“Amazing”

Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Perth, Australia
“Amazing”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My husband surprised me with a wonderful 7 day holiday at the Mulia Resort. We always stay in Nusa Dua but he decided to try the new hotel instead of the usual ones we have stayed at in the past. The whole experience was truly amazing from the wonderful staff, fabulous room with the comfiest bed and a super hi tech loo - to the awesome food and luxurious surroundings.
It is a huge place but we were right at home within a day however a bit more signage would be helpful when you are trying to get your bearings.
We were so impressed we are coming back with all the family in September!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Linda C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I am a regular guest in the Mulia hotel in Jakarta, so was extremely interested to find out what they had created in Bali, and I wasn't to be disappointed. This is resort and spa on a grand scale.

My family and I spent a long weekend at the hotel and we left on a complete high. The hotel was still relatively empty, and there was still some finishing work going on, but that didn't really matter. From the Mulia Signature rooms we stayed in, with access to their own semi-private pool, to the other four swimming pools we could use - the kids where in heaven. My daughter is an avid swimmer and the only choice she had to make was whether to do laps in the 50m wide pool by our room, or the 100m wide pool by the beach. As for me - well it was which sunken bar I got a drink from. Even if the resort was full there is probably more than enough room to give you some privacy.

The restaurants are excellent - we ate in The Café - massive buffet and Soleil - excellent seafood/Italian. Soleil was the standout, I had the 6 plate set menu, my wife had the four plate, both where excellent.

Our room - well as previously mentioned we had access to a semi private pool (shared between 6 rooms) and the kids thought this was excellent. The room itself was huge, more than enough room to allow you to relax.

The staff, well it was impossible to fault them, always serving you with a smile, always greeting you with a hello every time they passed you.

All in all, an excellent job.

Room Tip: The Signature rooms on the ground floor of each block have access to a semi-private swimming pool...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank IainDM
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 June 2013

In my personal opinion the hotel lacks 'character'. I don't feel comfy nor homey during my stay in Mulia Resort. The staff is very attentive and more than helpful with all your needs. However, the design and the layout of the hotel is not what I expected of a true Bali experience. Without a doubt the hotel is very comfortable and very luxurious, everything is meticulously put for the premium experience, but it really lacks of that something different for the price we pay. For those of you that wants to know the difference between Mulia Resort & Villas and the Mulia. The Mulia is the hotel brand that is located right infront of the beach with all SUITE rooms. While Mulia Villas are located from a different entrance. I have experience other hotel that are my suitable to my personal taste, maybe that is just me. I would recommend for you to check the hotel as it is one of a kind, their breakfast buffet menu is insanely complete. One of the most complete breakfast I have had anywhere in the world, unfortunately the taste was just average.

Room Tip: Don't be 'tricked' by the name they choose for their room. If you are expecting a true b...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Ronald W
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Spent two nights here. Was absolutely contented with just spending the whole day in the resort. My room was very spacious altho it was the lowest room type.

But i just loved the pool!!!!!! Was amazed with how many pools they have but the best one is the Ocean pool facing the beach. That was just something else. Spent alot of time there just reading a book and dipping in the water.

If ur keen on working out, the gym is great! burning calories with an ocean view! thats kinda therapeutic :)

And just like Hotel Mulia in Jakarta, the food can never go wrong!!! The Cafe's food is no question anymore. But the highlight of my stay was the sunday brunch at Soleil! the food is just splendid! the buffet spread they haf, wow! salad n seafood were so fresh, tasty... the bbq corner serves all kinds of perfectly cooked meat. Even the dessert will make u spare a little (or big) space in the stomach even if you are already full.

It is a place if you need a real pampering on your holiday. You can just spend the whole day without going anywhere. Not the best way to visit Bali, but an excellent luxurious hideaway option.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DitaGenier
MULIA_BALI_12, Hotel Management at Mulia Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Dear DitaGenier,

Thank you for kind comments and review of your experience at Mulia Resort - Nusa Dua, Bali.

We appreciate the time taken to post your message and we are very pleased to hear that our services and facilities exceed your expectations.

It is indeed a pleasure to pass on your compliments regarding our service to our entire team that consistently turns moments into lasting memories.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

The Management
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Staff was amazing. Food was just as good. Room was great. Even the gym was incredible. I couldn't believe how big this place is. I don't know why you would never want to leave your resort in Bali, BUT if you were to do such a thing, this is the place to do it. Can't wait to get back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Andy C
Castle Hill, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I am Australian that stayed at The Mulia Resort with my sister and son for 9 days between 25th April and 4th May 2013. Check in was slow due to our Australian travel agent not communicating our room configuration correctly and new hotel staff learning how to deal with this problem. From this point it was all up. The décor is absolutely beautiful, food was out of this world and the employees were extremely courteous and attentive. Our rooms were adjoining Royal suites with ocean views, 6 star luxury and stunningly decorated with beds that were so comfortable. Sitting on our balcony feeling the sea breeze from the Indian Ocean was wonderful.

What really made this holiday special were the staff – they were absolutely amazing and these are a few that made our holiday memorable – “The Bar” – Niti was a very friendly girl and was excellent in giving us facts on the Balinese culture and tourism tips - a great ambassador for the Mulia – she would get my Employee Award, “Management” – Sonny Koentjoro, Ricki and another tall guy Agus??– totally professional and very attentive, “Reception and Customer Relations” – Ely and Anastasia – always welcoming and attended to any request we had. Ely even met us at the airport when we were leaving to help us with check-in @ Garuda (we were impressed) and “Life Guard Ocean Pool” – I Gede Darmadi – made sure we were always comfortable with a nice sunbed and towel– I wish I could list ALL the staff- I felt very safe with all the security too.

One comment I would like the Mulia introduce some Balinese traditions – like the feast, Barong Dance and some more offerings round the place – that what makes Bali so special. This is my 3rd visit to Bali and I could easily not know about these traditions just staying at the Mulia.

Overall an amazing experience, there are a few things being a new hotel that they need to work on but when I need a relaxing dream holiday in the sun the Mulia Resort will be my 1st choice. In my mind it was Bali heaven.

Room Tip: Royal suites with ocean views, 6 star luxury and stunningly decorated with beds that were so comfort...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Deb199
jakarta
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Just spend my weekend with friends staying at Royal Ocean Suite - Mulia Resort. I really enjoy my stay here. Love the interior of the room and the restroom is amazing. Very spacious and what amazed me is the automatic closet that can open the lid whenever we open the door. it is also has warmer. I am really impressed with the art pieces spread across the hotel area. The pool also stunning and has direct access to the beach.
All of the staff were very polite and attentive. The buffet dinner at The Cafe also mouthwatering with extensive choices of food. Their dessert section was nice, my favorite is the banana ice cream. Breakfast also great. Probably the best breakfast buffet i've ever had in Bali.
Would love to come back and stay longer.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank qimqim
phaditama, Hotel Management at Mulia Resort, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Dear Qimqim,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed our Resort.
We look forward to welcome you back to Mulia Resort – Nusa Dua, Bali in the not too distant future again for a longer visit.

The Management