If you are willing to live a truly Balinese style - do not hesitate going to Nusa Dua Beach Hotel and Spa. Of all the hotels that lie on the same laguna strip adjacent to Nusa Dua Beach Hotel, - Westin, Melia Bali, Laguna - this is the one retaining pure traditions of Bali, best beach (the biggest of all the hotels and the only one with most sun, unlike the closest hotels) and huge territory. In 2 weeks we didnt manage to learn all the amenities in this wonderful hotel with exceptionally friendly and helpfull staff, gorgeous green gardens and pools, lots of architecture (unlike most others in Nusa Dua area). Neglect the reviews stating poor conditions of the hotel - like the hotel is outdated, old, etc. - the hotel was really restored over 10 years ago, but there's hardly anything outdated as much as to give it a negative opinion. The staff - from beach cleaners to hotel managers is smiling and welcoming you 24-7, whatever you need or ask for is done for you fast and with most sincere smile (special thanks and hello to manager Madi for prompt help and great attitude). Tips in hotel are not accepted, with very few exceptions. Compared to the hotel website the hotel itself is dozens times more impressive than it looks on pictures and video. Abundance of vegetation, squirrels, water, flowers, places for snacks and meals (though quite expensive compared to other hotels and especially restaurants in Bali Collection center). Good facilities at fitness center, great tennis court for very reasonable money - and the one which is dry even right after the rain.
Breakfast: plenty of food, the only disadvantage is the menu which is 90% the same day after day. But this seems to be true with all hotels in Nusa Dua. Also not many vegetables for breakfast. But bakery is fantastic!))) Also would like to mention two more disadvantages - that is the ocean and the Russians. The former - you can feel very well the low and high tides, the low tide means - you can't swim. It is not firbidden, but there's simply no water to swim in. This happens either in the first or the second half of the day. The second minus - this is a hotel, even the resort consisting of 90% of Russians - which sometimes gets very tiring.
If you are looking for a hotel with plenty of activities - then you might want to try sth different, since Nusa Dua Beach - like the entire Bali island - is a place to relax, not to make extra movements, not to watch time and to be extremely active - of all the activities on the activity list in the pool area none was taking place. Especially those used to hotels in Turkey and alike will feel the difference in activities. So what we did - was entertain ourselves and also tried to find team to do activities with - thanks to lots of Australians in the hotel it becomes fun, coz mostly people are not bothering themselves with activities other than sunbathing or eating.
If you come here on a rainy season (December, January) be ready to experience lots of rain, but it will not bother you - especially in Nusa Dua Beach - since there's too much to admire, you breath is taken away by the beauty of the hotel and the island - and you simply do not notice there's extra water coming from above.
Another great thing is the anti-mosquito activity taking place around 5 pm, which leads to having 0 mosquitos throughout your stay in the hotel (heard some of friends' experience in other hotels, where mosquito attacks were a routine).
Many thanks to the hotel management and everyone doing his or her best out of the hotel staff to welcome the visitors and make the stay and Nusa Dua Beach a fantastic experience! It is truly worth visiting and staying at if you are not way too picky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa is located on Bali’s southern peninsula, just 15 minutes from Ngurah Rai International Airport via the Bali Mandara toll road. The hotel has welcomed kings and queens, presidents and other dignitaries over the years. Each guestroom is decorated with authentic Balinese furnishing and offers stunning views of manicured tropical gardens or vistas of the ocean from the terrace or balcony. The 5-star Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa, Bali features 3 outdoor pools and direct beach access. The resort resembles a Balinese palace with complete Spa facilities, 5 Restaurants and 4 Bars, meeting rooms and an outdoor theatre. Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splitty, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel And Spa
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Beach Resort
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa Bali