“Paradise oasis”

Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 17 January 2009

If you are willing to live a truly Balinese style - do not hesitate going to Nusa Dua Beach Hotel and Spa. Of all the hotels that lie on the same laguna strip adjacent to Nusa Dua Beach Hotel, - Westin, Melia Bali, Laguna - this is the one retaining pure traditions of Bali, best beach (the biggest of all the hotels and the only one with most sun, unlike the closest hotels) and huge territory. In 2 weeks we didnt manage to learn all the amenities in this wonderful hotel with exceptionally friendly and helpfull staff, gorgeous green gardens and pools, lots of architecture (unlike most others in Nusa Dua area). Neglect the reviews stating poor conditions of the hotel - like the hotel is outdated, old, etc. - the hotel was really restored over 10 years ago, but there's hardly anything outdated as much as to give it a negative opinion. The staff - from beach cleaners to hotel managers is smiling and welcoming you 24-7, whatever you need or ask for is done for you fast and with most sincere smile (special thanks and hello to manager Madi for prompt help and great attitude). Tips in hotel are not accepted, with very few exceptions. Compared to the hotel website the hotel itself is dozens times more impressive than it looks on pictures and video. Abundance of vegetation, squirrels, water, flowers, places for snacks and meals (though quite expensive compared to other hotels and especially restaurants in Bali Collection center). Good facilities at fitness center, great tennis court for very reasonable money - and the one which is dry even right after the rain.
Breakfast: plenty of food, the only disadvantage is the menu which is 90% the same day after day. But this seems to be true with all hotels in Nusa Dua. Also not many vegetables for breakfast. But bakery is fantastic!))) Also would like to mention two more disadvantages - that is the ocean and the Russians. The former - you can feel very well the low and high tides, the low tide means - you can't swim. It is not firbidden, but there's simply no water to swim in. This happens either in the first or the second half of the day. The second minus - this is a hotel, even the resort consisting of 90% of Russians - which sometimes gets very tiring.
If you are looking for a hotel with plenty of activities - then you might want to try sth different, since Nusa Dua Beach - like the entire Bali island - is a place to relax, not to make extra movements, not to watch time and to be extremely active - of all the activities on the activity list in the pool area none was taking place. Especially those used to hotels in Turkey and alike will feel the difference in activities. So what we did - was entertain ourselves and also tried to find team to do activities with - thanks to lots of Australians in the hotel it becomes fun, coz mostly people are not bothering themselves with activities other than sunbathing or eating.
If you come here on a rainy season (December, January) be ready to experience lots of rain, but it will not bother you - especially in Nusa Dua Beach - since there's too much to admire, you breath is taken away by the beauty of the hotel and the island - and you simply do not notice there's extra water coming from above.
Another great thing is the anti-mosquito activity taking place around 5 pm, which leads to having 0 mosquitos throughout your stay in the hotel (heard some of friends' experience in other hotels, where mosquito attacks were a routine).

Many thanks to the hotel management and everyone doing his or her best out of the hotel staff to welcome the visitors and make the stay and Nusa Dua Beach a fantastic experience! It is truly worth visiting and staying at if you are not way too picky.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank DolceF_Niente

Reviewed 6 January 2009

I and my husband stayed in the hotel for 5 nights starting Dec 18. The hotel is beautifully located with a lovely beach and nice lawns. We stayed in the Palace Club room on the ground floor . On seeing our room, we first requested a room near the pools but the one available did not have a very great view so we settled for our earlier room and I think that was a good decision. You should try to take a ground floor room as the doors open to the lawns and the duck pond. You can gaze far and have a lot of place to walk around while you sip on ur drinks. The Palce club offers a great breakfast overlooking the ponds and a great variety of drinks and cocktails during the cocktail hours. I believe that its ideal to take the palace club rooms for the privileges they offer.
The hotel also has a beautiful spa with Jaccuzzi , Steam Sauna and a spa pool which we really loved... just that u can't have beer there. We loved lounging by the beach and the pools while having loads of drinks. I highly recommend the Hotel for those looking for calm, relaxation and a refreshing holiday. You can take long walks along the beach which extends into neighbouring properties where you can go for dinner too. We quite liked the restauarant on the beach at a neighbouring property, I guess laguna resorts. All in all an awesome holiday. And yes, the best part of the holiday beyond the property is the staff. They are excellent and willing to help and they are a wonderful lot. Kudos to them for a great service and making our stay so memorable

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelbuff-Ind
Reviewed 4 January 2009

After a lot of careful research I picked this hotel as the location for our wedding because it was one of the few places I could find where we could get married and see the sea, which was my dream. From the moment I contacted the hotel and booked our wedding and honeymoon ( all done via email) the staff could not have been more helpful , friendly, prompt and professional. Reni and Dwi on the wedding team answered every question I had and believe me I had alot.
We arrived at the start of Sept and alot of our family and friends were also flying in from around the world and staying at the same resort as us so it was really important to us that we were made to feel special and we were.
As it was our wedding we pushed the boat out and booked a palace club suite which had all the benefits of being a palace club member which were worth the extra cost. I am sure our room was 2133 ( next to the Royal Residence...more of that later) and we had a fantastic view of the sea and the hotel. The other rooms which the rest of our party booked were lovely as well and no one had any complaints.
We booked the Royal wedding package and all I can say it was amazing in every way from the 3.5 hour spa treatment in our our spa villa, to the night in the Royal Residence ( where we carried on our wedding reception till 3.30am )which really did make us all feel like we were a Royal family. (It had at least 20 rooms and its own private pool.)
Weddings are meant to be special and the best day of your life but all I can say is that if anyone is thinking of getting married here do not hesitate. The hotel, staff and venue was all 5 star and believe me I have really high standards
I could not have asked for more and I hope the photos I am including give you a flavor of the wonderful wedding day and honeymoon we enjoyed at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank MDGodwin
Reviewed 23 December 2008

The staff was gr8...As we had booked as a honeymoon couple, they made the room so beautifully that it was awesome... They decorated the bed, the bathroom etc.... It was lovely.. The management was very polite....gr8 beach...swimming pool etc....Kudos to the management of the hotel.....
and it is a must hotel for honeymooners....

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mihirg
Reviewed 28 November 2008

I've just joined this site and had to review this hotel, it was August 05 when we stayed there but everything was outstanding, I truly hope it has stayed that way. The hotel itself is beautiful and has some facinating features, it appears almost like a sacred ground in places, the ancient stone features are amazing and the hotel has a grand feeling to it. We have travelled alot and I think this has to be one of the best hotels we have and will ever stay in hence me really wanting to review it.
Our room was very nice and was wooden and marble throughout and we had the most beautiful view of the garden from our room, pink and lilac flowers everywhere, the hotel is very well kept.
It has some fantastic restaurants on site and during our stay we had a fantastic 7 course meal in the private area at the centre of the pool - I can't remember what it is called in Indonesian now but it was amazing. The setting was gorgeous, candle lit and full silver service with our own waiter etc, they even sent over a trio of musicians which was awesome! I'm pretty sure the gourmet restaurant there is Raja's, superb food and service!
Only one thing that we found was at the time as Australians the food by the pool is quite expensive, we paid about $55AUD for burgers by the pool one day my husband nearly died!!! : )
The staff here are so friendly, the Balinese are really beautiful people by nature and this hotel is such a great asset to Nusa Dua, I would love to stay there again some day and hope that we get the opportunity! : )

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled as a couple
2  Thank crazy_rachie
Reviewed 24 November 2008

From the moment I arrived the staff were some of the friendliest I had ever met. The service was excellent. Stayed at the palace club room which gives you all the extra free-bees, and its worth the extra money. The gardens of the hotel are salubrious to say the least. beautiful balinese decor is awe inspiring.

Make sure you don't waste your money on hotel taxi's, just walk out of the gate and you will find taxies for half the price. also change your money any place other than the hotel, the rates are way lower than what you will get out side. If you pay the bill in cash (who does) change currency out side as the US$ published on the hotel site is converted to Rupiah for the bill.

Do not come here alone, as I did! I was here for a convention for a week and felt miserable without my special someone, in such a romantic place.

The hotel needs to be upgraded technologically, The Tv's were old and the in room wifi meant purchasing a pre paid wifi card from the gift shop.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank RyanColombo
Reviewed 23 November 2008

We have just returned from our fourth stay at this fantastic resort.
We always stay at the Palace Club and each time our greeting upon arrival almost reduces me to tears the same beautiful staff (and some new ones) are there to welcome us with open arms.

The whole resort is beautifully maintained the food is sensational ,the Spa treatment are incredible so if your looking for a wonderful stay in Bali I can "HIGHLY" recommend NUSA DUA BEACH & SPA RESORT the only negative is having to leave BUT we will be back. Thankyou to all the staff who work at Nusa Dua Beach & Spa...you are all wonderful!!!!!!!!!

Mark & Kerri Matulich Queensland,Australia