“Love it!”

Mulia Resort
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
“Love it!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is the best hotel I stayed in so far. The staff was really friendly and the food is really great. I love the design of the hotel and everything about it. The beach is really clean and it's great to stay here for a longer period.

Dear Tessa M,

Thank you for choosing Mulia Resort – Nusa Dua, Bali as the best resort on your reviews of destination list. We are happy to learn that you had a great memorable experience with our facilities and services.

We look forward to the time we can welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

The Management of Mulia Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Indonasia
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

It is a luxurious hotel with scenic ocean view starting from the end of the lobby. It is very clean, and the food in Soleil are excellent and also the breakfast menus are so many choices ... there are a lot of security guards every corner that make you feel secure ... the hotel also has its private beach that also guarded by security officers and life guards

• Stayed August 2014
Dear budiono B,

Thank you for your valuable review on your recent luxurious vacation at Mulia Resort. We are happy to learn that you were impressed with our facilities and services; and definitely looking forward to your upcoming stay with us.

With best regards,
Rimini, Italy
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed at the Mulia for a week and while I overall enjoyed the experience, I still have mixed feelings about it. To make it easier, I'll divide things: what I liked and what I didn't.

WHAT I LIKED:
The beach. Mulia is located in Nusa Dua, on a large, white sandy beach. There's a coral reef in this part of the island making the water very calm and perfect for swimming and water sports (not surfing), ideal and safe for families with children.
The property is brand new. Well manteined and really, really huge. I'd have preferred more palms/trees/green instead of all those huge fake lakes (mosaic, non swimmable pools) but it's just my opinion.
The Mulia feels always empty and this could be a good or a bad point, it depends on what you're looking for while on holiday on this kind of resort. If you're looking for a lively and fun atmosphere you should go somewhere else. If you want to relax, enjoy the sun, the sea, and your family then you'll love it.
There are many pools to choose from (though you can't swim in the most beautiful one located in the tower 2 if you're staying in tower 1. Meh.).
Another great thing is that sunbeds by the pool and beach are always available so you don't need to wake up in the early morning to reserve one (I found this in many beach resorts throughout the world and hated it!).
The gym is very well equipped.
The Japanese restaurant is delicious (try their tuna carpaccio with truffle oil, is sooo good). Soleil serves an amazing cousine too, there I had one of the most perfect linguine alle vongole I've ever tasted outside of Italy. And I am Italian so you can trust me.
Service is great throughout the resort, everyone working here is very kind and you can see they're trying to do their best to make the guests feel comfortable.
Front desk/concierge is very helpful. My luggage got lost while I was flying to Bali from Europe and they were super helpful on the whole process, letting me find my bag in my room. Also the guys that picked me up at the airport were super kind.
My room, a Grandeur Deluxe, was big enough for two, well appointed, clean, with a nice balcony (smokers aware, smoking is not allowed in the balcony!). Bathroom is huge, with lots of amenities, a super nice shower, bathtub, and the coolest Japanese Toto WC (lol).

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
Breakfast in The Cafe is a kind of mess sometimes (it depends on what time you go there, around 8 in the morning there could be even a waiting line to get a table). Actually that was the only time of the day the resort felt populated. Lot of food to choose from, even sushi and Chinese (because of the amount of Asians guests). I only was expecting to find more fresh fruit.. The fruit choice was kinda limited, even at bars where they tend to use juice concentrate/syrups in the cocktails. and not real fruit. And to be honest pastries were not not that good, considering they even have a pastry shop at the resort (I guess their super-advertised cronuts are available only there, as I couldn't see any at the breakfast buffet).
At night the whole resort is very, very quiet. I walked around the property at the evening and the only people I found were the guys from the security. Restaurants are in weird locations, located in between corridors with no views and no atmosphere. When on holiday in tropical countries I like to have dinner with beach/garden views, with airy outside seating.. At Mulia I felt like I was eating in a mall restaurant. Such a pity because as I said I found the Japanese Edogin really good (wine list was really poor tho). Very few people around, I guess it's because almost everyone tend to go out of the property for dinner. The only restaurant with a good location is Soleil, right on the Ocean Pool but again, the place is huge and with only a few people inside, feels empty and kinda sad.
The problem with bars is the same. At night everyone disappears and while they pump tunes at the resorts night club ZJ's trying to make it a cool place to hang out in the evening, no one goes there. Sad. We got even offered some vouchers for free drinks at their bars but ended up that we didn't use them because we were not feeling like to sit in an empty place. I guess that paying a few fashion bloggers to post resort pics on Instagram trying to give a hype to the place is not working.
As I previously said, beach here is beautiful and honestly is one of the main reasons why I choose to stay at Mulia. Only thing that I'd have appreciated would be a sort of complimentary beach service. I mean, in many 5 stars resorts I experienced free water by the pool or beach, even little snacks like fruit and ice cream. Not here. At Mulia you pay for everything, even for their house bottled water (that you can find for free in you room of at the gym). Seriously?
While there I had to print 2 sheets (1 in b/w and the other one in colors) at their Business Center and I had to pay even for that. Never happened before.
Wifi is free only if you join their loyalty program but the connection sucked most of the times. Honestly I would not pay for this kind of wifi.
You have to pay even for non motorized water activities like kayaks, paddle board, etc. While in Bali I found this kind of activities for free in most of the beach clubs I've been to, can't get why I have to pay for them in my resort.

Overall I had a good stay here. I got a good rate, I relaxed, enjoyed the sun and did what I wanted to do in Bali.
Would I come back to the Mulia? Probably not. The offer in Bali for 5 stars resorts is so huge that I most likely would try another property and maybe even another part of the island.
Would I suggest this resort to a friend? It really depends on what you're looking for. I think it's the perfect place for families with little children and for those in need of a tranquil place where to relax and enjoy the beach.

7 Thank interpol81
melbourne
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at the mulia resort in july/august for 5 nights with my husband and 2 adult daughters.had adjoining ocean court rooms which looked onto the pool area.
the rooms were large fresh and spacious-very comfortable beds-lots of cupboard space-bathrooms beautiful-toilets amazing (electric)with lovely amenities provided-superb modern fittings-bath shower etc.
check in was quick and easy-very friendly efficient staff working at the front desk-unfortunately we were there at the peak time and the hotel was fully booked so the lobby area seemed to be always very full of people and looked like many sightseerers who weren't actually staying at hotel-just looking which was annoying.
when we realised that the hotel was full the check in desk helped us to book dinner reservations as all the restaurants in the hotel were fully booked,and they managed to get us in .
breakfast was included in our rate but if you got to breakfast after 8 am there were long queues of people waiting and although the bfast room is large it was very busy.i think the hotel needs to open another breakfast area to cope with the busy times.
the buffet dinner served in the main restaurant was very nice-good value for money-desserts are excellent
we and dinner at soleil-lovely room-beautiful atmosphere and excellent service-prices are reasonable but the serving sizes are very small.would be better to serve larger portions and charge more.
the main reason we went to the mulia was to sit on the beach-at this time of the year (which we didn't know) it is very windy on the beach so you couldn't really sit on the beach-plus my husband needs to sit in the shade but the hotel would not let us put up the umbrella on the beach due to the wind-even though the umbrella is in a concrete stand !!!!also the chairs are a long way from the water and its not like the picture they use to advertise at all-there is a hill/slope so from where the chairs are you cannot see where the water hits the shore.if you were there with young chn you would not be able to sit and watch as you would be too far away.the pool by the beach although lovely was quite noisy with children etc and also lots of tourists walking around looking.
we chose to sit at the courtyard/cascade pool which was secluded and protected from the wind-but at this pool we were not allowed to put the umbrellas down.if a customer wants the umbrella down it should be allowed-they were more worried obviously in the aesthetics and how the pool looked.
the service around the pool was excellent though-very friendly eager to please staff.a nice touch would be to provide free water around the pool areas.there is free water provided in rooms but if you want a bottle of water around the pool you must pay.there are also private cabanas and another large lap pool, and a children's pool.it would be nice if at least one of the pools was adult only for people like us with no young children.
the bali collection shopping area is 5 minutes away in a taxi-and we went one night to jimbaran bay for dinner which was 1/2 hour away by taxi.
we did enjoy our stay but were put off by the size of the hotel and queues for breakfast. the main reason we chose this hotel was for the beach and we couldn't sit on it or swim in the sea so we would not return again.

Room Tip: i wouldn't want any lower category than ocean court facing into the pool area as you would be lo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MelbourneNicole
Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nice environment
Great Staff
Great view
Great pool

It was an amazing experience. We have great times as family. The outdoor activity was great, kids corner was fun, the breakfast buffet was the best, nice room, nice bathroom, nice shower, great pool and great view.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Eddy W,

Thank you for choosing Mulia Resort – Nusa Dua, Bali for your recent vacation and sharing your great holiday experience with us.

We appreciate your thoughtful reviews on the service and facilities and hope to welcoming you again on your next return for another amazing Mulia Resort experience.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

One of the best resort I've stay in, every thing was perfect not one thing to complain about. I was looking for at least something to disappointing but nothing meet every expectations. My wife and I would stay there again in a heart beat. 5 star +++

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jordan T,

Thank you for choosing Mulia Resort – Nusa Dua, Bali as the best Resort on your leisure destination list.

We are happy to hear that everything we offered has lived up to your expectation and we look forward to welcoming you back for another amazing Mulia Resort experience.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed in Garden suite in good price for 4 days. There are always nice people around the resort with sincere smile. Moreover, the pool with beach view is astonishing. The cafe and soleil restaurant are realy worth to visit again& again(you could also walk along the beach in 10mins to st. regis restaurant if you're seeking other experience). Overall, Mulia resort is perfect for doing nothing but relaxing.

Dear Allen S,

We are happy to know that you had a great experience while staying with us and hope that your memorable experience will lead you back to us in the near future.