“Best Villa Experience”

Hilton Bali Resort
Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
“Best Villa Experience”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed in the villa for 2 nights and it was the best out of my whole trip. The environment is quiet and peaceful. There is not really a view from the villa but you can easily reach the beach and the club lounge for a nice view and drink. Service is excellent. Food is decent. Definitely not too crowded eventhough it was busy season which I really like. O...wifi is just awesome...when they told me it is EVERYWHERE I am really not sure....but it does.... It is truly a relaxing place.

Room Tip: the villa is nice...but if you want a view then better stay in the hotel side.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank siurene
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Hilton Bali Resort, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Siurene,

Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We are very happy to read your positive feedback about the peaceful Villa, the club lounge, wi-fi, food & beverage and the superb service of our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

J-Charles L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Bali is a perfect destination to get any kind of holiday you like, from budget to six star. And this is where the Grand Nikko has got the mix just right. It is very notable that you can stay, eat, relax in complete luxury or the family have a great holiday at a very reasonable price. Food and beverage outlets are fabulous and we found the ranged in price was perfect for a couple or family holiday. The evening buffet/themed dinners are great or you can have anything from fine dining, Japanese, Italian, Pizza or you can book a romantic dinner by the pool or on the beach! Families please note the Kids Club 'Jungle Camp' is very professional, leave your children with the staff then disappear to your own private pool or relax at the Club Lounge. Accommodation options again are very varied, we found our rooms to match the 5 Star rating and the view from the rooms, reception and restaurants are spectacular. Lastly I'd like to thank (too many to mention) Management and all the Staff, your service, care and attention to our stay is first class.

Room Tip: Choose a room, suite or Villa to suit your holiday and or budget, they all look good!
3 Thank hillarysresort
Dear Hillarysresort,

Thank you for choosing and staying at Grand Nikko Bali as well as taking your value time to share your positive experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We are very delighted to read that you and family enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and we will send your compliments to our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you and family back in a very near future to experience again the true service that Grand Nikko Bali is famous for.

Northam, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

well to start I wasn't sure of what i was in for
all I can say is 4 thumbs up 8times over I can not fault anything I felt like a v I p please keep up the good work I am 83 years old my name joan marlee

Room Tip: if you want quiet choose higher floors less a/c noise
1 Thank Joan M
Dear Joan M,
We are very happy to read your positive comments and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed in Family Suite room for 4 nights.
Very beautiful build hotel. The pools are the biggest in the hotel I've ever stayed :)
the beach was very clean.
My kids were very happy staying here.
Everything just perfect for family vacation except breakfast.
Breakfast was so standard for this class of hotel, I found better choice of breakfast in lower class of hotel

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jack K
Dear Jack K,
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.
We are very happy to read that you had a good time here and enjoyed the room, the view and overall the resort.
We have taken good note of your constructive comments related with breakfast and constantly work on improving our offer.
We look forward to welcoming you and family again.
California
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just came back from 10 days at this beautiful property, what a treat! The hotel grounds are beautiful and the views of the ocean are more than amazing. We had a great time and cannot thank enough to the staff of this place for the wonderful memories we are taking back with us. We truly felt like everyone was trying to make us feel great - it's definitely a 5 star service.
Here's my review:
Room: we had a deluxe ocean view, and yes, its a deluxe view. The room is nice, nothing extravagant but decent size. We had a king size bed which is a massive 'hollywood king' size bed. Not sure how we booked this ( did it though expedia), but that's all the room had for 4 people. Kinda weird, but we made it work, and me and my husband slept great with my two kids in that massive bed. We were at the Cliff tower.
Pool-beach: great pools for the kids, and as some reviewers said, it has some loose tiles, but nothing major and the staff was working on getting it fixed- and didn't bug us one bit. My kids loved the 2 slides ( and I did too). The beach is fantastic, but the ocean is a little rough. In the evenings it was very nice to swim and snorkel there but during the day it was dangerous. Not sure if it was the time of the year, but we had huge swells. Again, spectacular views, coral, beautiful sand. We went to other beaches nearby and I liked how the Nikko has more privacy.
Restaurants: great, great food. Had the breakfast buffet every day, which had a lot of options and yummy stuff. A tip on this: preorder a breakfast package and they will give you a discount on it. The Japanese one had some of the best sushi I ever had, and we also did one of those buffet dinners ( the balinese with a show) and did not dissapoint. Totally recommend it. I must say that compared to the restaurants in the rest of Bali, at the Nikko they are pricey. But we did most of our dinners at the Bali Collection, which is a quick and cheap taxi ride from the hotel.
Jungle Camp: HUGE PLUS. My kids kept begging to go there after we sent them there once. Great price, again, great staff. Activities included rock climbing, feeding the camels. flying kites on the beach.
The hotel does little extras too, like a free professional picture, a welcome drink, we had fruit in the room at arrival and one of the nights we got some cookies delivered by the management. Also got a small discount at the store on site (which was great!).
Management: well done. We totally recommend this place. And Staff: we will truly miss you!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Silvieincali
Dear Silvieincali,
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali for your family vacations and taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.
We are delighted to read that you and family had a 10 days good time with us.
With regards to your room booking and bedding, we give the maximum occupancy allowed without extra-bed as an indication in each room. In order to avoid miscommunication and/or disappointment, it is always better and clearer to book directly to the hotel website where all those options are specified.
Food & Beverage prices are constantly checked against various hotels and restaurants in the area and we receive a lot of positive feedback about the quality and prices of our offers. We encourage readers to look for options that are suitable for their tastes and budget as we offer various restaurants with various prices range.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

One of the most prominent features of this hotel is the peaceful atmosphere. The sheer size of the building meant that even with full occupancy and the presence of children the atmosphere is relaxing and quiet. The staff were friendly, polite and incredibly helpful. Occasionally there was the beautiful sound of traditional Balinese music and sometimes it was being played live in the lobby. The room we were in was silent other than the crashing of the beach outside when there was some big surf. The architecture of the buildings is stunning and the gardens are immaculate. We loved the way it connects the beach to the top of the cliff.
For two days out of seven the beach was very rough and closed for swimming. Other days there was a significant current that gradually conveyed the swimmers out of the flags. When the tide was out a large, irregularly shaped platform was exposed and a few Nusa Dua locals were walking around on it, collecting seafood while the children from the resort explored the rockpools. Not the best beach for swimming or surfing but excellent for sunbathing and exploring.
The restaurants in the Grand Nikko were excellent. The best one we tried was BenKay, with a teppan-yaki counter and an extensive Japanese menu. The quality of the food was excellent, it was some of the best Japanese food I've ever had. The Shore was a beach front open air diner with and excellent selection for all tastes. Since I was in Bali I avoided the same old thing as home and ordered local Indonesian and Balinese style cuisine (so I have no idea what the spaghetti and stuff was like). I was impressed with the quality every time and the portions were generous so unfortunately I only had one dessert the whole visit, which was styled like a work of art and was delicious. The prices are slightly better in the hotel than for the same thing in Australia, except for the wine, which is expensive all over Indonesia due to import duty.
The wet season spans April, May and June but we missed that and arrived in the windy season. We enjoyed opening up the doors and letting the breeze blow into the room instead of the icy feeling of the air conditioning, but had to close up at night and when we went out to keep the little grey monkeys out.
The Bali Collection is a shopping mall a very short taxi ride away that provides the same quality as the hotel. There are restaurants and cafes and a few variety stores and boutiques. There is one shop that sells wooden carvings and other beautiful Balinese souvenirs. My hardwood carvings were inspected for borer holes after being declared at Australian Customs and got through without any problems.
Kuta, Seminyak, Legian, and Jimbaran Bay are all easily accessible from Nusa Dua with the first three about a 30-40 minute taxi ride away (about $15-20 AUD). It was great to visit these busy places and then return to peaceful Nusa Dua. If you plan on enjoying the nightlife in these areas however it may be more practical to stay in a hotel there.
I would suggest that you take plenty of spending money because although Bali is famously cheap for many things there are also many quality things (such as the hotel extras) that cost almost the same as back home so you don't have enough in your budget then you will have to miss out.
I can't really suggest any improvements for the Grand Nikko, I was very happy with the whole experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Louise S
Dear Louise S.
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your positive experience with TripAdvisor readers.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and we will send your compliments to our associates.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed with business colleagues for business workshop. The view and the activities offered by the hotel are obviously nice. While I enjoyed the lunch and dinner we had during our stay, I could not help thinking why the breakfast was that standard and lousy.

My room was facing the beach and sea which was quite nice but the wind was also very strong. The sound of the strong wind was quite terrifying in the night making me hardly sleep. But it maybe just me...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Hilton Bali Resort, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Mediko A,

Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers about a year after your stay..

I am sorry to read that we did not live up to your expectations at breakfast time.
Usually we receive great feedback about our breakfast service & buffet and its variety, which you can read in the other comments on TripAdvisor that we received between your stay in September 2013 and now.

We hope you taste the difference next time you are staying with us.