“Family-friendly as always”
Review of Grand Hyatt Bali

Grand Hyatt Bali
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We just came back from a very relaxing 5day stay at this hotel. Grand Hyatt Bali Nusa Dua holds a lot of beautiful memories for my family. First time I came here was in 1989 - the hotel was still brand-new, with my then-fiancee. From then on, we would come here regularly with our baby son, and then another baby... This was our young family's favorite hotel for the most part of the '90's. We liked their sprawling gardens (designed no less by the famous Made Wijaya), the many swimming pools, the lovely beach and the huge room perfect for a family of four. Through the years, we have stayed in diff hotels in Bali, in diff areas, as our children were growing up. Now that our children have grown up and are taller than both my hubby and I, and we are 2 years away from being empty-nesters, it is nice to go back to a familiar place which holds a lot of precious memories for my family. Sure, the hotel is getting old as is the natural nature of everything, the buffet breakfast could be improved, the shower drain gets clogged always, but the great service we've come to expect from the Grand Hyatt brand is still there as always. This is the only hotel in Nusa Dua that holds our family of 4 comfortably with no extra charges, with no pull-out bed necessary. I love their spacious rooms, the big bathroom and the many lovely times we have spent here for the past 25 years will always be precious to me.

Room Tip: This is a hotel with a huge, sprawling garden and the rooms all spread out across several hectares o...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Culturekiosque
GrandHyattBali, Director of Rooms at Grand Hyatt Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Culturekiosque,

I am thrilled and humbled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us as there is no greater reward than receiving sincere feedback from our loyal and valued guest like you.

Thank you for your gracious recognition of the great service and for allowing us to be your most preferred address in Bali for over twenty years. It is wonderful to know that you appreciate our commitment to sustained excellence. Your constructive feedback pertaining to various aspects of our operations is duly noted and I appreciate your suggestions for improvements.

On behalf of the team, I sincerely thank you for your continued loyalty to Hyatt and the Grand Hyatt Bali in particular and look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (3,859)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

All in all a good hotel for a conference, but I think if anyone was to pay the rack rate here they would be thinking that it wasn't the best value. Great rooms, with nice day beds etc but the wifi in the rooms and throughout the resort was patchy at best. Breakfast for us was in the Water cafe which was good enough, and the food throughout the conference was pretty good.

Like with most resorts in Nusa Dua, not much to do just outside of the resorts, but that's why people stay at resorts isn't it?

Room Tip: Go for a sea view room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cam_sydney4
GrandHyattBali, Director of Rooms at Grand Hyatt Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear cam_sydney4,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. While I am sorry that your overall wi-fi experience was not up to your expectation, we are delighted to hear your overall experience at our resort was positive.

I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Grand Hyatt Bali.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

it's a great place if you would only to stay at hotel, play at beach, etc.
There's a shopping arcade in front.
This hotel is child friendly.
The room is large but some rooms very far from lobby.
For granny you can borrow wheelchair during stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear nesyav,

I was glad to read of your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Bali and especially pleased to know that we exceeded your service expectation.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to serve you. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and family back again and hope we will have the opportunity of creating more memories.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I just finished a 7-day stay. We utilized nearly every service the hotel had to offer. The grounds are immaculate. The staff is very friendly and incredibly professional (a special recognition to Urip and Sri at the Grand Hyatt Club Lounge...their service was top notch). The beach is beautiful. The room had a great view of the ocean. The service at the Kriya Spa was outstanding. I know this review seems a bit hyperbolic, but we were simply blown away by this Hyatt property.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike D

Dear Mike D,

Namaste from the Grand Hyatt Bali! I am elated that you have enjoyed your stay with us and have carried back pleasant memories of our resort and the services on offer. Receiving positive feedback from valued guests as you is always extremely gratifying and we all are immensely grateful for your generous endorsement of the efforts put in to ensure the well being of our guests. Thank you again for recognizing Ms. Sri and Mr. Urip; they truly embrace the Hyatt spirit by delivering intuitive and sincere hospitality.

Please be assured that I have shared your compliments with our associates so their efforts do not go unnoticed.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed in a Grand Club Room for 3 nights after not having been at this property for more than 15 years and the senior staff at the Grand Club said "Welcome Back", having recognised us from our previous stay...he (and several other staff) have been at the hotel for 20 years, and I must say his memory for faces blew us away! If you want to be pampered, stay at the Grand Club section, a quiet separate area to socialise, be on your own, or just watch the birds, koi and ducks in the pond over which it is built. While the exteriors and service were excellent, the rooms should have been re-done with more forethought: a few issues with the "design for females" with no electric plugs near mirrors for using her own hair dryer, dark orange-colored lights over the bathroom vanity, a magnifying mirror which doesn't have enough light available to see anyway, sliding doors to the closets which are heavy and make loud "bangs" when opening and closing (not nice for a quiet ambience from other rooms, or late at night) and the "really cold room" challenge to get the temperature consistent and liveable. In her words, "they need to have a woman design some of these rooms"! But, the intent should really be to not spend much time in the room...there are many great things to do at the resort, and outside within easy walking distance, and this area is out of the craziness of Kuta / Seminyak, so more quiet and peaceful. We will be going back in a few months, and plan to stay here again...the people and their professional service more than compensate for the room challenges.

Room Tip: If you want pampering, stay in a Grand Club room - great separate bathrooms, Grand Club amenities mo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leaddog83
GrandHyattBali, Director of Rooms at Grand Hyatt Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Leaddog83,

Greetings from the Grand Hyatt Bali. Thank you for the detailed review and acknowledgement of your memorable stay. Your thoughtful recognition of Grand Club team is much appreciated. It is always rewarding to hear that our associates have positively impacted your experience with us. Our Grand Club team is renowned for pampering loyal guests and Hyatt colleagues visiting as guests from all over the world over 23 years. Their loyalty and commitment to the Grand Hyatt Bali is commendable and one of a kind.

I am also very grateful for your candid feedback pertaining to the layout and facility of guestroom in the Club section and for highlighting the 'design for females'. It certainly gives us an opportunity to revisit these areas and implement necessary changes and improvements. At Hyatt we believe that hospitality should not be one-size-fits-all. We welcome hearing what we are doing right, but more importantly, what we can be doing better. Our companywide 'Women's experience' program in place is aligned with creating a positive travel experience for female travelers by providing balanced and healthy menu and female friendly amenities and accommodation. I value your input from a guestroom design perspective.

Thank You again for your ongoing loyalty to our operations in Bali. I look forward to the pleasure of meeting you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is heaven on earth. The staff is helpful and friendly, very accommodating. The activities in the hotel like the water aerobics, yoga makes it entertaining and a huge sprawling breakfast with freshly baked croissants,pain au chocolat with freshly brewed tea and coffee. The pool bar is awesome and they give you nuts at the bar with ,I've music. I had seafood and pizza both were good but expensive.room service was great too, this lady from staff came and helped me pack my suitcase as I was unwell. I changed my rooms a few times for various reasons and they were understanding ,i was in the club room at first which is the best with the luxurious bath space, but that breakfast has limited choices. The welcome drink is excellent, didn't mind paying for it and drinking more later.with regard to rooms I was on every wing almost, esp. Since I came back from Java and continued staying here. But when I had a few complaints like I wanted to be changed to an ocean view room the hotel manager himself saw to it and the spa services were great, I felt totally pampered! The hotel laundry services were great and it is on the beach,so you can enjoy the water all the time. A part was under construction so those rooms were not so nice. The guest services were prompt and helpful, also when I had early morning flight to Java they made me special boiled chicken sandwiches. The food was great in all the restaurants sampled. I was my traveling by myself for the Ubud writers festival and it was a real treat for me and made me feel safe and welcome,Balinese people are warm And friendly. I would love to go back with my husband sometime in the future. It surely is a special place to enjoy with your special someone. It was luxurious with comfy beds and taxi services with friendly people around me.

Room Tip: Must go for a romantic getaway or for a solo pampering holiday
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GhoshSrey

Dear GhoshSrey,

Greetings from the Grand Hyatt Bali and thank you for your detailed review. We endeavor to provide experiences that are truly superior, so to know you had a “Heaven on Earth” experience brings joy to our associates who take immense pride in delivering genuine and passionate service.

I am delighted our efforts have made your stay an extraordinary one. I appreciate your thoughtful recognition of associates who gracefully assisted you throughout the stay. Packing your personal belongings when you were not feeling well and arranging special meal for your early morning flight are some 'random acts of generosity' that our Hyatt associates take delight in delivering every day. Please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our colleagues so there commitment and contribution do not go unnoticed.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to serve you. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your loved ones back again and hope we will have the opportunity of creating more memories.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just spent two nights in Bali. Thoroughly enjoyed the Grand Hyatt. Stayed in a Grand Club Room which was spacious and really comfortable. Took advantage of the Grand Club enjoying breakfast, mid-day snacks and happy hour. The staff were friendly, gracious, professional and made me feel welcome. The Grand Club setting is beautiful.

The property is huge and folks that like the smaller, boutique hotel experience will not like the Grand Hyatt. There are four separate villages and numerous restaurants. There is a nice beach fronting the hotel. There were no jet skis or parasailing at the beach, so it was quiet and relaxing. You can walk down the beach for all those activities.

The Bali Collection Shopping Center is next door with shopping, restaurants and massage places. I took advantage of getting foot massages each day. They are as low as US$6 for a 20 minute massage. The hotel spa had massage specials, but the prices next door were a fraction of the cost.

There is security going into the resort area with additional security at each of the hotels where cars were subject to search. Felt safe and secure.

Room Tip: Roof renovations are going on. I'm always irritated when hotels don't let you know this is...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DKHNL
GrandHyattBali, Director of Rooms at Grand Hyatt Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear DKHNL,

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and have carried back pleasant memories of our resort and the services on offer.

I appreciate your recognition of our friendly, gracious and professional associates who made you feel welcome.They genuinely embrace the Hyatt spirit by delivering authentic hospitality with passion and purpose. It is wonderful to know that you appreciate our commitment to sustained excellence. Please be assured that I have shared your compliments with all our associates so their efforts do not go unnoticed.

I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to the Grand Hyatt Bali in the future.