“Old hotel”
Review of Grand Hyatt Bali

Grand Hyatt Bali
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have chosen this hotel to spend our anniversary in it but we faced many problems there and we didn't spend a pleasant stay there,
First: when we checked in they gave us I think the farest room in the resort to everything because we booked online and they asked us for 75$ per night to upgrade to a club room.
Second: the hotel is a quiet old hotel I think it was built before the 2000s, the room design and bathroom and old designed although the path between the rooms is very poor.
Third: the room telephone is blocked to order any junk food from outside the hotel and I never heard that in a 5 stars hotel and when I complained they told me to order from room service or call from your mobile phone.
Fourth: I was having a private driver with me and I always call him from the room telephone, when I checked out I was shocked by the rate of the local call it's around 66000 rp per min don't ever try to call anyone.

I think you'd better try a different hotel in nusa dua as they are all great

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt Bali

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed with my boyfriend and we loved their swimming pools. They have main pool with water slide, grand club pool and balinese pool. The atmosphere was very relaxing and we spent most of the time at the pool. Overall experience was good but guess it's time to do some renovation of their hotel rooms. It's a bit old indeed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paddyinhk
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and we were amazed at the level of service we received. The grounds are amazing and immaculate..the Grand Club sea view room was breathtaking..and the international buffet was yummy. The only downside was that the wifi was not free which is embarrassing for this hotel and made them look VVV greedy.. we strolled across to the Bali Collection which was a great place for lunch and they have a supermarket as well. I would definately go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Any Sea view room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Just had a great dinner with new menu at Scala. Quality was first class, menu varied and drank a bottle of balinese produced red wine. Fantastic staff are knowledgeable and courteous. I have stayed here many times and the Hyatt never stops amazing us

Room Tip: try the seabreeze bar for a cocktail before dinner to watch the evening approach
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Away from the bustle of Kuta and Jimbaran, nestled in Nusa Dua is the picturesque and beautiful Grand Hyatt, Bali. Awesome views, spacious rooms, many fine dining options , limpid pools and a private beach makes this hotel a perfect getaway. Right outside the main entrance is a large arcade with several shops and restaurants if you want to try something different but don't want to travel far. There are also taxis available there to get around Bali but do remember to negotiate your price before setting out.Highly recommend walking down the coastline from the hotel to the Club Med property next door..Very scenic especially during sunset.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room..
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shyamala_13
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was a business trip at Bali, and I had put up at the Grand Hyatt. Set on the typical countryside of Bali, the hotel is rather old property, on the beach-side. The rooms were good. The restaurant was good, though I found it expensive. The private beach was clean, we played volley ball in the evenings. There are open massage parlours on the beach.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed here once 5 years ago with two little kids. And we came back with 3 kids this week.
Come on, Grand Hyatt! I know you can do better. Or at least, you once did.
I see a lot of cost cutting results throughout the hotel property.
I won't go on and list each every one of them - I am sure the management team is fully aware what I am talking about.

Very unfortunately, this hotel is turning into a lower middle class mass hospitality accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2013