“What a wonderful weekend !”

Samabe Bali Suites & Villas
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Jakarta, Indonesia
“What a wonderful weekend !”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had one of the ocean view villas with a pool and it was breathtakingly beautiful ! The staff were so friendly and helpful. The area it is situated in itself is paradise, with panoramic views of the sea. We had a great time gazing at the stars in the evening with a telescope which each of the rooms have. This was after the superb meal we had in the restaurant which left all our taste buds with goosebumps of excitement. Probably one of the best meals I've experienced in some time. I felt extremely safe and spoiled throughout our short but wonderful few days. I will definitely be going back !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sinnibean
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Sinnibean,

Greetings from awesome Bali!

Reading your review has put a smile on my face. It is great to know that you were so happy during your stay with us.

I’m glad you enjoyed all the surroundings, views and the starry night sky so much. It’s exactly why we’ve placed the telescopes in the rooms, just so that all our guests have a wonderful experience and some extra fun.

I was particularly happy to learn that you felt safe and spoiled at our resort. It’s an honor for us that you mentioned your meal at our restaurant as one of the best you’ve had. Your kind words of appreciation have been passed on to our chef and the kitchen staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Ralf Luthe, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have mix feelings writing about this hotel. They just opened last June so of course the hotel is new and nice with wonderful beachfront view. We celebrated our 15th anniversary at their Studio Plan suite with private pool and bathtub with full window glass overlooking the ocean, it was perfect. Until the last afternoon we spent there, when a pool man and a gardener passed through our front yard, passing our private pool while we were in the bathtub enjoying the ocean view. I was shocked!! It was not supposed to be a pathway for people to pass by. I felt my privacy had been violated. How come a 5 star hotel can let this happen ? They took the complaint well, but since then I always pulled down the curtain feeling unsafe. It was such a waste having a beautiful view in front of you but you could not enjoy it. Same thing happened in their so called "private beach". There were like 5- builders wandering around the beach since next to them was Ritz Carlton still building up or maybe they were theirs, I was not sure. But I was not comfortable being there nor feel safe. There was no security either. They need improvement on this area for sure. With this experience, I don't feel to come back to this hotel in the future though I travel to Bali once a year with my family.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cheerful71
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Cheerful71,

Greetings from Luxury side of Paradise!

Thank you for your honest and objective review. I’m very sorry your experience at Samabe was anything less than perfect. We understand that total privacy is an essential part of a luxurious holiday experience our guests expect and deserve. I am therefore extremely disappointed to learn that our staff may have unintentionally interrupted your retreat and that your romantic celebration turned sour on the last day. Please accept my sincere apologies. We have investigated this incident further and taken immediate action to avoid any such unpleasant occurrences in the future.

In regards to our private beach, the safety of our guests is our number one priority. We assign security staff to the beach to give our guests a peace of mind and to assure their protection.

Last but not least I’d like to thank you for spending your 15th Anniversary at Samabe and I trust that despite the few hick-ups along the way your stay here was pleasant and memorable. I understand you were very happy with all our amenities, like the private pool and bathtub with full ocean view. As you’ve pointed out, we are a relatively new resort; open and upfront comments about our performance can only have a positive impact on our quest for excellence. So, I’d like to thank you again for your feedback and can only hope that you will still consider Samabe as your destination for your future visits to our beautiful island.

Berlin, Deutschland
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We had one of the two bedroom ocean pool villas and it was just great. We had our own pool with sunbeds and a nice dining area outside. The bathroom of the masterbedroom is especially beautiful and big.

The staff was very helpful and nice, especially the german guy who did an internship there was very helpful (i forgot his name...sorry :))

Breakfast was the biggest choice of food i have ever seen in my life. They even had sushi!!!

A very special thing was also the afternoon tea, which you could have either in the room or down by the pool. But you did not only get tea, no you also got bagels,sandwiches and cake. Very nice.

all in all we really enjoyed our stay and i would definitely come back!

Room tipp: the two room villa looks much nicer than the one room suite that is in a big building.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Isabel A
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Isabel A,

Greetings from the Island of Gods!

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am truly happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our resort, in particular the service you received from our staff members. At Samabe we pride ourselves in making our guests feel most comfortable. I’ll be only too happy to pass your kind words of appreciation to our team, including Tobias, the German intern you’ve mentioned here.

I’m also glad you were delighted with our wide selection of “anytime, anywhere” breakfast menu. Our guests have a choice of all their favorite victuals including a variety of tropical fruits, fresh in-house baked breads and pastries, hot food such as pizza, sausages, bacon or soup, just too much to mention everything, (and yes, even sushi). If you don’t feel like having a buffet style breakfast we have an a la cart menu available too. And you can enjoy your breakfast not just in the morning in the restaurant, but also in the afternoon at the pool or on the beach, should you choose so, anywhere within our resort.

I’m extremely pleased to know we have satisfied all your expectations to the fullest, including the afternoon tea which is complimentary for all our guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Good things first: location and hotel itself is simply wonderful. We spent our anniversary there and due to mixed reviews and personal importance of this vacation I approached the hotel before the trip to make sure we won't experince similar problems.
Return email was very nice and proffessional and I felt reassured about this booking. However, it turned out we had to face major noise issues (construction work at the room above as at midday when our baby was supposed to nap which obviously was not possible considering hammering and drilling noises. Also we were woken up by such noises at 6.15am)
Door to our suite was left open after room-service and when I inquired about a massage at 8.05pm I was told last treatment takes place at 8pm. Really small things but shoudnt happen at a 5Start property.
Probably most disappointing is that I approached management about what happened and wrote an email as well when we got home and never heard back at all.
This is a real unpleasant customer service experience and I am still disappointed about how it affected this trip which was meant to be just special and relaxing.
Given that we will most likely never return to this spot again even though we live in SEA and go to Bali frequently.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank julekl
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear Julekl,

Greetings from Bali, Indonesia!

I am happy to hear that you consider our hotel “simply wonderful” and that you appreciate our strategic location. I am however truly sorry to hear about your experience during your stay with us and please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointments you have encountered especially regarding the noise issues.

Your comments regarding the Room Service leaving your door open and the difficulty you had booking your spa treatment just 5 minutes passed the official last treatment time come as a surprise to me, please rest assured that your comments will be discussed with the respective heads of departments to avoid re-occurrence in the future.

As we are currently in the final stages of fine tuning our brand-new resort before our approaching grand opening there are some rare occasions where we are adjusting our set-up. We do however strive to do this without any inconvenience to our guests. Clearly on this occasion we have failed in our strive and for this I apologize.

I hope to have an opportunity to discuss with you further, and to invite you back for a true Samabe experience. Please contact me at luthe@samabe.com anytime at your convenience.

Yours Sincerely,

General Manager.
Portsmouth UK
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We are currently staying at Samabe Bali with only one full day left sadly on our vacation. We have a 1bed villa with a fantastic outlook, lovely gardens in front and a view of the ocean. As with any new resort you expect a few teething problems, however any we have encountered have been dealt with quickly and efficiently by the amazing staff at this resort.
We had asked to go on the shuttle bus to Bali collection and when this was half an hour late the resort insisted on taking us there and picking us up in the resort car, a lovely touch.
The staff here are exceptional and go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and never stop smiling, a particularly nice touch is the wonderful music that greets you to breakfast every morning with 2 Balinese musicians in the Libby and the lovely ladies waiting to offer flowers as you arrive.
The food is first class and a meal in the Crystal Blue restaurant is highly recommended Doni was our waiter and simply could not have been more helpful, from Aris the butler to Widy another exceptional waiter and the lovely housekeeping staff we have felt like royalty our entire visit.
The beach is down a number of steps but well worth the visit and the and you may even get to see the monkeys.
The food here is of an extremely high standard and the chef's are to be highly commended for the amazing dishes they produce, we have eaten off site only once and would not be tempted to do so again it simply does not compare.
In all this is a resort I highly recommend visiting before it becomes too popular As it inevitably will do.

Room Tip: If you can afford it chose a villa large comfortable and private
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kevincallum
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Kevincallum,

Warm greetings from Bali, Indonesia!

Thank you for staying with usat Samabe Bali Resort & Villas recently. We are joyful to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and described it as a “perfect relaxing vacation” with “amazing staff”. I will make sure that your very kind comments about Aris, Widy, the housekeeping and kitchen teams will be shared to the persons directly, I am sure that they will be delighted to hear that their work is appreciated!

Once again, thank you for choosing us to stay during your last vacation to Bali, and we hope that we are able to welcome you back home in the future as we live by our motto; “Arrive as a Guest, Depart as a Friend, Return as Family”!

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Just what the doctor ordered. We have worked in travel sales for six years, seen many hotels and resorts around the world and we feel right a home here. Huge villas. Wonderfully appointed. Great resort facilities. Friendly staff. Can't go wrong

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Luke H,

Warm greetings from Bali, Indonesia!

I would like to thank you for your recent stay in our brand new resort and it delights me that you feel right at home, which is exactly what the entire team strives to achieve.

Thank you for singling out our “Friendly Staff”, “Wonderfully appointed huge villa’s” and “great resort facilities”. These are great motivators for our team and will definitely be shared to all.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at the Samabe in July this year when they had only just opened and liked it so much that we returned for a 3 week stay in September.
The resort is in a great location being in the south of Bali, away from the mosquitoes, pollution and overpopulation of more developed areas like Seminyak yet within 20 minutes drive of the airport, the shopping and restaurants of Jimbaran and the stunning cliff top resorts of Uluwatu (which are close enough to visit for lunch or dinner). The resort's car is available to drive you to the destination of your choice, in the Nusa Dua area, in the afternoons and evenings at no charge. It's roughly a 30 minute drive to the restaurants and shopping in Seminyak. The traffic is much better now that the new freeway and underpass are open.
The best thing about this resort is the privacy and the luxury of space. There are only about 80 suites and villas spread out over a large piece of land. As all the villas and some of the suites have their own swimming pools, the main pool is deliciously empty and I was usually able to have the middle pool all to myself to do my laps (and the gym to myself to workout). My children and their friends were able to have one of the other main pools to themselves every day, so we didnt have to worry too much about disturbing the very few other guests at the pool. The suites are beautifully fitted out and enormous. We measured ours on the 3rd floor to be approx 120msq, with a shower of almost 6msq. We had two queen size beds and a single bed, so we had no trouble fitting our two children in the one suite with us which made it a very affordable luxury holiday. The suites are stunning as they are built right on the edge of the cliff with enormous windows.
Breakfast in the main restaurant is delightful as the main restaurant is very quiet (many guests must choose to breakfast in the villas) and cool, being surrounded by an acre of ponds and fountains. Many of the breakfast tables have daybeds attached, so our family was able to spend hours lingering over the very impressive mix of la carte and buffet while our kids played iPads and board games on the daybeds with their friends without troubling any other guests, as the few tables are spaced very far apart.
We stayed at Samabe for 3 weeks in July and 3 weeks in September/October but the children didn't get bored, as the hotel offers lots of complimentary activities like catamaraning, canoeing and most especially Balinese cooking classes, which we just loved! We also tried the cultural activities, wood carving and batik making. Kids club is complimentary and the lady in the kids club is fantastic as she actually sits and plays with the kids rather than just supervising and instructing them. The sports manager is also good with the kids and he took my boys out of the kids club for more sporty activities, like water polo, which they loved, on the kids club lady's day off. I can also highly recommend his 9am yoga class (also complimentary!) All minibar and non alcoholic beverages are included in the room rate, which my banana smoothie ordering (and Sprite stealing from the minibar) children enjoyed immensely!
The chef, Peter, was incredibly professional and accommodating, making special meals for my boys when they were unwell and for their friends (who had food allergies)....not to mention special afternoon teas every day when they tired of sweet things... and chocolate cakes for 3 of our birthdays!
This resort is still in its soft opening phase and some finishing was still being carried out on the staff training, beach and in the buildings while we were there. We didnt mind at all because the staff made such an enormous effort to make us happy every step of the way and the general manager is so efficient and accessible that any suggestions that I had about possible improvements to the grounds or service were instantly acted upon. Overall, the service was just amazing at every level. We cannot praise our butler, Ophan, highly enough (Ah, the luxury of having your own butler!) He did everything and more, from organising our outings, to unpacking and packing for us, to helping carry our mountain of toys to and from the pool every day. Most importantly, he became a trusted friend to our children.
I didn't try the spa but my friends, who were on the limited privileges program and paid about US$34nett for a 1 hour massage, thought it was very good value for a 5 star hotel.
We have already planned to return to Samabe for our next holiday!

Room Tip: The suites without a pool have more internal living area than the suites with a pool, so are probabl...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia H
Dear Julia H,

Warm greetings from Bali, Indonesia!

It was a great delight to welcome you back to Samabe Bali Resort & Villas for your second visit, and with pleasure I have read your very detailed review highlighting our facilities and services.

I am also very pleased that you were happy with your butler Ophan as well as gave praise to our Executive Chef Peter, I will make sure that your comments will be shared directly to them.

Once again thank you very much for your stay, and I hope to welcome you back home soon for your nest trip!