“Excellent again!!!”

Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Excellent again!!!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed at The Ayodya for 10 nights at the end of September 2013. This was our second visit because our first visit there was fantastic. We were not disappointed. Our room was excellent, well maintained and quiet. We were kept well stocked with complimentary water and there were good coffee/tea making facilities. The staff were very attentive, helpful and friendly. The beach is pristine and we took some long leisurely walks along it all the way to Tanjung Benoa and back. The pools are lovely with an abundance of loungers and free towels.
There was an excellent selection of meals at breakfast catering for a wide variety of culinary and international tastes. The hotel is ideally placed for visits to local restaurants and the Bali Collection Shopping Centre.
Our stay coincided with the APEC summit so naturally there was heightened security in the whole of Nusa Dua. We did not find this intrusive and in fact as most of the rooms were occupied for the last five days of our visit with delegates, we had the pool(s) more or less to ourselves. September/October is a great time to go with daily temperatures around 32C. We had 2 minutes of rain for the whole period of our stay!!!
We have no hesitation in recommending the Resort to anyone.We are currently looking already for booking our vacation there next year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LisaAnneYork
ayodyaresortbali, General Manager at Ayodya Resort Bali, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear LisaAnneYork ,

Warmest Greetings from Ayodya Resort Bali..

Thank you for spending your time to give us a kind feedback on your recent stay.
We are very delighted to have you as one of our repeated guest who once again enjoyed your stay with us.
We really appreciate for the wonderful feedback on our service, facilities and helpful and friendly staff and for recommending our resort to our future guest. Certainly I have shared your testimonial to our staffs and they were please to hear that you enjoyed your holiday.

Once again, thank you for staying at Ayodya Resort Bali... We look forward to welcoming you back again on your vacation next year.

Yours Sincerely,
Peter Scholz
Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotels is gigantic, first impression is that I would meet thousands of tourist everywhere. However, we had a nice surprise, we hardly could see other people, had an excellent service and all facilities are very clean and well maintained. The Kids area is really good with a excellent outside playground. I would recommend this hotel to any friend,
Please be careful with the room rates.
We thought we had a very good price, but the last 3 nights of our stayed we were charged double. ( My mistake I did not check room rate day by day.) But would not stay there if I would know that the room cost went up to US 300. Breakfast has not fresh juices, otherwise is good.

Room Tip: Ask a room near the SPA or pool area. As I mention before the hotel is gigantic...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Andrea,

Warmest Greetings from Ayodya Resort Bali..

Thank you for the precious feedback you shared with us..
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time staying with your family in our resort.
On the rates and the fresh juice of the breakfast time, we apologize if our service didn’t meet your expectation. However, we do highly appreciate your feedback so we can to improve our service quality and service to our future guests.

Once again, we thank you for spending your holiday with us as well as recommend our property to friends....

We look forward to welcoming you for staying in our resort in the future..

Yours Sincerely,
Peter Scholz
Resort Manager
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Ayoyda represents a very cultural architectural design. the waterfall and the lake inside the hotel at a very large space, charms you in every new morning. in addition to the friendly staff i have met, spent time, and even played with. it was great. totally recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ManalSaad
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed four days on this hotel. A taxi driver suggested it to me while I was in kuta.
The beach is really good: large and clean, soft sand, calm sea, turquoise and clear water; last but not least the sand is pink as the isola of Budelli in Sardinia. The room was large, clean, with a complete bathroom and a nice balcony, most of them have a view on the laguna and on the sea.
The hotel is not new, but the spaces and the buildings are well maintained and we didn't see ruined areas.
The wi-fi was not free, which was not nice, since all restaurants, in Nusa Dua area, had free wi-fi.
Breakfast was in line with the standard of the hotel and price, I mean very good.
The pizza of the beach restaurant was very good as well, but expensive.
We did a couples treatment in the hotel's spa, which was very good and I really appreciated to play tennis in Hotel's tennis courts, courts with a roof. Last but not least is close the Golf court.
Recommended.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view on the laguna, better higher floors
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I attended the APEC conference this year and chose this hotel because the conference was held there. Check in was fine. The walk to the room was very far, but that's because the hotel is huge, biggest resort hotel I have ever set foot into. It means lots of restaurants and pools and beach access and bars, but for me if I was on vacation I would go for something a little more personal.

The room was fine, nice outlook over pool, aircon worked really well which is helpful when you are on business and dressed in suits half the time ! Pretty quiet, not much surrounding noise, bed comfortable. Paid internet but not over the top and was pretty fast at all times.

Bathroom and amenities all very good. Stayed in a room described as Grande. For the money I felt it was OK, but nothing special. And the area is so much nicer than Kuta unless you like drinking, loud musics, partying and motor bikes on every inch of the road . Nus Dua is a haven and I guess you pay for that.

I felt the breakfast was not too exciting. I always judge beach resorts on the quality of their fruit and juices because usually they are in complete abundance and good quality. I didn't think it was too great at this hotel. Being vegetarian I cant comment too much on the other offerings. But nice surroundings both in and outdoors.

But the lunch buffet each day was very nice and the flavours very Indonesian. The one dinner I had in hotel at beach bar was also very good.

Room Tip: If you like to be close to beach area, specifiy that because the walk can be very far and you will q...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark R
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have recently stayed at the Ayodya Hotel and I loved it. Although my wife and I stayed there for 6 nights, we couldn't get enough of it. Here are some of the points I like to share about the Hotel.

It’s a 30 to 45 minute car drive from the Airport with traffic. When arriving to the hotel, I noticed that you need to go through two checkpoints before you reach the hotel. Walking into the lobby was rejuvenating; the whole hotel is decorated with idle (which I find is great). The customer service and guest relations were extremely helpful and friendly.
The rooms were in the right size, clean and comfortable as well as for the balcony which was great. Now this resort has 5 restaurants. The best one was “The Lagoona”, it right next to the beach for having either breakfast; lunch or dinner is just fantastic. The resort has its own Open Air Theatre where they do some Balinese dances including dinner performances two times a week. The hotel offers romantic dinners which has 5 different menus to choose from. The Spa is great, just wished they told me how much the tax was before the message.

The only issue that I had was the fact that you need to pay for the internet, and to be honest, charging me for internet is like charging me for the TV in my room on a separate bill. The Wi-Fi in the lobby should not be chargeable as for $15 for an hour! That’s just crazy

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wajd G
sydney
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

After few days stayed around Kuta, Bali. We moved to this hotel at Nusa Dua. It's very peaceful and quite environment. You can really feel the nature and old Bali traditional culture environment here. The hotel is very very big, you can spent time the whole day walking around the hotel, swimming and enjoying the private quite beach here. Also there is a free bus that can take you to local shopping mall. The negative of this hotel, they don't have free wifi, you need to pay for Internet access.

• Stayed September 2013