I notice from other reviews that the hotel does seem to respond to most of the reviews. I hope they respond to mine but without the same boring platitudes about looking into varying complaints.
This is undoubtedly a beautiful facility. The pools are all beautiful, rooms are comfortable and modern, the grounds are manicured within an inch of their lives, and there are many and varied eating choices.
The problem is (as everyone else is aware of) the price of everything once you are in the hotel. Most people don't object to paying slightly more for food & drinks & massages etc in the hotel but this place is ridiculous.
We decided to eat at the buffet in the main restaurant one evening - we left it till later (8.30) to -usedeat hoping for some atmosphere......but there were 2 other couples in the restaurant.....I commented to the waiter that there was no-one here...he tried to tell me that it will get busy later??? It didn't - my argument with hotel management is that wouldn't it be better to have a full restaurant and charge less - this buffet was close to $50AU per person and ordinary at best. Most evenings we would go to the restaurants in the hotel to have a look and in the 9 days we were there they never had more than a couple or people in them.
The same can be said for the Spa......massively overpriced and un-used.....I'm feel desperately sad for the beautiful staff who stand around and try and look busy.
I know the mentality of these so-called "luxury" hotels - they generally have no conscience in regard to price and service, but any company with a view to make money will tell you that a full hotel - being rooms, restaurants, spa's is a happy hotel........this place was just plain empty - and devoid of atmosphere, the staff however are magnificent.
We would see so many of the guests eating & massaging up at the Bali Collection - a venue with multiple restaurants, shops and spa's, at least half the price and with a generally more sober atmosphere (compared to say Kuta) but all in all very pleasant - very never had a bad meal or massage.
I know that the hotel will respond with positive comments and say they will endeavour to look at some of the less positive points I have made - but I know that nothing will change and that is a real shame because people like us would happily never leave the hotel if the prices for food & services were reasonable - but like us, most people seek a holiday which is good value - sadly the Laguna does not provide that.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beambine6308
thelagunabali, Hotel Management at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 March 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding our food, beverage and spa pricing. Kindly be advised that we have a regular competitive analysis to ensure we are in line with similar hotels however based on your feedback, we will review our pricing and ensure they value for money.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to welcoming you back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality in the future.

Florida
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We were in Asia on business and decided to end with a few days in Bali. In order to keep budgets on track, we used our Starwood Points to book this hotel.

Ended up with a junior suite, which is what was available. I'd definitely recommend--the extra space was very nice.

Overall, the hotel was pretty great. Lush and tropical grounds. Great service. Lovely beach. The spa--can't even rave enough about it. Even my husband had a treatment. They were so cheap and so wonderful.

Unfortunately, the Indian ocean is dirtier than you think, but the pools were great. So many types of locations so you can lose yourself in serenity. I was very resentful of the work I had to do on-site.

I do wish the in-room internet had been free. At the regular prices, it really should have been. Having to work in the open air lobby at night resulted in a lot of mosquito bites.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple