“Convenient Stay in Nusa Dua”

Hotel Santika Siligita Nusa Dua
Ranked #29 of 55 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We were planning to stay at The Conrad but the place was full, so we decided to try on this featured new Santika Siligita in Nusa Dua. We thought we would like to make the reservation directly to the hotel. We called the reservation office (as they greet us as the sales representative of the hotel). I asked on the room categories and the sales person was offering a special peice on the suite room type. I told her to email me the quotation; and yet she never send it to us.

So the night before our travelling date; I had to browse on the internet to figure out how to make the reservation. And I found www.rajakamar.com and they had assisted us very properly on the desired room. I was quiet surprised how the sales person of Santika did not respond to our inquiries.

But it turned out really well during our stay at The Santika. Breakfast was allright. We decided to experience the Balinese traditional brunch nearby the hotel; the famous "Dobil Suckling Pig". The queing line at the small warung was worth to wait for. The hotel staff was great. One night we decided we wanted to go to Potato Head at the hearty Seminyak; and the front office staff was really helpful by providing a rental car just in time. It onoy costs us about 150K with driver for a return trip from Nusa Dua to Seminyak.

The suite room itself was nice. Typically nice bedroom; with lots of wardrobe. The view is not special though. However; the amenities are nicely designed and prepared.

If you are looking for a comfort; this Santika would be a suitable place. Great staff; too. Superb standard of service. But if you are looking for a breathtaking view of the Indian Ocean (which that is what Nusa Dua is famous for); you might want to choose another place.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SoulTraveler77

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel has a nice room. Good bed and bathroom, Great breakfast and pool, But near with hotel there is not even sidewalk! A lot of rubbish and cars. Every morning at 6a.m. the roosters start crowing, it's very annoying! A little far there is a nice restaurant Newmans beergarden, In front of hotel located nice and chip Deborah Spa. Walk distance to Mengiat Beach or Bali Collection 15-20 minutes.

Room Tip: Choose pool wiew rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is a quiet area but has restaurants in the close vicinity. The property is well appointed with a small gym, a lovely clean pool and a super wonderful breakfast. We enjoyed our stay at Santika Nusa Dua. Staff were very friendly and provided everything we asked them for.
The shuttle bus takes you to the beach. This is where I lost my glasses in the surf.....I forgot to take them off....they were never seen again....I was partially blind till my husband came to my rescue and gave me his, one of three spares. I might add they were much stronger than mine but I managed. Thank you to all staff at Santika for their kindness.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank silvia d
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2days and 2nights. We chose to stay here because Nusa Dua has a quiet environment. If you're looking for a night life then Seminyak is best for you. The hotel is quite far from the beach. You have to walk 10-15 mins to get there. Majority of food establishments in front of the hotel offer Indo food. No other restos can be seen outside and a limited store outlets, too. I'm impressed by how staff treat customers very well. They responded to queries immediately and wasted no time in giving customers great satisfaction. Breakfast was nice. There was a good variety of food from local to western types. The downside though was the bed linen which was awful when we got inside. The following day we requested to have it changed only to find out it still stinked. We will surely get back here if given the chance. And I will recommend this hotel to friends and relatives who plan to visit Bali.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Nice entry area...check in was easy and not quick. Staffs were friendly and helpful. We paid 90 S$ / night via hotel.com. The room is clean, a little small but suffice for two. Bathroom has no bathtub but the shower is okay. The bed is not bad, quite comfortable which is important.
The downside is the noise in the morning that we kept on hearing from the corridor. I am not sure what it was but perhaps either the door is not sealed or solid so you can hear noise from outside rather clear.
A part from that, the breakfast was good. .Some western and local selections.

Overall, it is pretty good hotel and very affordabl. Value for money!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnimaBella
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed here courtesy of a friend's wedding in nearby Mulia hotel so I have no say regarding the price value.

The location seems to be out of the way from anywhere that I know of. Nusa Dua itself is famed for its vast resort with private beach so I am not too sure on what sort of point of interests are especially close. I have seen road signs to Geger beach but I am not too sure on exactly how close the beach is since I did not go. I took a taxi to Seminyak to see my friend and took me about 40 minutes! I found easy access to taxis most of the time, however.

The hotel is a very modern building with many open spaces therefore it is quite airy. The staffs were friendly and check in was smooth and fast. The room was large, modern and comfortable. The shower pressure was very good and they had good amenities provided (incl hair dryer). The only complain I had was the slowness of the service (I requested for clothes steaming which they do have but did not deliver at all, I had to call twice for them to deliver shampoo to my room). The breakfast was nothing short of excellent, with Balinese food, egg station, fruit bar etc. The swimming pool looks nice (not too big) - I did not have the time to try but it looked quite inviting.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2013

When visiting Bali you can opt for the beach scene or do the cultural route. I chose the latter and so booked my stay at the Santika Sirigita Hotel. I arranged to be picked up by them at the airport, which was a good move as my flight arrived at night and the airport is about 1/2 hour or more away from the hotel. Check in was warm and friendly. The staff working at reception are all very pleasant and friendly, and can answer any questions you can think of. My room overlooking the pool was large, comfortable, and relaxing. I chose to have dinner that night in the hotel, and the restaurant manager, Gusti,, made sure I was well taken care of every night thereafter. The restaurant is excellent, serving a wide variety of food, but of course the Balinese fare on hand is the best choice. The breakfast buffet the next morning was also excellent. They have a special Balinese table which is a nice change. I booked several tours and never did make it to a beach while on Bali, and honestly did not miss one because the pool is big and beautiful, and also open until 9pm. After a day of sightseeing and traveling all over Bali as well as neighboring Lombok, the pool and restaurant were all I needed to unwind. Everyone working here is helpful and pleasant without being obtrusive. As I was traveling alone, they would always make a point of saying hello and everyone seemed to know my name, which I thought was very nice. Towards the end of my stay they even started referring to me as 'Bapak', which I took for the great compliment it is, It was very hard to leave this comfortable beautiful hotel. I hope I can return.

Room Tip: Book a poolside room for the lovely view and also less noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo