“Under fed and overcooked”
Review of Bebek Bengil

Bebek Bengil
Ranked #63 of 224 Restaurants in Nusa Dua
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My first experience of this restaurant in Ubud was one of my most memorable experiences of my first trip to Bali 4 years ago. After returning to the Island this year, I was very pleased to hear that they had opened a branch in Nusa Dua, near where I now live. Having visited 3 times since moving here in April - as well as having a further visit to the original site in Ubud - I can officially report back that this restaurant is (now) not very good! Maybe it has become too popular - but on each occasion I have been very disappointed by the quality of the food, the highlight of which should of course be the famous succulent crispy duck. Invariably it has been under fed - and overcooked. It's a shame if this is the end of an institution.

1  Thank willpickford
BebekBengil, Manager at Bebek Bengil, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2014

Dear Guest,

With reference to your letter of complaint, we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Weapologize for your unsatisfactory experience at our restaurant. We have brought this matter to our staff and other managers attention, in order to rectify our service and food quality further.

Please be assured that your experience doesn't reflect our usual high standards, therefore we would like to thank you for your time in bringing this to our attention.

Once more, we apologize the inconveniences this has caused. We hope to welcome you back at Bebek Bengil for a second chance.

Yours sincerely

(yoga)

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Dreadful! Mummified scrawny duck...that took over and hour to come! Some of my friends never received their main meals. Service was pleasant enough. Everyone in my group agreed it was terrible.

1  Thank Have2GoNow

Dear customer,,

We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your bad experience at our restaurant. We are very sorry to hear about your complaining to our product. We have communicated your feedback to our kitchen and service staff to ensure a similar situation will not be repeated.

Let us welcome you back to Bebek Bengil again and correct our previous mistake. Instead, provide you the service and quality we believe in.

Yours sincerely

(Yoga)

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I really love the taste of it although it didn't look like It was that delicious. However, I think they shouldn't put fruit just next to the main course, which I'm afraid might ruin the flavor.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

hi i have been tried balinese food every where in this island and my passion is cooking also as a balinese , dine in this restaurant with my friends from aussie was amazing me w the taste of food compare with the price . Not reasonable !!! im sorry the taste was not good not like i expected.... realy bad . soo dissapointing .... never back again !!!

2  Thank Mirah_patrisia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The dirty duck is crispy and nice although the meat is a bit tough. The Gado gado is pretty nice too. Love the ambience and by the beach.