“Perfect!”

Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
san francisco
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

just spend one night in this amazing new hotel. I cant praise it enough. Great beach location, large rooms, great bed, very good breakfast, excellent service. Only little downside is that the check in and check out took a bit too long. I guess staff was a bit confused. Otherwise wonderful place to stay. One thing to remember is that you probably wont go anywhere for dinner or lunch as you are about 15 minutes drive from restaurants. So if you are a person who likes to go out maybe this is not for you. If you like hotel facilities then go for it. Restaurants were great, pools, bar etc. All good. I would come back for more.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MuliaResort, Manager at Mulia Resort, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear asiatraveler1964

We are glad to learn that you had a wonderful and memorable stay at our Resort and we really appreciate your feedback and please rest assured that we have passed on your feedback to the depatment head concerns for immediate action.

With kind regards,

Management of Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
jakarta
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was so enjoyed staying in Mulia Bali and it was such a precious moments. I love the environments, the atmosphere also the service were excellent. Very excellent place to choose while visiting Bali. It's so glamorous Hotel in Bali. I will be back for another visit in B
ali.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Shierley S

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali. It is always rewarding for us to know that you enjoyed the resort. Certainly, we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for another amazing Mulia Resort experience.

The Management Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali
sheffield
Reviewed 16 November 2013

One word, "Wow"!!
I headed to the Mulia, as a 30yr old female, solo traveller. And, I cannot wait to do it again!!

The Mulia Resort is all so glamorous! Pictures/photos do not do this place justice! Indeed, it is a huge resort, and all so stunning. The hotel/facilities are very well attended to, and the place is spotless! Credit to all the housekeeping staff. In fact, credit to all the staff.....I was made to feel sooooo welcome. By day/night, the staff greeted me personally, and could not have been more attentive/helpful.

The rooms; Absolutely fantastic :-) Comfy beds, clean rooms, great bath/shower rooms, and the toilet....with it's own heated seat!!

The Beach: large beach area, very clean, lots of sun loungers. Beach and pool towels provided by the hotel :-)

The ocean pool: I spent most of my time here, lovely pool to swim in, with great views of the ocean! Swim up bar, with friendly staff/

Buffet Breakfast: OMG!!!! Huge choice! Lots of variety, and excellent quality :-) (including great coffee...living in Melbourne, this was appreciated!)

"The Cafe" buffet dinner: A must do!!! Food from every cuisine!! And excellent quality. Commendable service from all the staff. A "dessert room"...need I say more!

ZJ's nightclub: Live band playing during my stay (Excess) and they were fab! The nightclub was not at all disruptive to the rest of the hotel, and it was great to have a place to venture if you love music/dance! It was not at all intimidating, from the perspective of a solo traveller, in a nightclub!

Fitness Centre: Great to have such modern fitness facilties available. The gym was clean, the staff were helpful and welcoming. There are free fitness classes available to hotel guests. The fitness schedule is impressive, with classes every day.

A special mention to the following staff who were especially friendly and helpful to me during my stay:

-Merta: Who instructed me for my first ever Yoga class. Thanks for being so helpful, and patient!
-Alit, Eka, Letra: Pool & Beach Waiter's who were very friendly
-Bertha, Hotma, Desty, Anna: Cafe Reception staff, who were extremely welcoming and friendly to me
-Members of the band "Excess"-very talented, and friendly! Thanks for the dancing!

From the perspective of a solo traveller, I felt very safe at this resort. There are lots of hotel staff, and security staff. As the resort is huge (and I often got lost trying to find my room!) there was always someone around to help/guide.

Overall, I am so grateful for the opportunity to experience this amazing resort. I believe I lived the life of a celebrity (as I would imagine it!)

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the "basic" rooms (grandeur deluxe) and it was in fact, AMAZING! I coul...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank jocheekie
MuliaResort, Manager at Mulia Resort, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear

Thank you for residing with us and it is a pleasure to learn that everything we offered you along your stay has lived up to your expectation and that you departed our shores with a very nice impression of our service and facilities.

Your highlight regarding our staff is highly appreciated and we have extended with the whole team for their motivation and we do hope that your memorable experience will bring you back to Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali in the near future.

With kind regards,

Management of Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali
Singapore
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Resort is unbelievably massive. There is something for everyone and is especially great for families with a great sea view, huge pool, huge gym, bar and even a club. Breakfast was a very good spread with all sorts of cuisine - Chinese, Western, Japanese and more.

However as with big resorts, there is a lack of a personal touch. Very strict about not taking hotel bath towels to the beach (I was chased down by staff to make sure I didn't take it to the beach). No sitting on the floor of the lobby while waiting for a taxi. I hear it is a new hotel so perhaps this will improve over time?

This resort is ideal if you wanted something really exclusive and are happy to chill at the hotel with so many things to do. However it is quite far away from other activities such as those at Seminyak or the Mt Batur trek.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jeanoo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We came to the Mulia resort for our first year wedding anniversary. Firstly, I am glad that we had an early check in as we arrive early at 12pm. All the staff were very friendly everywhere we went. They were pretty helpful when we made enquiries. The resort is grand and facilities are pretty new. We were invited to be Mulia privileged members and were given free wifi in the room which was great. The breakfast selection was wide and overall food was nice.
However there were a few disappointing incidents during our stay. When we were showed to our room, we noticed there were wrappers by our lagoon outside the room. Cleanliness need to be improved.
On our second day of trip, we were accused by the housekeeping that we have made a dent in the makeup mirror and asked to pay for the damages. My husband and I were utterly shocked. The housekeeping staff insisted that they do strict daily checks. It was ridiculous to think that we could be so forceful to bent the makeup mirror. There was nothing that we say to solve the issue, even after talking to the director of rooms. Now we have learnt from this experience to check through the room when checking in, or else we will be blamed for damaging something. This happened on our second day of trip, and it had spoiled our mood for the whole stay. After they had discussed, the duty manager had to call us again the next night to inform us that they would need us to bear the cost of the mirror. My husband did not wish to spoil our mood further and agreed to pay for the damages but we told them that it was not our fault at all. After the phone call, we have decided to go for our dinner when the duty manager called at our room once again. She asked if she could come and get our signature as we agreed to pay for the damages. I got so annoyed that I told her off! This was something that could be settled when we check out, yet she had to keep calling us to disturb us. This kind of service was not acceptable.
We ordered room service on our last night. We were alittle disturbed when the staff insisted that we fill up the in room dining feedback form on the spot with him standing there waiting for us. Furthermore, asked us directly to write down his name. That was unbelievable,
We were going back home on a 10pm night flight so I asked for a late checkout around 3pm, but it was not successful. I was disappointed that they are not sensitive to guests' needs. They did not even bother to explain that probably there were guests checking in after us and just blatantly rejected us.
Overall, we will never go back to this resort ever again. This stay had been too evenfful and definitely not the first year wedding anniversary staycation that we expected.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rain3332003
Dear Rain3332003

Warmest greetings from The Mulia, Mulia Resort & Villas - Nusa Dua, Bali.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor. Please be advised that It has been in our system that all features of our guest rooms must undergo a thorough check by our Housekeeping team before we release them in our inventory for any guest check-in.
Your feedback is appreciated and we will relay to the department concerned.

We hope we will welcome you again, Mr./Ms. Guest and enjoy your time with us in your next visit to Bali.

Yours sincerely,

Management of Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Fantastic property, great level of service - will definitely be back for another visit. Stayed as part of an educational trip and can I say was super impressed. Not the correct hotel if you are wanting to see Balinese themed fittings/furniture/fixtures - but fantastic if you want a luxe Bali stay with modern grandeur. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. The beach (as most of Bali is similar) is not super clean but when you have so many choices for the beautiful pools, we didn't even swim once in the beach anyway.

Room Tip: Garden View on the lobby side of the resort is not the best - looks onto a vacant block of land that...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MuliaResort, Manager at Mulia Resort, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Chryssa2013

We are glad to learn that you had a wonderful and memorable stay at our Resort and we really appreciate your positive feedback regarding all aspects of your stay with us.

Further, we are pleased to learn that everything we offered you along your stay has exceeded your expectation.

The Management of Mulia resort, Nusa Dua - Bali
Geraldton, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

A worthy winner of the 2013 Best New Hotel in the World. We stayed 8 nights having booked a Signature Oceanic Room we upgraded to a Signature Lagoon Access Room after the second night, well worth the extra money to have your own semi private pool, although there is no shortage of swimming pools and sun lounges. The resort lived up to every expectation and the staff were friendly and always willing to that little extra. Having travelled to Bali many times we would have to say the food was the best in variety and quality the we have ever experienced. The location is in South Nusa Dua with not a lot to see within walking distance, but Bali Collection is only 5minutes and $2.50 in a Taxi. The New Toll Bridge Highway makes for a quick trip to Kuta,

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank HelenL2102013
MuliaResort, Manager at Mulia Resort, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear HelenL2102013

Thank you for the valuable comment upon Mulia Resort and for your precious time to share it on Trip Advisor.

We were pleased to learn that you had a wonderful experience at the resort also a big thanks and appreciation of your compliments on our product, services as well as the facilities of the resort and our Food and Beverage venues.

As Mulia Resort, we have always been committed to continuously give our guest a memorable experience with indigenous hospitality. On behalf of the entire team, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us in near future.

With ind regards,