“Bali i am in love (again) ;))”

Samabe Bali Suites & Villas
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Bali i am in love (again) ;))”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great way to start our relaxing honeymoon
There is a reason everyone loves Bali for there honeymoon and for us the Samabe turned out to be the ultimate romantic resort to stay at, This was the first leg of our Honeymoon tour and It could not have been a better start . They pay attention to detail and are always making sure everything is perfect as possible on your stay. We will definitely be going back and have already recommended it to several of our friends.

This resort is located on a cliff area, and is much more spread out than many of the other resorts. To the beach you have to walk 160 steps , its private , clean and very romantic. The service was amazing, from the Butler who can help you set up dinner reservations and excursions to the wait staff at the restaurant. They greet you with fresh coconut water and make you feel like royalty for your whole stay. We stayed in an Ocean View Pool Villa , and I am glad that we did. The Villa is AMAZING by any means, , nice garden , private pool great view , large bathroom .

Overall I can say it was amazing to have a low-key, quiet, private and romantic resort to relax in. We took 1 excursion, tour of the island, and it was also a lot of fun. Some of the restaurants in the area are amazing as well. Thanks to our Butler’s , thanks to all staff at Samabe , we will remember you for a long time .

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Aileean
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Aileean,

Greetings from Samabe Bali Suites & Villas,

Thank you for your positive review. I am very glad to read you had a fantastic beginning of your honeymoon with us at Samabe and that you had so much fun during your stay. I am especially delighted to know that you have such fond memories of the resort and your villa, and that our staff and their services have contributed a great deal to your wonderful experience of Bali.

Our resort is indeed quiet, tranquil and peaceful. The surroundings are most suitable for a memorable romantic getaway or a such as in your case a honeymoon. We go to great lengths to ensure full privacy for all our visitors.

I am honored to read that you have recommended our resort to your friends; thank you for your kindness. Reviews like yours keep us motivated to provide top class service for our guests.

Yours sincerely,

Ralf Luthe, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I decided on a last minute long weekend in Bali, we chose Samabe because of the all inclusive package, we didnt want to be caught in traffic when going out for a meal or be hassled in the streets. We want total relaxation and pampering and thats just what we got. We were greeted discreetly at reception by the GM (this was our second visit) and within minutes we were whisked to our villa by buggy. The stress of Jakarta dropped away with the incredible view and was gone by the time I started my first massage. Bliss bliss bliss total bliss, we didnt want to check out on Sunday as planned, had our flights changed and stayed for an extra night. Thankyou Samabe staff, we will be back as soon as we can.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nenilitasari
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Nenilitasari,

Greetings from Samabe Bali Suites & Villas,

Thank you for the positive remarks in your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed yourselves at our resort again and that your weekend here turned out to be such a stress release.

Our All Inclusive package called “Unlimited Privileges” is indeed tailored for those guests who want to have everything taken care of at the resort, including all the meals. I’m glad you found it suited your needs for total relaxation. It is my pleasure to read that together with our beautiful Ocean View and relaxing massages, we have contributed to making your holiday in Bali a restful and a memorable experience.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Samabe soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We wanted an easy 3 day break from Singapore as a baby moon and we chose this resort by chance really on Expedia!! We absolutely loved it, the location is amazing (sea view for pretty much every place you stay in), the personnel although somewhat still learning the trade is the most caring and available you could find, and one thing that my wife and I found to be under rated or yet to be discovered (we were the only ones eating there) is their dinner at Crystal Blue, the view is superb and the food was simple but superb!!!
We were also very lucky to be upgraded from a Samabe Pool suite (which was great to start with) to a one bedroom villa because thunderstorm hit the Air Con in the suites! move was quick and smooth, and villa was breathtaking!!!!

So all in all an amazing experience at Samabe Bali, I would really recommend it to anybody that looks for a quiet and luxurious stay in Bali, it will be something you will remember!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Frognoccan,

Greetings from Samabe Bali Suites & Villas,

It was a pleasure to have you and your wife as guests at our resort. Thank you for spending your baby moon at Samabe. I am very happy you loved the ocean view so much. I myself never get tired of it, although I look at it every day.

I am glad that you enjoyed your meal at Crystal Blue and thank you for sharing your experiences with the Tripadvisor readers here. Our restaurant Crystal Blue Ocean Grill indeed is a perfect place for a memorable romantic dinner, with the magnificent ocean panorama, quiet and private ambience, and delicious cuisine.

I also would like thank you for your feedback regarding our employees. I am pleased you were well taken care of when the thunderstorm hit the air conditioner and that the move was quick and smooth. It is extremely important to us that problems like this are quickly resolved with absolute minimum inconvenience to our guests. As a GM it is very satisfying for me to know that our staff are so efficient and friendly in resolving any issues that may arise.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Samabe soon.

Perth
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We wanted ocean view, and you get it at this resort. A number in nusa dua claim this, but are very far back. As this is etched into the cliff top it has amazing views.
We stayed in a ocean pool suite with limited privileges.
We toyed between the idea of all inclusive, but we prefer to explore a bit so often find it a bit of waste. My recommendation if you are planning to only stay in the resort would be all inclusive. The meals are amazing, but mostly fine dining - the mains were around 300k rph, entree around 150k - and their are four courses. So you could easily rack up the justification if staying permanently in the resort.
Unfortunately the casual meal - ie just quick and easy like sandwiches, is fairly limited - so stock up on breakfast! - the breakfast selection was also good - the manager and head chef clearly take a lot of pride in the place and want everything to go well.
The in room selection was actually quiet good, but we were left a little underwhelmed as the food was relatively cool by the time it had made it to our room (it seems the kitchen is all the way at the top, so can take some time to get down to the front if that is where you are situated). However the mini bar, including beers replenished daily, and free flowing fruit juices and coffees through the day (coffee and juices at any area of the resort) is a great touch.
Unfortunately the service phone rang out a few times - I put this down to being chinese new years and being possibly the first big rush.
Information on the resort (apart from what you find on the net) is also a little limited - you get a welcome letter, but their are a lot of features of the resort you may be unaware of, or where they are - for example the beach - (yes, their are over 140 steps down, but, when it says it is a cliff top resort, what else would you expect?) the beach has some nice sunlounges, and also one of the caves is setup with tables for you to relax in - they also serve you drinks down there. There seems to be some decking that they are working on also at the beach, but not quiet sure as there isn't any info...
This is a great new resort, and these small teething issues are to be expected - more info the better I say.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Neil S
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Neil S,

Greetings from Samabe Bali Suites & Villas,

Thank you for staying at Samabe and for your positive feedback following your recent experience with us. I am thrilled you had a memorable holiday and you enjoyed the amazing ocean view from your suite. Indeed, the uninterrupted Indian Ocean panorama is our stand out feature and the resort has been designed to fully take advantage of its cliff top location.

As you rightly pointed out, our all inclusive “Unlimited Privileges” package is specifically tailored for those guests who want to have everything taken care of at the resort, including all the meals, but I’m glad you found the “Limited Privileges” more to your liking, as it’s better suited to visitors who are keen to experience more of the Balinese hospitality outside of the resort.

Just for the benefit of our readers, the Limited Privileges package includes a number of services and attractions anyway, like the 24-hour butler service, anywhere and any time breakfast, access to amenities and activities like yoga or tai chi, complimentary use of non-motorized water sport equipment, and many more. For the full list of Limited and Unlimited Privileges please follow the link below:

I was troubled, Neil, that you found the service anything less than perfect. Yes, Chinese New Year is a busy period, but this is never an excuse for us. As you noted in your review, we put a huge amount of effort into making sure everything is smooth and seamless, especially in the area of customer service. That’s why I’ve taken steps to address the couple of issues you’ve raised and I want to thank you for bringing those to our attention. Candid and honest feedback helps us to constantly improve our service to fully meet our guests’ expectations.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This was our 6th trip to Bali and the Samabe resort exceeded all our expectations on every level. Ralf the GM and his experienced team provide a luxurious, comfortable and exquisite setting for a relaxing and stress free holiday.
The cocktail party was a nice touch with great entertainment from the village children. The staff interacted with sophisticated ease amongst the international guest list. Maria was a stand out in terms of welcoming us and ensuring we were well looked after.
The setting is breathtaking with ocean views available from our living, bedroom and bathroom areas. The gardens are thoughtfully and well maintained and are a pleasure to wander through.
The day spa was a luxurious experience, with both my daughter and myself having a variety of treatments each day. Yuni and Dewi were exceptional therapists.
Each day started with yoga before breakfast and the shot glasses of individual fruit and vegetable juices a nice touch. Breakfast was a sophisticated combination of cuisines exquisitely presented.
A luxurious resort with the comfort and ease of your own home.
We leave tomorrow but will be back!

Room Tip: The ocean front suites are a great option.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann P
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Ann P,

Greetings from Samabe Bali Suites & Villas,

It was a pleasure to have you, your husband and your daughter as our guests at Samabe and meeting you personally at our management cocktail party. I’m glad you had a great time. We usually hold the management cocktail party on Thursday or Friday’s to develop a closer relationship with our guests, to hear what our guests have to say and to listen to their particular needs. Marice Maria, our PR Manager, always attends the party and I have forwarded your compliments to her. She’s sending her greetings to you and your family in Perth.

I am very pleased you had such a relaxing and stress free holiday. Mother Nature blessed Samabe with a beautiful blue ocean view and tranquil surroundings. Just spending time in such atmosphere is already calming and relaxing itself. But it doesn’t stop there, we want to spoil our guests with various spa treatments and as you’ve pointed out, the yoga sessions are a great way to unwind. I have passed your compliments to our therapists; Yuni and Dewi. They were very happy that you’ve mentioned their names and recognized their work and passion. At this moment our Galangal Spa is a contender in the World Luxury Spa Awards 2014; we always aim for the best and strive to constantly keep improving our services.

At Samabe our slogan is “arrive as a guest, depart as a friend, and return as family”, I am very happy you felt at ease and at home here. It makes me proud of my team and that the slogan is reflected in our daily work ethic.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Samabe soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Having just spent 14 days in a one bed villa with pool,(27) perfect to revitalise ones battery, the food was first class the staff perfect in every way, as it is a new hotel complex it's at this time undiscovered great for us.

Well done to all looking forward to coming back in 2016

Room Tip: if you like to be at the heart of the action this is not the hotel for you, its out of town
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank John R
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear John,

Greetings from Samabe Bali Suites & Villas,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at Samabe. I am extremely happy to learn you had such a great holiday and returned home feeling so relaxed and rejuvenated. I loved to read that you enjoyed the cuisine and that you were perfectly satisfied with our service. Thank you for your generous compliments. Reading positive review like yours motivates us more to meet our guests’ expectation.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to our peaceful resort in 2016.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Its not often that I take the time to write on these sites, people just seem to complain, but credit were credit is due to Samabe.
It has been the perfect place to recharge. I dont normaly go for the all inclusive package but just felt like a holiday that we could switch off and not think too much about anything. I'm much happier with the decission to go to Bali over Thailand (gettting much more for our Euro and USD in Indonesia now). We chose Samabe over other hotels because it is brand new, its location is special and they offered the all inclusive package. The food in this package was so much more than we expected, the standard and variety was outstanding, Indonesian, Western and everything in between. If I had a complaint it would be that sometimes it was not as hot as we would have liked, but this seems to be the case everywhere in Asia.

The ammenities and gardens are , as you would expect, first class. The staff knew my name by the second day and I was greeted and spoken to like a long term guest rather than a first time visitor. They always seemed to go the extra mile, nothing was too much trouble from check in to our butler (this is such a treat and total pampering). I have the view from my villa terrace as my screen saver and am already planning my return visit, this time with some friends.

Well done Samabe staff, looking forward to seeing you again.

Room Tip: Every room comes with an incredible view, you cant go wrong.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Duncan87
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Duncan,

Greetings from picturesque Bali.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was thrilled to learn you had such a relaxing stay at Samabe. Our Unlimited Privileges package is specifically designed for our guests to immerse themselves in total luxury and take a vacation from having to make all the decisions. It’s a holiday for body, mind and soul. The resort is truly blessed with its magical location; the breathtaking ocean panorama just adds sparkle to this wonderful experience.

I’m glad you enjoyed the variety of different cuisines we have on offer; we try to really spoil our guests for choice and taste. And it’s fantastic to know our staff made you feel so welcome and at ease here. We understand that the quality service we provide is the basis for a good relationship with the guests.

We look forward to your next visit and we’ll be delighted to meet your friends as well.