“Excellent resort, over the expectations !”

Mercure Bali Nusa Dua
Ranked #29 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 23 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Management H, General Manager at Mercure Bali Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Reviewed 12 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Mercure for only one night in april. Our first impression of the hotel was its magnificent look. Room decor is nice although the furnitures are showing signs of wear and tear. One thing that disgust us was that the room was full of ants.
Hotel provides free shuttle bus to mercure private beach. Bali collection, one of the bigger shopping area in nusa dua, also provides free pick up and drop off from hotel.
Overall, we have a pleasant stayed at Mercure. Staff are helpful and friendly. We especially love the pool.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear 10PiPi

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that there were ants in your room, I will review the guest rooms with our Maintenance and Housekeeping teams to ensure that we offer the best quality product possible.

I do also appreicate your positive comments and will pass these onto our team.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed 1 night and my review as follows:

1) Location: Very near the entrance/security check point to Nusa Dua. There are shops, massage parlours, 24 hrs minimart surrounding the resort. Hotel has free shuttle to their beach club in Nusa Dua beach area and Bali Collection (Shopping Mall with many outlets for food and massage). Overall, quite good location.

2) Check in and Hotel Grounds: Hotel ground is huge with plants and grass. Look nice tho' just like the other bigger resorts in Nusa Dua/Benoa. Security check is very strict and good. Felt very safe in the hotel compound. Check in was fast.

3) Superior Room Pool Facing: Yes, the room is a little compact but i think the space is just nice for 2 persons. Room is simple and modern and clean. The mattress and pillows are ok. Not fantastic but at least it is comfortable. I love the rainshower concept in the bathroom. It was good. My room (219) balcony is facing the pool. Gorgeous view.

4) Free Snack under Accors Festive Promo Package: Hmm, only 2 free spring rolls. I think hotel should include at least free coffee/tea with the 2 free spring rolls. Definitely look nicer. If Mercure Kuta Bali free snack has so many things and with a drink, I am not sure why the same Mercure Nusa Dua cannot do so.

5) Buffet Breakfast: For a 4 star hotel, the breakfast overall was good. Food presentation is good and clean. For improvement, please consider offering at least one type of fresh fruit juice besides the usual orange/mango juice (which is not fresh from bottle).

6) Swimming Pool: I think this is the best part of the hotel as well as the hotel selling point. They have a great swimming pool. It is heated and is open from 6am to 9pm. I love the deco around the pool.

7) Wifi: Good signals around hotel area and in my room.

8) Mercure Beach Club: I think the hotel should invest more in the future and build a proper bar at the beach club. Having drinks inside a huge plastic container is not a good idea in my opinion. Does not look clean. Having said that, the beach chair, beach area is great. Sea water is very clean and suitable for swimming.

Overall, this new Mercure Nusa Dua has a lot of potential, could also even be upgraded to Grand Mercure if being maintained or upgraded properly. For the price it is offering now, definitely great value bargain. I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrenchRemix

Dear RGau

Thank you for your detailed post on Trip Advisor.

I have reviewed it in detail and will pass the positive comments onto our team.

I also note your suggestion regarding the Beach Club and Breakfast - I appreciate your insight and will review accordingly.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed for 2 days at Mercure Nusa Dua and felt that it's worth the price of it.

The staff were great and very helpful. Although a short stay with them, the front desk staff could remember my full name (spelling included) which made us feel very welcome.

We spent as much time we could in the pool.. cuz it's HEATED! It's an awesome feeling to soak in a warm pool on a cold night. Good poolside service. The room we got was slightly small. However, the toilet is well ventilated and beds comfortable, so no complaints. We were pleasantly surprised when we came back from our dive trip one evening to know that we had been upgraded to a junior suite for our second night.

Mercure has a very basic private beach which you can get to with their hourly shuttle. Spas and bars and around the corner. Overall, value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michmatherjiii

Dear Michmatherjiiii

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you were made to feel welcome, enjoyed our pool and our location. I will pass your feedback onto our team and look forward to welcoming you back personally to the Resort.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed eight days while attending an international meeting in the Nusa Dua Convention Centre. Found the Mercure very pleasant, comfortable and convenient. And very affordable. It is not by the sea, but offers a free 5 min. hourly shuttle to the beach, which I found very practical. Personnel is very attentive and breakfasts good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sergio S

Dear Sergio S

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort personally.

Reviewed 6 April 2014