“Bliss at The Bale”

Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Melbourne
“Bliss at The Bale”
Reviewed 2 July 2009

My boyfriend and I visited Bali for the first time this June. The Bale was our first stop and from the moment we were greeted at the airport we ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!
I would definately reccommend this hotel to any couple visiting Bali- and I will most definately return!
We were greeted at the airport by a very welcoming driver with a new airconditoned car, a drink and a coool towel-ahhhh.
I was so surprised with how friendly the staff at the hotel were- it was amazing- I have never had service like this in Australia in 21 years- and never expected it from anyone.
Every single staff member is full of smiles and go to such an extreme effort to welcome you. They all remember your name, which makes you feel soo special and are forever asking if there is anything they can do for you. To be honest they were the friendliest staff I've ever found at a hotel and I was so impressed as was my boyfriend .
The pavillions are absolute bliss. We stayed in a deluxe single pavillion(#38) and it was just amazing. The pool was huge, very clean and warm and with steps that led right into our bathroom. The bathroom was very clean and big with a gorgeous giant tub which we both fit in, a tv on top of the tub with a perfect view, a double vanity AND an indoor and outdoor shower WOW. The bed was comfortable, the large plasma fantastic with plenty of channels and all the ameneties were great.
If only my home could look like this!
All of the meals eaten either by room service or at Faces were beautiful and good priced.
Breakfast was absolutely yum- strawberry crepes, banana pancakes and apple french toast (all a must try!) My boyfriend couldn't get enough of the 3 egg omelette with chorizo and cheese and insists it's the best he's ever had!
We had a candle lit BBQ dinner one night in our pavillion which was possibly the best dinner I've ever had!
The dinner was set up beautifully with rose petals and candles surrounding our pool. A chef and waitor both are at your assistance throughout the dinner and it was truely spectacular- especially the Balinese lobster.
We were fortunate enough to have 2 spa treatments done in the spa whilst staying here also including a Zen ritual treatment and a welcome massage- both of which were absolutely fantastic. The ambience in the spa rooms is just wonderful and they are so beautifully furnished and make us feel like we were the king and queen of Bali. So relaxing and staff again so polite it was wonderful- not to mention the beautiful cool tea drink given at arrival!
The transport organised by The Bale was all so reliable and safe and the library was used daily with access to the internet which was of great help to us.
I'm sure there are many more compliments I could add but please take my word- The Bale is just wonderful- I'm sure a perfect honeymoon or getaway for anybody!
It is just bliss- the tranquility is amazing!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Alabang
Reviewed 8 May 2009

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Bale last year and it was spectacular! It was pricy but worth the money specially the spa, for someone who visits spas regularly - what they had there suprised me still. The honeymoon package was great and the special dinner was really special and well thought off. The staff's very friendly and did not disappoint at all. It was quite far from the party areas but since was our honeymoon we didn't mind the quiet and serene space. Love it, I highly recommend the place.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
indonesia
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I stayed 3 days in the bale hotel and i must say, that place is almost perfect to forget about everything... this completely zen ambiance, the room was simply waow... the swimming pool is fantastic and the bathroom too. I also tried some treatment at the spa and they are great. so don't hesitate

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank simsao
kgirl101
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I spent 6 nights at the Bale a few weeks ago, and I must say this is the best hotel I've ever stayed in. And being a flight attendant, believe me, I have seen A LOT of hotels.

Sure, there's not that much to do around there, but my boyfriend and I are not to keen on the whole touristy scene. The "American-type" restaurants and night clubs, etc. I mean, that's why we go on vacation, right? To see something different.

The thing about the Bale is that we didn't care not going out because we had the most amazing villa, with a huge backyard and a very big pool, all to ourselves. In the middle of winter, that's exactly what we needed, a absolutely gorgeous setting to soak up all the sun we could.

The day beds outside (the "Bale", where the name of the hotel comes from) are absolutely fantastic. The "night-bed" are extremely comfortable as well.

Now, the service. What a amazing group of employees! Every single one of them was a top notch professional. They all knew our names and made us feel like we were the only guests at the hotel (we weren't, just if you're wondering).

My boyfriend got bitten by a mosquito and it got infected and the same night we had a mosquito net put in the room, and the following day, all of the employees made sure we always had mosquito coils nearby and would ask if he was feeling better.

The employees are not only professional, but also very friendly, but always in a respectful way, and without invading your privacy.

There is so much more I could say about this hotel, but all you need to know in the end is this: if you feel like being pampered, and want to experience the most beautiful and relaxing travel trip, the Bale is THE place to go in Bali.

P.S. We liked the Bale so much that after a second week spent in Ubud, we decided to extend our stay by an extra two days to go back to the Bale before we left to come back to Canada.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kgirl101
Zhongshan, China
Reviewed 15 April 2009

We stayed at The Bale for 10 days back in October last year. This review is therefore a bit late in coming but The Bale is such a special hotel I think it’s worth sharing our experience. In fact, we loved it so much that we’re planning to go back for a couple of days later this year.

Transfer from the airport is a breeze. It’s only about 20 minutes away and the hotel will pick you up in a lovely air-conditioned car with cold drinks and little mini poppadoms - a nice touch. It’s also worth paying extra to get ‘The Bali Concierge’ to sort out your visas at the airport. You can then relax with a drink in the lounge while everyone else waits in the long queues outside!

Check-in at The Bale is also a breeze - no lingering around the reception area as you’re assigned your own personal butler for your stay and they do the check-in in your room.
We’d booked a single pavillion but we’re lucky enough to be upgraded to a deluxe room. However, ‘room’ is misleading as our home for 10 days was pretty big. The private pool was impressive – not just your average plunge pool. The bathroom doors opened out to steps leading to down to it – definitely big enough to swim mini-laps. Water is a big feature – huge bathtub with a flatscreen TV above, outdoor shower with a UFO sized shower head in addition to an indoor shower.

People might be put off by the fact that The Bale isn’t right on the beach unlike some of the other hotels in Nusa Dua. We actually liked this as The Bale is more secluded as a result and the beach club is so easy to get to. The hotel will drop you off and pick you up whenever you like. There is a little beach bar which we thought was great – cheap and cheerful food and drinks. Try the chicken satay! And The Bale staff offer you ice cold water, sun cream and after-sun. The only negative about the beach is that in the afternoon the tide goes out to reveal lots of seaweed which the locals go back and forth to collect! Not the prettiest of beaches I’ve been on but it’s quiet and peaceful.

The bar and restaurant at The Bale – Faces - are great but expensive. We ate at Faces a couple of times and the food was really good but we didn’t want to eat there for 10 nights given the prices. Luckily the hotel will help you book other restaurants around Nusa Dua. Bambu Bali which is a popular Balinese restaurant is fantastic. We also loved the authentic seafood restaurants at Jimbaran Bay where you can enjoy fresh fish right on the beach. You will end up smelling of a BBQ though as the smoke is really strong!

I can’t believe that someone on here said that breakfast was average. We thought that it was one of the best hotel breakfasts we’d ever had. Given we were there for 10 days, we never got sick of the selection. The bircher muesli, ginger and mint fruit salad and range of smoothies are just amazing. You can either order in your room or eat at the restaurant. We also had a private BBQ in our pavilion one night which was great although again pretty expensive. And way too much food!

The hotel will help you organize any trips or outings you want to do. We went for a surf lesson in Kuta which was fun. And you borrow the hotel’s bikes which is a good way of seeing Nusa Dua. My boyfriend also played golf at the course next door while I went to explore the shops at the outdoor mall down the road. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff.

It’s really difficult to do The Bale justice in just one review. Almost everything about it is perfect – the design, ambience, beautiful pavilions, wonderful staff. Perhaps the only negatives would be the prices at Faces. If you’re looking for somewhere that’s really lively and happening then this hotel is also not for you. But if you are looking for a relaxing break in a truly beautiful setting then The Bale is just the business.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
nomadic
Reviewed 9 April 2009

Austerely minimalist in a most striking fashion the grand, long steps, the pools the spa are really lovely. The rooms (or at least ours) were a bit disappointing looking over the golf course but the private pool area was stunning. Food was deeply excellent, light and wonderful. Treatments were friendly and not as impersonal as hotel spa experiences can often me. Its expensive - but really quite different. Only downside - not on the beach. You have to go by buggy. And internet was in outside area with one computer and a regular queue - but hey are you in Bali to be online?

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed 8 April 2009

Very Enjoyable stay. Relax by the pool. The staff is friendly and helpful. The in-room dining for the breakfast was delicous and generous serving. As the hotel does not impose additional charge for in room dinning for breakfast, thus we were able to relax and sleep in till almost 10.30am for breakfast, as we place the order the night before. Only that the steps towards to the room could be a little physical.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple