“Amassing holiday”

Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Melbourne, Australia
“Amassing holiday”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at The Mulia 8 nights in may2014. This was our most amassing holidays. We celebrate my husband birthday and I would like to say thank you to front desk staff to organise surprise for him and cake in the room. The whole experience was absolutely amassing. Staff helpfully, we'll trained. We had best holiday ever. I will recommend to all my friends to stay at The Mulia. And defently will go there again very soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MuliaResort, Manager at Mulia Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Ella A,

Thank you for choosing Mulia Resort - Nusa Dua, Bali on your special occasion with 8 nights holiday with us.

It is always rewarding for us to know that you enjoyed hotel's facilities and services. Certainly, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another amazing Mulia Resort experience!

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We really enjoyed our 10 day stay at the Mulia Resort. Perfect for a bit of R&R. A little bit out of the way but the resort is enormous so you don't really need to leave.The Sunday Brunch is a must. We live in NZ and the prices at the resort are comparable except for the wine which is extortionate. Be aware that all prices are exclusive of a 10% tax and 10% service charge it would be much better if they just displayed the full cost. That was the only negative of our whole stay. I would highly recommend the Mulia Resort.

MuliaResort, Manager at Mulia Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Lynn1985,

Warmest greetings from Mulia Resort – Nusa Dua, Bali.

We appreciate your positive comments on many aspects of the Mulia Resort.

It is delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities and services on your 10 days holiday with us.

Thank you for choosing Mulia Resort and we do hope that your great vacation will lead you back to us in the near future!

SLC
Reviewed 10 June 2014

WOW, I see why Conde Nast gave it BEST in world for 2013. We just got back today. I usually don't give reviews but this place was so over the top I have to. The staff was not only professional but so happy and friendly. in fact every person I met in bali was sweet. Desy our waitress at the buffet was extra friendly ad helpful!

Room Tip: Room are so designer you want to stay. $4000 toilets are awesome
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
MuliaResort, Manager at Mulia Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear UtahgirlSlc,

Thank you for choosing Mulia Resort - Nusa Dua, Bali, as well as taking time to share your thoughtful review on us.

It is our goal to provide professional and exceptional services to our guests, therefore your recognition of our service standard serves as a great encouragement to all of us.

We do hope that your great vacation will lead you back to us in the near future where once again you may enjoy our warm hospitality.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a Jakartan and know how top-notched Mulia Hotel has been.

Making restaurants in Mulia Jkt one of our favorites, we were very excited to try a stay in Bali.

Design is contemporary-modern. Resort is HUGE. Room is big, and pretty.

My fave corner is the
 bathroom. Big with 2 sinks, automatic toilet, very fine shower room and a bath tub.

Tub is so enough for my size but too small for husband.

The room is good for couples, you wont be able to cover the see-thru glass wall of the bathroom overlooking the bedroom. Since it was me and my husband, we found this no problem at all. But I heard some who stayed with a friend felt uncomfortable. Maybe a rollable curtain will be good to consider.

Balcony is big, remember not to hang dry clothes or anything. With the resort area being so well-maintained and beautiful I agree with this strict rule.

TV is a smart TV 46 inch just good for quite a big room.

They have a very clean nice Kids Club, inside you'll find the women in charge playing and entertaining the kids around 5-10 years old. When I entered with my 15 month old baby, they didnt greet at all though, just asking the number of my hotel room. Maybe they only play with older kids? I dont know, a warm greeting to my very cheerful baby would be good though, but anyway we were playing alone with quite good but not so many toys inside. The plus is this place is really really clean, love it!

Breakfast is good with lots of varieties. The Cafe is my favorite hotel buffet, we like dining at the one in Jakarta, a fully paid buffet, not a breakkie buffet, and OMG they never fail to satisfy my picky tounge. Of course the choices of the breakfast do not vary as
many as the full buffet but for breakfast, it is
more than enough.

Considering Mulia Nusa Dua was newly run, perhaps details havent been thoroughly run??? I found details of decoration in Jkt Mulia more stunning with lots of efforts, but maybe Mulia Bali is a different concept of design.

As an Asian I dont sunbath at all, even feel disturbed with the heat from the scorching sun. So that morning when I was lying down under the big shade of trees on a daybed, everything was perfect until an hour later shades were gone. All sun umbrellas were not yet put up in the morning. When I requested one, the sunumbrella guy said they couldnt do it because they only put up umbrellas in afternoons, afraid that wind would blow in the morning and umbrellas might fall. This wasnt a good excuse at all. Management needs to be really flexible on this issue. Didnt make sense at all. No wind in the morning at all. In fact wind blew so strong in the afternoon before sunset and know what? Umbrellas were all put on. I cant accept this one weird rule, but I didnt argue with the umbrella guy at all knowing they only followed a weird rule.
I just went back to hotel room despite my child's excitement playing with the sand. So she stopped playing, too.

Pool towels need to be made sure always available for guests. Pools are popular but towel guy was not always there, and the pool basket ran out of towels, so again my child got so cold without towel and had to rush back to hotel room, was dangerous she might slip because I couldnt dry her body.

Internet was complimentary if we signed up as a member upon the check-in. Dunno of this was a promo, but I got it free, but had a problem logging in, kept going back to main login page and wouldnt connect, not a big deal for me since I didnt expect it to come free, too having read reviews here.

Yeah the hotel was mostly occupied by Asian guests, mostly Indonesians, Japanese, Chinese??? We'd prefer it to have other continent's guests too to make us feel more in a holiday mood??? Hahaha.

Dined at Soleil which was beyond expectation. We have always been fan of Mulia's restaurants, all are superb. Especially this one guy named Lugiano at the restaurant who served us. He was serving wholeheartedly, a funny guy too and very friendly. Food was awesome awesome awesome and prices were not expensive at all compared to Kayuputi next door (St. Regis) hahahaha.

So despite our expectations on those things we wish to be better, we werent disappointed at all. I would say I didnt like the atmosphere of the seaside or beach in there, too crowded with daybeds put up too close to each other and, but as one who dont enjoy outdoor so much, I was satisfied with the hotel room, food, and hospitality. Service could be better, I know.they'll improve!

It's Mulia anyway, you couldnt be too disappointed that you dont wanna return. I absolutely will come back!

2 Thank 270885jakarta
Dear 270885jakarta,

Warmest greetings from Mulia Resort – Nusa Dua, Bali.

Thank you for residing with us and it is a pleasure to learn that everything we offered you along your stay has lived up to your expectation and that you departed our shores with a very nice impression of our service and facilities.

Your highlight regarding our staff is highly appreciated and we have extended with the whole team for their motivation and we do hope that your memorable experience will bring you back to Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali in the near future.

Peregian Beach
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent a week in Bali working on an event and then had 3 days relaxing at the Mulia and it was amazing. One minor negative so I'll get them out of the way. It took forever to check in, the particular receptionist we had was courteous but not friendly and was very slow. We arrived at 12pm and check in wasn't until 3pm and our room wasn't available but they gave us a drink voucher to use while waiting for our room so not a biggie, we just left our bags and hit the pool. That aside, everything was perfect.
The hotel and grounds are impeccable, every other staff member was faultless and very friendly. Our favourite spot was the pool bar which is where we plenty of quality time, and the bar staff are sensational, they even put your beer in an ice bucket to keep it cold (love it). There are plenty of sun lounges around the pool and on the beach.
The rooms were sensational, large with fantastic beds and beautiful linen. Have to make mention of the bathrobes - best ever! The biggest novelty in the rooms are the electric toilets which have heated seats and an automatic seat lift so no fights over leaving the seat up :-)
Make sure you do the dinner and breakfast buffet, the food was delicious.

Overall it is an amazing resort and worth every cent, an experience to be had. The quality and overall service is unbeatable.
I would never stay anywhere else in Bali.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a room with a pool/ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Terri S,

Warmest greetings from Mulia Resort – Nusa Dua, Bali.

We appreciate your positive comments on many aspects of the Mulia Resort. It is delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities and services.

Our check-in time follows standard International hotel of 3 PM check-in and 12 PM check-out, this allows our team to ensure the room is thoroughly clean as we wanted to make sure the room you are staying in is comfortable.

In closing, we would like once again to thank you for choosing Mulia Resort, Nusa Dua - Bali. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our resort on your next visit to this paradise island.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

There are 2 things I regret about my stay in Mulia Bali. We did not check in early and that we stayed only for one night. We ended our Bali vacation in Mulia and it was the perfect place to do so. The hotel staff were very attentive, friendly and quick to respond. The room was spotless, the bed is just perfect, cushy and soft. The toilet is another story, you have to check in Mulia to see it for yourself. We went to the beach in the morning to watch sunrise and it was perfect. Mulia is a little far off from the city but there is a lot of activities to keep you occupied. I would have loved to just lounge on the beach and go to swim in their massive and beautiful swimming pool for 3 days in a row, and would not be bored. We went to the bar in the evening, and thoroughly enjoyed good music even with the lack of crowd. The cafe boasts a wide selection of international buffet, and I have to say that it is more delicious than the Cafe in Mulia Jakarta. All in all, Mulia scores 10 out of 10 in everything. It won't dissapoint. Also, the villas were stunning. You have to check out the view of the ocean from there! Thank you Mulia for our lovely stay. Will most definitely come back!!

Dear sontrs,

Warmest greetings from Mulia Resort – Nusa Dua, Bali.

We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with us. It is always rewarding for us to know that you enjoyed the resort and also The Cafe.

Certainly, we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for another amazing Mulia Resort experience!

Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It's my first time stay at Mulia resort, and I get more than I expected. Hospitality of the staff, delicious food, excellent hotel facility, many choice of pool, great view, large rooms etc. Well, this is the best 5 star hotel that I've ever stay in Bali as I was a hotel hunter in Bali for almost 6 years.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Michele A,

Thank you for your thoughtful review, as well as for choosing Mulia Resort - Nusa Dua, Bali as the best resort in Bali.

It is always rewarding for us to know that everything we offered you along your stay has lived up to your expectation.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you for another amazing Mulia Resort experience!