“Great hotel”
Review of Mulia Resort

Mulia Resort
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The hotel was really nice and exceed our expectations. We stayed for 3 days with our 2 yr old, she was happily entertained by the staff at the kids club. The room was very clean and had a modern feel to it.

Food wise, we dined and had breakfast at the cafe, which were all amazing. Location wise, nusa dua is a bit far from the hustle and bustle of seminyak and kuta but thats a plus for a peaceful retreat. We will surely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013
MuliaResort, Manager at Mulia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Melisajohar,

Thank you for your kind review, we appreciate your positive comments on many aspects of the Mulia Resort.
We have noted your special comments on our Kids Club "Mulia Kidz" and will ensure these are passed onto the team in the club, recognition like this will further serve to encourage them to continue the high level of service.

We are looking forward to welcoming your back for another unforgettable experience with Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua-Bali

The Management of Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is a brand new hotel with huge terriotry, attentive service, great pools (they are many of them, all very large), nice and clean beach area, great food (especially in the Soleil restaurant), and great fitness center (one of the best I have seen). The only faults are poorly working wi-fi and the veiw from our room. It was supposed to be "garden view", but in fact the view was on the area outside of the hotel, which looked like a desert, something you do not expect or enjoy when you go to such a green place like Bali. The rest was great, the hotel is very kids friendly (with kids swimming pools and kids center) and I will be happy to stay there again. The SPA in the hotel is also good, although quite expensive for Bali.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dinara D

We are glad to learn that you had a wonderful and memorable stay at our Resort and we really appreciate your feedback wi fi and the view from your room.
All aspects of the Resort are designed for the maximum enjoyment of our Guests. Please be assured we have followed up on the areas you have noted for improvement.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we do hope to welcoming you back to Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali.

Kind regards,

The Management of Mulia resort, Nusa Dua - Bali

Reviewed 20 November 2013

just spend one night in this amazing new hotel. I cant praise it enough. Great beach location, large rooms, great bed, very good breakfast, excellent service. Only little downside is that the check in and check out took a bit too long. I guess staff was a bit confused. Otherwise wonderful place to stay. One thing to remember is that you probably wont go anywhere for dinner or lunch as you are about 15 minutes drive from restaurants. So if you are a person who likes to go out maybe this is not for you. If you like hotel facilities then go for it. Restaurants were great, pools, bar etc. All good. I would come back for more.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
MuliaResort, Manager at Mulia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear asiatraveler1964

We are glad to learn that you had a wonderful and memorable stay at our Resort and we really appreciate your feedback and please rest assured that we have passed on your feedback to the depatment head concerns for immediate action.

On behalf of the entire team, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us in near future.

With kind regards,

Management of Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was so enjoyed staying in Mulia Bali and it was such a precious moments. I love the environments, the atmosphere also the service were excellent. Very excellent place to choose while visiting Bali. It's so glamorous Hotel in Bali. I will be back for another visit in B
ali.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Shierley S

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali. It is always rewarding for us to know that you enjoyed the resort. Certainly, we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for another amazing Mulia Resort experience.

The Management Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali

Reviewed 16 November 2013

One word, "Wow"!!
I headed to the Mulia, as a 30yr old female, solo traveller. And, I cannot wait to do it again!!

The Mulia Resort is all so glamorous! Pictures/photos do not do this place justice! Indeed, it is a huge resort, and all so stunning. The hotel/facilities are very well attended to, and the place is spotless! Credit to all the housekeeping staff. In fact, credit to all the staff.....I was made to feel sooooo welcome. By day/night, the staff greeted me personally, and could not have been more attentive/helpful.

The rooms; Absolutely fantastic :-) Comfy beds, clean rooms, great bath/shower rooms, and the toilet....with it's own heated seat!!

The Beach: large beach area, very clean, lots of sun loungers. Beach and pool towels provided by the hotel :-)

The ocean pool: I spent most of my time here, lovely pool to swim in, with great views of the ocean! Swim up bar, with friendly staff/

Buffet Breakfast: OMG!!!! Huge choice! Lots of variety, and excellent quality :-) (including great coffee...living in Melbourne, this was appreciated!)

"The Cafe" buffet dinner: A must do!!! Food from every cuisine!! And excellent quality. Commendable service from all the staff. A "dessert room"...need I say more!

ZJ's nightclub: Live band playing during my stay (Excess) and they were fab! The nightclub was not at all disruptive to the rest of the hotel, and it was great to have a place to venture if you love music/dance! It was not at all intimidating, from the perspective of a solo traveller, in a nightclub!

Fitness Centre: Great to have such modern fitness facilties available. The gym was clean, the staff were helpful and welcoming. There are free fitness classes available to hotel guests. The fitness schedule is impressive, with classes every day.

A special mention to the following staff who were especially friendly and helpful to me during my stay:

-Merta: Who instructed me for my first ever Yoga class. Thanks for being so helpful, and patient!
-Alit, Eka, Letra: Pool & Beach Waiter's who were very friendly
-Bertha, Hotma, Desty, Anna: Cafe Reception staff, who were extremely welcoming and friendly to me
-Members of the band "Excess"-very talented, and friendly! Thanks for the dancing!

From the perspective of a solo traveller, I felt very safe at this resort. There are lots of hotel staff, and security staff. As the resort is huge (and I often got lost trying to find my room!) there was always someone around to help/guide.

Overall, I am so grateful for the opportunity to experience this amazing resort. I believe I lived the life of a celebrity (as I would imagine it!)

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the "basic" rooms (grandeur deluxe) and it was in fact, AMAZING! I coul...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jocheekie
MuliaResort, Manager at Mulia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear

Thank you for residing with us and it is a pleasure to learn that everything we offered you along your stay has lived up to your expectation and that you departed our shores with a very nice impression of our service and facilities.

Your highlight regarding our staff is highly appreciated and we have extended with the whole team for their motivation and we do hope that your memorable experience will bring you back to Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali in the near future.

With kind regards,

Management of Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Resort is unbelievably massive. There is something for everyone and is especially great for families with a great sea view, huge pool, huge gym, bar and even a club. Breakfast was a very good spread with all sorts of cuisine - Chinese, Western, Japanese and more.

However as with big resorts, there is a lack of a personal touch. Very strict about not taking hotel bath towels to the beach (I was chased down by staff to make sure I didn't take it to the beach). No sitting on the floor of the lobby while waiting for a taxi. I hear it is a new hotel so perhaps this will improve over time?

This resort is ideal if you wanted something really exclusive and are happy to chill at the hotel with so many things to do. However it is quite far away from other activities such as those at Seminyak or the Mt Batur trek.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jeanoo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We came to the Mulia resort for our first year wedding anniversary. Firstly, I am glad that we had an early check in as we arrive early at 12pm. All the staff were very friendly everywhere we went. They were pretty helpful when we made enquiries. The resort is grand and facilities are pretty new. We were invited to be Mulia privileged members and were given free wifi in the room which was great. The breakfast selection was wide and overall food was nice.
However there were a few disappointing incidents during our stay. When we were showed to our room, we noticed there were wrappers by our lagoon outside the room. Cleanliness need to be improved.
On our second day of trip, we were accused by the housekeeping that we have made a dent in the makeup mirror and asked to pay for the damages. My husband and I were utterly shocked. The housekeeping staff insisted that they do strict daily checks. It was ridiculous to think that we could be so forceful to bent the makeup mirror. There was nothing that we say to solve the issue, even after talking to the director of rooms. Now we have learnt from this experience to check through the room when checking in, or else we will be blamed for damaging something. This happened on our second day of trip, and it had spoiled our mood for the whole stay. After they had discussed, the duty manager had to call us again the next night to inform us that they would need us to bear the cost of the mirror. My husband did not wish to spoil our mood further and agreed to pay for the damages but we told them that it was not our fault at all. After the phone call, we have decided to go for our dinner when the duty manager called at our room once again. She asked if she could come and get our signature as we agreed to pay for the damages. I got so annoyed that I told her off! This was something that could be settled when we check out, yet she had to keep calling us to disturb us. This kind of service was not acceptable.
We ordered room service on our last night. We were alittle disturbed when the staff insisted that we fill up the in room dining feedback form on the spot with him standing there waiting for us. Furthermore, asked us directly to write down his name. That was unbelievable,
We were going back home on a 10pm night flight so I asked for a late checkout around 3pm, but it was not successful. I was disappointed that they are not sensitive to guests' needs. They did not even bother to explain that probably there were guests checking in after us and just blatantly rejected us.
Overall, we will never go back to this resort ever again. This stay had been too evenfful and definitely not the first year wedding anniversary staycation that we expected.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rain3332003

Dear Rain3332003

Warmest greetings from The Mulia, Mulia Resort & Villas - Nusa Dua, Bali.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor. Please be advised that It has been in our system that all features of our guest rooms must undergo a thorough check by our Housekeeping team before we release them in our inventory for any guest check-in.
Your feedback is appreciated and we will relay to the department concerned.

We hope we will welcome you again, Mr./Ms. Guest and enjoy your time with us in your next visit to Bali.

Yours sincerely,