Bali's beaches are okay, some are very poor but the beach at Nusa Dua is a beautiful and clean white sandy beach. This is the highlight of this hotel.
The grounds are beautiful with many pools, a waterfall and lovely gazebos which are great to lounge in during the day or evenings; but before you even reach them you are greeted by a beautiful reception area and incredibly efficient staff. The rooms however are very dated and do show signs of wear and tear, I was genuinely disappointed upon arrival at our room.
Food selection is limited to the in-house restaurants as the hotel is within a gated area and there is nothing else nearby. None of the restaurants serve any halal food which is surprising, I appreciate Bali is very different but Indonesia is a Muslim country and for a hotel of that 'standard' I do find this unacceptable.
The restaurants were okay until my husband got severe food poisoning... The hotel did have an in-house doctor to see to my husband who arrived straight away and confirmed acute food poisoning through consumption of a parasite most likely from the seafood we ate however the cost of the doctor and medication was added to our bill. We had eaten only at the hotel for the previous 2 days however the restaurant did not accept responsibility; out of 'goodwill' they allowed us a late check out and the cost of the meal removed from our bill...
Hotel staff in general were very helpful and efficient and were very quick to respond when we did have issues.
The spa is lovely although expensive, I had a few treatments there. The one treatment to avoid is the one where they pour oil on the head - I was not warned in advance that the oil will take 10+ washes to wash out fully - I spent a good few days with greasy looking hair that I just couldn't wash out!
Despite the beautiful setting I would personally prefer to stay elsewhere and stay healthy for the duration of my holiday ( i appreciate it could have been a one off - but why take the risk?) - there are many nicer and newer resorts in the area with access to the same beautiful beach, why compromise on the room and your health?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua