“Great in about everything!”

Samabe Bali Suites & Villas
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
“Great in about everything!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We wanted an easy 3 day break from Singapore as a baby moon and we chose this resort by chance really on Expedia!! We absolutely loved it, the location is amazing (sea view for pretty much every place you stay in), the personnel although somewhat still learning the trade is the most caring and available you could find, and one thing that my wife and I found to be under rated or yet to be discovered (we were the only ones eating there) is their dinner at Crystal Blue, the view is superb and the food was simple but superb!!!
We were also very lucky to be upgraded from a Samabe Pool suite (which was great to start with) to a one bedroom villa because thunderstorm hit the Air Con in the suites! move was quick and smooth, and villa was breathtaking!!!!

So all in all an amazing experience at Samabe Bali, I would really recommend it to anybody that looks for a quiet and luxurious stay in Bali, it will be something you will remember!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Frognoccan,

Greetings from Samabe Bali Suites & Villas,

It was a pleasure to have you and your wife as guests at our resort. Thank you for spending your baby moon at Samabe. I am very happy you loved the ocean view so much. I myself never get tired of it, although I look at it every day.

I am glad that you enjoyed your meal at Crystal Blue and thank you for sharing your experiences with the Tripadvisor readers here. Our restaurant Crystal Blue Ocean Grill indeed is a perfect place for a memorable romantic dinner, with the magnificent ocean panorama, quiet and private ambience, and delicious cuisine.

I also would like thank you for your feedback regarding our employees. I am pleased you were well taken care of when the thunderstorm hit the air conditioner and that the move was quick and smooth. It is extremely important to us that problems like this are quickly resolved with absolute minimum inconvenience to our guests. As a GM it is very satisfying for me to know that our staff are so efficient and friendly in resolving any issues that may arise.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Samabe soon.

Ralf Luthe, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We wanted ocean view, and you get it at this resort. A number in nusa dua claim this, but are very far back. As this is etched into the cliff top it has amazing views.
We stayed in a ocean pool suite with limited privileges.
We toyed between the idea of all inclusive, but we prefer to explore a bit so often find it a bit of waste. My recommendation if you are planning to only stay in the resort would be all inclusive. The meals are amazing, but mostly fine dining - the mains were around 300k rph, entree around 150k - and their are four courses. So you could easily rack up the justification if staying permanently in the resort.
Unfortunately the casual meal - ie just quick and easy like sandwiches, is fairly limited - so stock up on breakfast! - the breakfast selection was also good - the manager and head chef clearly take a lot of pride in the place and want everything to go well.
The in room selection was actually quiet good, but we were left a little underwhelmed as the food was relatively cool by the time it had made it to our room (it seems the kitchen is all the way at the top, so can take some time to get down to the front if that is where you are situated). However the mini bar, including beers replenished daily, and free flowing fruit juices and coffees through the day (coffee and juices at any area of the resort) is a great touch.
Unfortunately the service phone rang out a few times - I put this down to being chinese new years and being possibly the first big rush.
Information on the resort (apart from what you find on the net) is also a little limited - you get a welcome letter, but their are a lot of features of the resort you may be unaware of, or where they are - for example the beach - (yes, their are over 140 steps down, but, when it says it is a cliff top resort, what else would you expect?) the beach has some nice sunlounges, and also one of the caves is setup with tables for you to relax in - they also serve you drinks down there. There seems to be some decking that they are working on also at the beach, but not quiet sure as there isn't any info...
This is a great new resort, and these small teething issues are to be expected - more info the better I say.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Neil S
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Neil S,

Greetings from Samabe Bali Suites & Villas,

Thank you for staying at Samabe and for your positive feedback following your recent experience with us. I am thrilled you had a memorable holiday and you enjoyed the amazing ocean view from your suite. Indeed, the uninterrupted Indian Ocean panorama is our stand out feature and the resort has been designed to fully take advantage of its cliff top location.

As you rightly pointed out, our all inclusive “Unlimited Privileges” package is specifically tailored for those guests who want to have everything taken care of at the resort, including all the meals, but I’m glad you found the “Limited Privileges” more to your liking, as it’s better suited to visitors who are keen to experience more of the Balinese hospitality outside of the resort.

Just for the benefit of our readers, the Limited Privileges package includes a number of services and attractions anyway, like the 24-hour butler service, anywhere and any time breakfast, access to amenities and activities like yoga or tai chi, complimentary use of non-motorized water sport equipment, and many more. For the full list of Limited and Unlimited Privileges please follow the link below:

I was troubled, Neil, that you found the service anything less than perfect. Yes, Chinese New Year is a busy period, but this is never an excuse for us. As you noted in your review, we put a huge amount of effort into making sure everything is smooth and seamless, especially in the area of customer service. That’s why I’ve taken steps to address the couple of issues you’ve raised and I want to thank you for bringing those to our attention. Candid and honest feedback helps us to constantly improve our service to fully meet our guests’ expectations.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Samabe soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This was our 6th trip to Bali and the Samabe resort exceeded all our expectations on every level. Ralf the GM and his experienced team provide a luxurious, comfortable and exquisite setting for a relaxing and stress free holiday.
The cocktail party was a nice touch with great entertainment from the village children. The staff interacted with sophisticated ease amongst the international guest list. Maria was a stand out in terms of welcoming us and ensuring we were well looked after.
The setting is breathtaking with ocean views available from our living, bedroom and bathroom areas. The gardens are thoughtfully and well maintained and are a pleasure to wander through.
The day spa was a luxurious experience, with both my daughter and myself having a variety of treatments each day. Yuni and Dewi were exceptional therapists.
Each day started with yoga before breakfast and the shot glasses of individual fruit and vegetable juices a nice touch. Breakfast was a sophisticated combination of cuisines exquisitely presented.
A luxurious resort with the comfort and ease of your own home.
We leave tomorrow but will be back!

Room Tip: The ocean front suites are a great option.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann P
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Ann P,

Greetings from Samabe Bali Suites & Villas,

It was a pleasure to have you, your husband and your daughter as our guests at Samabe and meeting you personally at our management cocktail party. I’m glad you had a great time. We usually hold the management cocktail party on Thursday or Friday’s to develop a closer relationship with our guests, to hear what our guests have to say and to listen to their particular needs. Marice Maria, our PR Manager, always attends the party and I have forwarded your compliments to her. She’s sending her greetings to you and your family in Perth.

I am very pleased you had such a relaxing and stress free holiday. Mother Nature blessed Samabe with a beautiful blue ocean view and tranquil surroundings. Just spending time in such atmosphere is already calming and relaxing itself. But it doesn’t stop there, we want to spoil our guests with various spa treatments and as you’ve pointed out, the yoga sessions are a great way to unwind. I have passed your compliments to our therapists; Yuni and Dewi. They were very happy that you’ve mentioned their names and recognized their work and passion. At this moment our Galangal Spa is a contender in the World Luxury Spa Awards 2014; we always aim for the best and strive to constantly keep improving our services.

At Samabe our slogan is “arrive as a guest, depart as a friend, and return as family”, I am very happy you felt at ease and at home here. It makes me proud of my team and that the slogan is reflected in our daily work ethic.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Samabe soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Having just spent 14 days in a one bed villa with pool,(27) perfect to revitalise ones battery, the food was first class the staff perfect in every way, as it is a new hotel complex it's at this time undiscovered great for us.

Well done to all looking forward to coming back in 2016

Room Tip: if you like to be at the heart of the action this is not the hotel for you, its out of town
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank John R
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear John,

Greetings from Samabe Bali Suites & Villas,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at Samabe. I am extremely happy to learn you had such a great holiday and returned home feeling so relaxed and rejuvenated. I loved to read that you enjoyed the cuisine and that you were perfectly satisfied with our service. Thank you for your generous compliments. Reading positive review like yours motivates us more to meet our guests’ expectation.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to our peaceful resort in 2016.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Its not often that I take the time to write on these sites, people just seem to complain, but credit were credit is due to Samabe.
It has been the perfect place to recharge. I dont normaly go for the all inclusive package but just felt like a holiday that we could switch off and not think too much about anything. I'm much happier with the decission to go to Bali over Thailand (gettting much more for our Euro and USD in Indonesia now). We chose Samabe over other hotels because it is brand new, its location is special and they offered the all inclusive package. The food in this package was so much more than we expected, the standard and variety was outstanding, Indonesian, Western and everything in between. If I had a complaint it would be that sometimes it was not as hot as we would have liked, but this seems to be the case everywhere in Asia.

The ammenities and gardens are , as you would expect, first class. The staff knew my name by the second day and I was greeted and spoken to like a long term guest rather than a first time visitor. They always seemed to go the extra mile, nothing was too much trouble from check in to our butler (this is such a treat and total pampering). I have the view from my villa terrace as my screen saver and am already planning my return visit, this time with some friends.

Well done Samabe staff, looking forward to seeing you again.

Room Tip: Every room comes with an incredible view, you cant go wrong.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Duncan87
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Duncan,

Greetings from picturesque Bali.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was thrilled to learn you had such a relaxing stay at Samabe. Our Unlimited Privileges package is specifically designed for our guests to immerse themselves in total luxury and take a vacation from having to make all the decisions. It’s a holiday for body, mind and soul. The resort is truly blessed with its magical location; the breathtaking ocean panorama just adds sparkle to this wonderful experience.

I’m glad you enjoyed the variety of different cuisines we have on offer; we try to really spoil our guests for choice and taste. And it’s fantastic to know our staff made you feel so welcome and at ease here. We understand that the quality service we provide is the basis for a good relationship with the guests.

We look forward to your next visit and we’ll be delighted to meet your friends as well.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and I was really sad to leave.. We booked the oceanview suite and were completely blown away by the beautiful scenery right in front of the balcony. The room itself was clean, spacious, and well-decorated; very modern with a touch of balinese resort style. The food was pretty good and staffs were always friendly and attentive. We love the avocado juice and foie gras salad so much that we kept ordering them over during our stay. Overal, I enjoyed staying here and would like to return again one day.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank JstephanieT
Dear Stephanie,

Greetings from stunning isle of Bali.

Thank you for your review and such positive feedback. Due to our location Samabe is indeed blessed with the most spectacular panorama of the ocean and I’m very happy you enjoyed it so much and have such great memories of your holiday. It’s good to know you loved our facilities and our cuisine, avocado juice is one of my favorites too. :-)

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again to Samabe in the future.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We’ve just returned from our amazing trip to Bali where we, me and my husband, stayed 12 nights in Samabe and what can I say - Wow! Planning our trip we even could not imagine how actually great Samabe was, it amused us a lot! Its a luxurious 5* (I’d love to say 6 stars if there where 6 stars at all) very private hotel with beautiful white sand beach, great new facilities, modern and cozy as at home and enormous size rooms and awesome friendly staff.

This was our second trip to beautiful Bali island. We chose for our holidays 1 Bedroom Ocean View Studio plan Suite which was sooo big (135sqm) and so comfortable and thoughtfully equipped that we felt like at home from the first day. You will have full unobstructed ocean view with ability to enjoy sunrise if you stay in East wing (and accordingly sunset from West wing) right from your bed! But the main attraction of the room for us was a bathtub overlooking the Indian ocean. How awesome ah?

Next, I personally want to say thanks Samabe for the butler service which was very professional and attentive and to all service staff who made us feel like VIP guests all the time and made our stay in Samabe really special. Last time we stayed in Grand Nikko Bali (which is next door to Samabe) and believe me there is such a difference. Samabe should be very proud of its great staff members. Thank you Anna and all front-desk staff for your help and lovely smiles. Also big thanks to Irul, our yoga instructor, his yoga classes helped us to relax even more and not overwhelmed our holidays with exercise. Definitely recommend to do them everyday before breakfast. And, if you want to relax completely, try Spa in Samabe. We had Honeymoon indulgence spa package which was fantastic with sauna, body wrap, anti-wrinkle facial, Ayurvedic massage and rose petal bath at the end. Love it.

Then, I’d like to say several words about food in Samabe. And again - wow! Thank you chefs for delicious food which was above all expectations. Everyday there was fine-dining breakfast with endless a la carte and buffet choices included in our stay which we enjoyed so much. Yeah, we gained some kilos but it was worth it:) Also it was so nice to have fruits, fresh juices and coffee as well as minibar included. Just imagine swimming in blue pool looking to the ocean and drinking fresh sweet balinese mango or watermelon juice. Oh, I miss it so much! There is as well a nice restaurant (Cristal Blue) if you want to wear that ‘nice new dress’ and have fine-dining dinner and also enjoy ocean view.

Finally, we had late night flight on the way back and were granted to check out at 6pm which was so good and we spent some more time at great Samabe, had dinner at the ocean and even managed to attend cocktail Christmas party at Samabe’s lounge. It was very nice to greet personally GM of Samabe there. In Samabe we really felt as friends and important guests not as customers throughout our stay.

Thank you Samabe and all its staff for our best vocation so far! We’ll come back!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank OllyZ_12
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Olly,

Greetings from Samabe Bali Suites & Villas!

It was a pleasure having you and your husband as guests at our resort and meeting you personally at our Christmas cocktail party.

I was humbled reading your review, full of kind remarks and positive feedback. It made me extremely proud of my team here at Samabe. I am very happy you had such a fantastic vacation and that we have helped make it happen. Our staff are our greatest asset and it is very reassuring to know that they do such a marvelous job. I have passed your compliments to Peter, Irul, Anna and other team members. They were very happy you had such a great time and that you have mentioned their names, recognizing their work and dedication.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with the Tripadvisor website readers and letting everyone here know about our (as you put it) great new, modern and cozy facilities. We aim to be different by ensuring friendly, lay-back atmosphere and through our impeccable service mixed with top class amenities we want to provide our guests with the most luxurious, relaxing and fulfilling holiday adventure.

At Samabe our slogan is “arrive as a guest, depart as a friend, and return as family”. I am, therefore, very pleased you felt at home here at our resort and that we’ve made such a good impression on you both. I am especially glad to know you felt as friends and that you plan to visit us again in the future; it’s exactly what we strive to achieve.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Samabe soon.

I wish both you and your husband all the best in 2014.