“Introducing Asia to our children & reconnecting with a beloved region”
Review of Mulia Villas

Mulia Villas
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
“Introducing Asia to our children & reconnecting with a beloved region”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We had not been to Bali in 14 years. Coming back and staying at the Mulia made the experience particularly wonderful. The hotel was beyond our expectations, starting from the welcoming drink and garlands around our necks to the discovery of our villa! The accommodation was of high standard and the amenities top grade. The villas were spacious; our children were comfortable in their large beds and our King size bed was just wonderful. The pool and garden provided us with peace and serenity and we had a number of lovely dinners in the garden under the moonlight. The bathrooms were spacious and we were able to enjoy a jacuzzi night that had been prepared by one of our butlers who knew we had been out all day!!
The grounds were great and we could choose to either walk or be driven in the many golf buggies available to guests. The food was of high standard and the service exquisite. The staff tried to anticipate our needs and they seemed to genuinely wish us to enjoy their lovely island and hotel.
Our butlers (three of them, Argus, Reva & Harayan) were attentive and looked after our every need. The communal swimming pools were well designed and we did not feel crowded or having to wait long for service.
The spa was well appointed and wonderfully furnished. The atmosphere was serene. The treatments were good and the time allocated was fully utilised, so that we did not feel rushed or as if we were in a factory so to speak. We believe that with time, the treatments will get even better.
If we could go back tomorrow, we would be on our way!!

Room Tip: We did not see any of the rooms in the main hotel building, but if our villa is anything to go by, w...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kalotaxiditoujours
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Kalotaxiditoujours,

Thank you for choosing Mulia Villas Nusa Dua Bali and taking time to share your comments with us. We are delighted that you were impressed with both our facilities and services. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed over the Christmas break at this fantastic hotel/resort in a room with pool views. It looked like the resort was brand new and absolutely spotless. It looks stunning. During our stay it was not very busy.

The hotel is contained with a compound in Nusa Dua. There are few small shops and roadside eateries within 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel, but for anything substantial a taxi ride to town is required. Having said that, we stayed for a week for relaxation purposes and were very content staying in the resort.

One thing to note is that the weather in December can be quite wet. The first few days there was quite a bit of rain, but after that we were lucky and had sunny warm weather every day.

The resort is located at the beach. The beach is itself is ok, but not fantastic. If you are after a white sandy tropical beach, this is not the place to be. Also, during the rainy season water quality can be quite poor. But then again, the hotel as a number of fantastic pools. The swim up bar was fantastic, so it is the day spa (though expensive).

Apparently there's a gym, but during our break we didn't really want to check that out. We're sure it'll be fantastic. :)

Oh yeah and before we forget, the service was outstanding. We highly recommend this hotel. We're definitely going back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank CHTRAV
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear CHTRAV,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I decided to stay at the Mulia Vilas with my wife and our 2 babies just recently! We got a ocean view villa for 5 days! The villa was stunning! Beautifuly decorated, modern but with a Balinese feel throughout. Everything was top notch! Our butlers were incredibleeeede!!! Specially Pippi!!!! They even help us pack our luggage so that on the last day we could enjoy the pool a little bit more!!!
The breakfast every day was a gastronomic experience (like the Poached eggs on brioches with caviar!!!) the Spa was beautiful and the treatments were great as well!!! We did private Yoga with "Merta" and it was really special! The hotel also source baby sitter for us! Nitti and Arum took such great care of our 2 babies through our whole stay!!! I miss them dearly!!! The food also in Solei was fantastic! Try the catch of the day cooked Balinese style !! Yummyyyy! When we checked out and got into our cars we noticed like 10 staff people including our butlers, baby sitters, concierge manager Damien, and others thanking us and waving us goodbye!!! I literally cried ! I wanted to stay there longer and I can't wait to come back!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank weilinxcarlos
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear weilinxcarlos,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my family for 4D3N in late June. It was the second time I stayed in Mulia. Last time I stayed in suite in The Mulia & it was the best hotel experience I've ever had around the world, so I decided to go again with my family, but this time to the most luxurious region within Mulia, Mulia Villas.
Same as expected, the room is clean, classy, well designed & beautiful, especially we love the bathroom & the expensive automatic flushing toilet bowl. :)
Service is good, but sometimes slow when we asked for a technician to check the lighting in our room. We waited for about an hour & called the service centre several times before the technician arrived. Maybe because the villa area is too large that the hotel staff took time to deliver what we wanted.
We tried Table 8, the newly opened Chinese restaurant, for lunch, also Soliel & The Cafe for dinner. Food is excellent except that the service in Soliel is, again, too slow. We asked for several plates for sharing & hot tea, but even the dishes we ordered arrived, the waiters still hadn't given us the plates & tea. Their response time greatly improved after we did a little bit complaint.
Based on my experience as a repeated guest, the room staff (& staff responsible for The Lounge & The Living Room) has better English skills than the restaurant staff in the resort area. Some misunderstandings were made due to language barrier when we dined in Soliel.
Thanks for Wawan & Agung who helped us taking beautiful pictures on the beach. They are very nice & helpful.
Last area for improvement is the Wifi connection is very weak throughout the whole Mulia. My family & I had problem with sending out & uploading pictures. Luckily I brought my own pocket Wifi. I wrote this comment already the first time when I stayed in The Mulia suites. Apparantly the situation is not improved after half a year. I hope it will be better when I go again the next time.
Though there are some areas for improvement, Mulia is overall undoubtedly the best new hotel resort in the southern Bali. Luxury, clean, well-designed are the reasons I will recommend to others & go again whenever I have chance! :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Jo L
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Jo L,

Macau, China
Reviewed 22 July 2014

When we arrived at the Mulia Villas, my wife and I agreed that we had choosen the right place for our vacation. Our villas is well decorated with modern-style.My girl is still missing the private pool and the hugh jacuzzi. The room is spacious and clean.Butler Yana and fenny provided a superb service to us.All stuffs are well-trained and always have a welcome smile.
I am strongly recommended Mulia to anyone for family and couple visit. I long for my next visit to this wonderful villa.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Darrell L
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Darell L,

Alameda, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

"Wow" is what I have to say about the facilities, the view from different parts of the hotel and the furniture and decors used in the restaurants and throughout the hotel. One of the swimming pools (yes, there are many swimming pools!) is facing its own private beach and lifeguards are closely monitoring guests' safety. As soon as I walked to my lounge chair, a staff person will come to me right the way and lay out the beach towel for me. All the staff members are very friendly and professional. The bathroom was huge and the toilet was high tech! There are plenty of couches throughout the hotel where you can hang out with your family/friends without feeling obligated to order drinks. There's a small bakery that I really liked. They even have 50% discount on the cakes (except for a couple of them), ice-cream and some bake goods after eight everyday. Their salad is pretty good too. The price is for the tray, not by pounds. So you can ask for whatever you want to assemble your salad. The only thing I was not very pleased with the hotel is the fact that it does not have queen size beds. I went with my husband and 7-year-old son. King sized bed doesn't work for us since my son kicks and turns in his sleep, so I asked for two beds. Agoda.com says it's either 1 king or two queens but the hotel has no queens. We ended up having two twins and they put them together for us. I ended up sleeping in the middle and I woke up with a back pain. For two days, I called the front desk and asked for a king and they said they didn't have any. Finally, I went back to them crying in the middle of the third night and boom! they switched me to another room that has a king sized bed. One more thing, they offer FREE babysitting service. Even my shy boy wanted to go in because the room was filled with different toys and even video games. They even gathered the kids and made flowers arrangement for the mothers. They offer a kids' menu inside the kids room so you can pay for them and they would arrive at lunch or dinner time. The babysitters are very nice and spoke good English. I was very impressed with that service.

Room Tip: free wifi for only 2 devices only; some rooms have their private pools but the location of the pools...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Tina Hung L,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Fantastic private villa stay at Mulia Villas. The combined property of hotel and villas is huge with 500+ hotel rooms and probably not my normal hotel profile of choice. Too big....but the villa stay provides exclusive service and privacy which exceeded our expectations. Plus the access to well equipped gym, wellness centre and a great Sunday brunch at Soleil when needed. The villa itself has great amenity....outside shower was fun, large whirlpool, sundeck and sala lounging options with good views day and night. The BBQ in our garden and sala was a great way to end the trip and recommended rather than eat "out".

Room Tip: If choosing a villa.....higher up the hill provides good views and privacy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple