“holiday of a lifetime”
Review of Hilton Bali Resort

Hilton Bali Resort
Ranked #23 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 20 August 2014

well to start I wasn't sure of what i was in for
all I can say is 4 thumbs up 8times over I can not fault anything I felt like a v I p please keep up the good work I am 83 years old my name joan marlee

Room Tip: if you want quiet choose higher floors less a/c noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joan M
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Hilton Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Joan M,
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.
We are very happy to read your positive comments and look forward to welcoming you back again.
With best regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed in Family Suite room for 4 nights.
Very beautiful build hotel. The pools are the biggest in the hotel I've ever stayed :)
the beach was very clean.
My kids were very happy staying here.
Everything just perfect for family vacation except breakfast.
Breakfast was so standard for this class of hotel, I found better choice of breakfast in lower class of hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jack K

Dear Jack K,
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.
We are very happy to read that you had a good time here and enjoyed the room, the view and overall the resort.
We have taken good note of your constructive comments related with breakfast and constantly work on improving our offer.
We look forward to welcoming you and family again.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just came back from 10 days at this beautiful property, what a treat! The hotel grounds are beautiful and the views of the ocean are more than amazing. We had a great time and cannot thank enough to the staff of this place for the wonderful memories we are taking back with us. We truly felt like everyone was trying to make us feel great - it's definitely a 5 star service.
Here's my review:
Room: we had a deluxe ocean view, and yes, its a deluxe view. The room is nice, nothing extravagant but decent size. We had a king size bed which is a massive 'hollywood king' size bed. Not sure how we booked this ( did it though expedia), but that's all the room had for 4 people. Kinda weird, but we made it work, and me and my husband slept great with my two kids in that massive bed. We were at the Cliff tower.
Pool-beach: great pools for the kids, and as some reviewers said, it has some loose tiles, but nothing major and the staff was working on getting it fixed- and didn't bug us one bit. My kids loved the 2 slides ( and I did too). The beach is fantastic, but the ocean is a little rough. In the evenings it was very nice to swim and snorkel there but during the day it was dangerous. Not sure if it was the time of the year, but we had huge swells. Again, spectacular views, coral, beautiful sand. We went to other beaches nearby and I liked how the Nikko has more privacy.
Restaurants: great, great food. Had the breakfast buffet every day, which had a lot of options and yummy stuff. A tip on this: preorder a breakfast package and they will give you a discount on it. The Japanese one had some of the best sushi I ever had, and we also did one of those buffet dinners ( the balinese with a show) and did not dissapoint. Totally recommend it. I must say that compared to the restaurants in the rest of Bali, at the Nikko they are pricey. But we did most of our dinners at the Bali Collection, which is a quick and cheap taxi ride from the hotel.
Jungle Camp: HUGE PLUS. My kids kept begging to go there after we sent them there once. Great price, again, great staff. Activities included rock climbing, feeding the camels. flying kites on the beach.
The hotel does little extras too, like a free professional picture, a welcome drink, we had fruit in the room at arrival and one of the nights we got some cookies delivered by the management. Also got a small discount at the store on site (which was great!).
Management: well done. We totally recommend this place. And Staff: we will truly miss you!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Silvieincali

Dear Silvieincali,
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali for your family vacations and taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.
We are delighted to read that you and family had a 10 days good time with us.
With regards to your room booking and bedding, we give the maximum occupancy allowed without extra-bed as an indication in each room. In order to avoid miscommunication and/or disappointment, it is always better and clearer to book directly to the hotel website where all those options are specified.
Food & Beverage prices are constantly checked against various hotels and restaurants in the area and we receive a lot of positive feedback about the quality and prices of our offers. We encourage readers to look for options that are suitable for their tastes and budget as we offer various restaurants with various prices range.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

One of the most prominent features of this hotel is the peaceful atmosphere. The sheer size of the building meant that even with full occupancy and the presence of children the atmosphere is relaxing and quiet. The staff were friendly, polite and incredibly helpful. Occasionally there was the beautiful sound of traditional Balinese music and sometimes it was being played live in the lobby. The room we were in was silent other than the crashing of the beach outside when there was some big surf. The architecture of the buildings is stunning and the gardens are immaculate. We loved the way it connects the beach to the top of the cliff.
For two days out of seven the beach was very rough and closed for swimming. Other days there was a significant current that gradually conveyed the swimmers out of the flags. When the tide was out a large, irregularly shaped platform was exposed and a few Nusa Dua locals were walking around on it, collecting seafood while the children from the resort explored the rockpools. Not the best beach for swimming or surfing but excellent for sunbathing and exploring.
The restaurants in the Grand Nikko were excellent. The best one we tried was BenKay, with a teppan-yaki counter and an extensive Japanese menu. The quality of the food was excellent, it was some of the best Japanese food I've ever had. The Shore was a beach front open air diner with and excellent selection for all tastes. Since I was in Bali I avoided the same old thing as home and ordered local Indonesian and Balinese style cuisine (so I have no idea what the spaghetti and stuff was like). I was impressed with the quality every time and the portions were generous so unfortunately I only had one dessert the whole visit, which was styled like a work of art and was delicious. The prices are slightly better in the hotel than for the same thing in Australia, except for the wine, which is expensive all over Indonesia due to import duty.
The wet season spans April, May and June but we missed that and arrived in the windy season. We enjoyed opening up the doors and letting the breeze blow into the room instead of the icy feeling of the air conditioning, but had to close up at night and when we went out to keep the little grey monkeys out.
The Bali Collection is a shopping mall a very short taxi ride away that provides the same quality as the hotel. There are restaurants and cafes and a few variety stores and boutiques. There is one shop that sells wooden carvings and other beautiful Balinese souvenirs. My hardwood carvings were inspected for borer holes after being declared at Australian Customs and got through without any problems.
Kuta, Seminyak, Legian, and Jimbaran Bay are all easily accessible from Nusa Dua with the first three about a 30-40 minute taxi ride away (about $15-20 AUD). It was great to visit these busy places and then return to peaceful Nusa Dua. If you plan on enjoying the nightlife in these areas however it may be more practical to stay in a hotel there.
I would suggest that you take plenty of spending money because although Bali is famously cheap for many things there are also many quality things (such as the hotel extras) that cost almost the same as back home so you don't have enough in your budget then you will have to miss out.
I can't really suggest any improvements for the Grand Nikko, I was very happy with the whole experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Louise S

Dear Louise S.
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your positive experience with TripAdvisor readers.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and we will send your compliments to our associates.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
With best regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed with business colleagues for business workshop. The view and the activities offered by the hotel are obviously nice. While I enjoyed the lunch and dinner we had during our stay, I could not help thinking why the breakfast was that standard and lousy.

My room was facing the beach and sea which was quite nice but the wind was also very strong. The sound of the strong wind was quite terrifying in the night making me hardly sleep. But it maybe just me...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Hilton Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Mediko A,

Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers about a year after your stay..

I am sorry to read that we did not live up to your expectations at breakfast time.
Usually we receive great feedback about our breakfast service & buffet and its variety, which you can read in the other comments on TripAdvisor that we received between your stay in September 2013 and now.

We hope you taste the difference next time you are staying with us.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked this Hotel based on the reviews found here. We were looking for a family friendly hotel because we have 4 children. And in this case the hotel was accommodating. I could go on and on with the positives of this hotel. I would only caution people who are looking for a lot of "night life". Although the hotel is within easy driving distance of many of these attractions, it is a little inconvenient. The Staff was so friendly, it was like being treated as true guest. I cannot give a single complaint against the staff- simply incredible.

The grounds were immaculate! everywhere you turn you are greeted with an incredible view. Whether it is the stunning coast, or the landscaping or even the way the architecture compliments its environment.

The pool area was great, the kids loved both the "kiddy" pool the sand pool and the big water slide pool we had a great time.

The beach itself is amazing as well. Great views, incredible water. The only down side is that there can be a pretty strong current along this side of Bali so beware of the flags and pay attention. It is no joke. This limited the amount if time we could actually spend in the water. There is also a lot of old coral beds so if you are wanting to surf here or bogey board, you might not find it difficult as there is an offshore brake that is quite nice but you have to manage the currents and that could be tricky. The upside to all of that is that the beach is relatively secluded and you don't have the mass of people you would have at Kuta. So from a family perspective, again Great!

The rooms were well appointed. We chose the beach view club level. The amenities were very nice, the only complaint I have here is the air conditioner. It blew cold air, but it really didn't cool the room, like the way the vent pointed made it inefficient. Due to the short length of our stay I did not mention it to the staff so am not sure what would have been done, but based on the interaction I had with them on everything else, I am confident something would have been done. If we were staying longer I would have had to done something different...

The restaurants were great. Breakfast was really good. We also ate in the Shore side restaurant as well as the sushi restaurant and the delicatessen. The menu's a re a little limited, but the taste and quality of the food is pretty good- not 5 star- but good. Their pastries are really delicious.

I would recommend this Resort to anyone with Kids or looking to be away from the "spring break" type atmosphere of Kuta.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Berry R

Dear Berry R,

Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share lots of information and your experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We are happy to read that you and family enjoyed the exceptional view over the ocean, the grounds, the pool, the beach, the room, the amenities, the breakfast, the food in our various restaurants, and most of all the friendliness of our staff. Your compliments to our associates will be forwarded.

Our resort is only 5-minutes drive away from Bali Collection Shopping Center (and there is an hourly shuttle bus going there).

We look forward to seeing you and family again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My family just spent four days at the Grand Nikko Bali and it just wasn't enough time. The hotel grounds our breathtaking and from the moment you check in you are greated with a friendly smile.
Pools are very kid friendly and big. Things get quite busy but you don't really notice because of the way the hotel as laid out the pools over the property. We loved that the beach was just down from the pool area.
We ate at several of the restaurants but my favorite was the breakfast. My least favorite would have to be the restaurant near the pool. I found the prices to be a little high with very small portions.
My only complaint would have to be the temperature of our room. The room didn't cool off very well and we would wake up hot/warm. Our overall experience was wonderful and I would go back.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Allison R

Dear Allison R,

Thank you for choosing to spend your four days with family in Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We are glad to read that you and family enjoyed our premises, the breakfast and the beautiful of pool & beach.

Food & Beverage, we usually receive excellent comments in terms of value for money. We are also constantly checking prices against various hotels and restaurants in the area. We will nevertheless look at ways to improve.

The Air Conditioning is centrally controlled and is regulated to reach 23 degrees. We are sorry that you and family felt that it was insufficient and will look at ways to address better specific requests such as yours.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.