I spent 10 days in Bali, and I split the time between this hotel and the Bali Hyatt in Sanur. Despite being half as expensive as this hotel, I enjoyed my stay at the Bali Hyatt infinitely more. This hotel is basically in a giant sequestered compound for foreigners who are afraid to interact with locals or anyone who can't afford a 5-star resort. It is difficult to drive anywhere in central or northern Bali from here, as you have to pass through the terrible traffic in Denpasar. There is not much in walking distance from here except for a paved outdoor shopping mall.
The hotel itself is a huge resort that caters to package tour groups. The architecture and landscaping are nice enough, but it feels a little overbuilt. No complaints on room quality, food, or service - this is definitely a hotel that knows how to cater to foreign standards. The Japanese restaurant on-site is actually very good. The beach itself is decent, but definitely not the best Bali has to offer, and there aren't many activities except for the very expensive ones organized through the hotel's package tours. That said, the concierge was extremely helpful when we made it clear what we were looking for, and helped us book some activities through outside providers (we took some surfing lessons, and scuba diving lessons).
Overall, if you come to Bali and stay in a resort like this I think you're missing the whole point. One of the main draws of Bali is its beautiful thriving culture, so I don't see why you would want to sequester yourself from that in an island of tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the lush tropical gardens of the 41-acre beachfront property, the Kriya Spa will, in essence, be a wellness sanctuary, offering the discerning traveler an authentic Balinese healing experience with 24 luxurious spa villas for treatments and for full day spa programs. Reflecting its name Kriya – meaning ‘ritual’ in Sanskrit – this unique Spa will celebrate authentic Balinese healing forms with treatments based on ‘wellness rituals’ to promote positive health and anti-aging through the use of natural herbs, roots and essences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Agoda, Travelbag, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- Grand Hyatt Nusa Dua
- Hyatt Nusa Dua
- Bali Grand Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Hotel Bali
- Nusa Dua Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Bali Nusa Dua