“Good location”

Mercure Bali Nusa Dua
Ranked #32 of 55 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Before I stayed at this hotel I had read some of the other reviews and I was a little worried about staying here. I had been to Bali before and had stayed at one of the large, fancy, beach front hotels in Nusa Dua and I knew that this hotel would not be as impressive as the first hotel. That being said, I think that this hotel is a great alternative and offers a different experience.

This hotel is outside of the Nusa Dua gates and is in the little town just outside the gates. This provides those who stay here the opportunity to actually walk around the town and really see how people live in Bali. It is much more authentic than the sterile atmosphere of the large resorts. If you leave the hotel grounds and turn right, there are plenty of shops, restaurants, and bars very close to the hotel. If you turn left, you walk through the town until you get to another street with restaurants, shops, and massage parlours. Inside the Nusa Dua gates there is the Bali Hai shopping/restaurant complex (which you could easily walk to), but the places there are much more expensive and westernized...

Rooms at the hotel were fine---they were not too small! Besides, how much time are you spending in a room when you are in Bali? I thought that the food at the hotel was good, expecially dinner (which we ate there several times). Pool was nice, also. We would have liked a hot tub, but that would be our only extra request.

This hotel is not on the beach so the hotel provides a shuttle (or you could walk--20 minutes or so) and provides chairs and towels on the beach.

So, yes, this hotel is not a big, fancy resort, but it is a great choice for people and families who don't want to spend hundreds of dollars a night! I would stay there again!

Room Tip: A pool side room would have a nice view of the pool (naturally).
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Eileen G
Management H, General Manager at Mercure Bali Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Eileen G,

Thank you for sharing the good experience you had during your stay in Mercure Bali Nusa Dua. We really appreciate that you could enjoy your accommodation in our hotel and enjoy with the ambient surrounding the hotel.
Do thank you for the compliment of the food provided in the hotel especially during dinner time and the pool area. Thank you for recommend this hotel and absolutely this good feedback will bring to our staff to motivate them in giving better service to the guest.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and if we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The hotel is very new.The room is not big enough for the couple.For solo tourist is ok.There is a very nice swimming-pool.All staffs are friendly,helpful and hardworking.Service mind is extremely strong.I had my dinner in the restaurant at the first floor.The dinner was so delicious.When I wanted to visit the beach,there was the shuttle bus to take me there.When I wanted to visit Bali collection (a shopping mall).Shuttle bus also can be arranged.Very convenient.Room is clean,window in my room can not be opened.It is just a small pity.The garden is beautiful,I walked around there.Nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lisaselencer

Dear Lisaselencer,

I would love to thank you for choosing Mercure Bali Nusa Dua as your accommodation choice during your visit to Bali and for taking the time to share your comment with us.
We value your compliment regarding the hotel services and facilities especially for our staff friendliness. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guest are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day.
We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Great hotel with great location. Staffs was great and helpful. The rooms is nice and well designed. Not much to complaint about this hotel. The only thing that I didn't really enjoy from this hotel is that the breakfast didn't taste as good as expected. However, overall I have a great stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear CalvinHamit,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Mercure Bali Nusa Dua during your recent visit to Bali and sharing your appreciation with us.
We are delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team. Your suggestion on the food quality had been carefully noted by department concern and will be taken into account for the current review of food quality.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to Mercure Bali Nusa Dua.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days. first impression when driving from the gate to the hotel lobby, was like those fancy hotels in nusa dua area beautiful scenery and very tranquil... Check in was fast, welcome drinks is refreshing. The room is clean a bit small but worth the money.. The pool and fitness center is also nice... Bfast was okay not expecting more than what we have paid... Now the minus part would be: the door needs to be rework because we can here door slamming from the other rooms which really annoying to hear especially during the night, the hallway needs to be mop frequently....Overall it was a good stay...

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alfinaagustaf81,

We would like to thank you for choosing Mercure Bali Nusa Dua as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Bali and taking time to share your comments with us.
We do appreciate for your good feedback for the facilities and services. These good feedbacks will be shared to our team in order to motivate them to keep up the good work in the future.
We regret to hear on your uncomfortable stay due to the noise from other rooms. Your comment regarding this matter has been carefully noted as our consideration for the next review.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Room was ok with modern design, which I did not really like because of the lack of Balinese touches. The pool and the garden were nice and well kept. The food at the restaurant was actually good with a reasonable price. The shuttle to the beach could run more frequently (like once every 30 minutes instead of one hour). The beach club was very nice but we could only swim around noon because of the tide.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank duvu

Dear Duyu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment with us, regarding your recent stay at Mercure Bali Nusa Dua.
We appreciate your concern, interest and the time taken to bring your advice to our attention especially about the feedback on the scheduled shuttle bus to the beach. We ask your kind understanding and assure you that your comments have been value to us in order to make your stay enjoyable one.
We sincerely hope this experience does not impair your trust in Mercure Bali Nusa Dua. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed 6 nights from 30th January it was our second stay. No refreshment was offered on check in and no mention of us staying previously. We booked a suite this time as the rooms are quite small but apart from very limited cupboard space and the wooden floor in the sitting room badly bucked, it was ok. Still small but more comfortable with the extra room. My first night walking back to the hotel,(it is quite dark needs more lighting from road to hotel), I fell quite badly spraining/twisting my ankle. My husband went to reception for someone to help but no-one seemed to understand nor really care. After sometime a man did drive down and gave me a lift back to reception. He couldn't find a wheelchair so he helped my husband carry me to our room. Next morning after breakfast with a badly swollen and bruised ankle,there was a problem with the bill, I was asked to sign or pay for breakfast even though I had booked bed and breakfast on line which was confirmed at check in. I was asked to go up to Reception where the matter was finally resolved. I asked to see the Manager but my request was unsuccessful. There was a dangerous situation with the kettle in our room, when it boiled it spewed boiling water high into the air and was impossible to switch off. The fridge,floor and bench were covered in boiling water. I insisted that the fridge and kettle be replaced and they were. Again I asked to talk to the Manager, again no one came. The last 2 nights it rained heavily during the night and we were kept awake with a loud dripping noise when we complained about it we were told that when we checked out they would look at it. Thankfully we travel with ear plugs which helped to muffle the noise slightly. I rang 'O' and asked for room service and ordered some noodles (they were delicious) and was told to wait 15 mins. after 45 mins. I rang to ask where my noodles were to be told there was no order placed!!! Again a communication breakdown. A tendency to clear plates before you have finished eating is extremely frustrating and perhaps the staff would better be instructed to enquire after the guests health. On check out for the first time during our stay the young lady on reception asked how my foot was. Overall disappointing.

Room Tip: Choose a suite they are bigger
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jillsaggers,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice as a second stay with us during your recent visit to Bali.
We do appreciate your time and effort for bringing to our attention the problem you have encountered during your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the unacceptable service provided to you in our hotel. This does not in any way reflect our usual level of service and we truly hope you will give us another chance to show you in the future.
We sincerely hope that this experience will impair your confidence in the Accor hotel network.
Hopefully, there will be another opportunity of welcoming you again in Mercure Bali Nusa Dua

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

New hotel with some little problems:
+ Swimmingpool
+ Front desk employees
+ Gym
+ Location easy to go everywhere specially now there is a toll road

- Hotel not so clean
- Small rooms with no space for your clothing
- Housekeeping not aware forgetting things to clean or to fill up, no fresh sheets had to ask for it
- Employees sometimes very slow

Perfect hotel to stay over but not if you want luxury or pure rest

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank byMARCO

Dear byMarco,

We would like to thank you for choosing Mercure Bali Nusa Dua as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Bali and taking time to share your comments with us.
We are pleased to read that you had enjoyable stay in our hotel and we value your compliment regarding the hotel services and facilities. It is encouraging as our guests’ satisfaction is our primary concern.
We take pride in our cleanliness and attention to details, but clearly we were not up to standard on this occasion. Please accept our sincere apologies and pleased assure you that necessary steps have been taken to avoid such inconvenience in the future.