“paradise”

Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
“paradise”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Samabe is a perfect place if you are looking for a peaceful and relaxing holidays! The hotel has millions of perks starting from absolutely amazing and super polite stuff. Wanted to say thank you to every single person who helped to make our stay so nice.

Breakfasts are very very good (plenty of asian/european meals, fresh juices and exotic fruits). Swimming pool area is very beautiful and peaceful so as the beach (there are maybe like 100 steps leading to the beach but that doesn't really bother). Suits are very big and comfortable.

Honestly, I just can't say anything bad about the hotel at all. So just gonna repeat myself saying that it is a perfect place if you want to escape and relax enjoying the beauty of Bali!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Dashakom,

Thank you for your praise of our resort, facilities and services. I am glad you had such a wonderful holiday with us and that our staff members took such good care of you. It’s very rewarding when we get a positive feedback like yours. Our employees get a real buzz when they receive compliments from our guests for their attention to detail and dedication to top class service.

We are all very happy you had a great time during your vacation and left Bali with such fond memories. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back to Samabe soon.

Ralf Luthe, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at this hotel - the service is impecable and incredibly willing. Small touches that make for a really pleasant stay are plentiful, especially on the unlimited all-inclusive tariff. Things like free laundry service, insect repellent spray readily available, a well-stocked fridge with water, soft drinks and local beer, 24-hour butler service, fresh fruit and vegetable 'shots' with breakfast, daily activities that include spa treatments and a balinese cooking class - the list goes on.
As for the accomodation (we stayed in a 2-bedroom pool villa), all very well appointed with quality amenities and generous sized rooms especially the vast bathroom (the second one is pretty decent too). The beds are large and very comfortable. If I was being really picky I found the air conditioning a bit noisey (and you do have to keep it on at night) and it's difficult the get the bedrooms properly dark (that's just my personal preference however).
We very rarely go for an all-inclusive package but it really makes sense at Samabe where the quality of food from breakfast through lunch, the daily afteroon tea and dinner service are all excellent. Even the cocktails are included after 5:00pm.
The hotel itself and the grounds are kept in immaculate condition and the rooms are well maintained (and quickly fixed if something fails) - as you would expect from a relatively expensive hotel. But what made it for us is the service - I just can't speak highly enough about it. Every hotel should be like this

Room Tip: Villas are very, very good.
1 Thank G7YNH
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Glyn H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor’s readers here. We are glad to learn that your stay at Samabe was pleasant and that we surpassed your expectations. Your review put a smile on my face.

Yes Glyn, all-inclusive benefits we call “Unlimited Privileges” are a great way to enjoy a holiday at Samabe. We are very happy to know that you liked everything we have on offer. You are right, for additional USD120 ++ surcharge it is worth to upgrade to the all-inclusive package, when guests take into consideration all the benefits it comes with.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Samabe soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed 6 nights with my family including 2 young kids. If I could give it 3.5 out of 5 that would be fair – this is based on the price range and other resorts in the area. The location is very good on top of a cliff. It offers great ocean views from the suites and a few vilas (we were shown 1 and 2 bedroom vilas – some views are only OK). Ours was on the 2nd floor in the West wing which was fine. The construction and sound proofing seems to be good. The suite itself was very large with plenty of space for our family of 4. The amenities were good but bath products could be better.

The standout feature of the hotel was the infinity pool with the ocean views. The weather at this time of year is great without feeling too humid or hot. The pool temperature can be slightly cold at times but not uncomfortable. The beach on the other hand is down approximately 180 steps. Unfortunately, either due to location or currents, there seems to be a fair amount of rubbish washed up during the mornings. There is one worker there cleaning the beach, so by the afternoon there is a small patch which is sort of clean. The quality of the water is often foamy and the currents are usually strong which precludes swimming for most adults and definitely the kids. The sand is also rather coarse. If the beach is important to you then this is not the place for you.

Unfortunately, the biggest let down of the resort is the quality of the food. There are 2 restaurants – Rempah Rempah and Crystal Blue. The latter is above the pool which requires many steps if staying in the suites and serves western fare. The view there is great but so is the wind gust – blew some of the afternoon tea and glasses off. Breakfast is usually good and the cook to order concept is not new but done well. However, the buffet selection does not change from day to day. We had dinner 3 nights and lunch most days at resort. Western style cuisine was OK but many items were not done well eg. risotto, steak (was quite tough). It is disappointing that the Asian food was bad. From the dim sum to Indonesian to Thai which was either bland or just poorly cooked. It shouldn’t be too hard to hire some local chefs and get the basics of Asian right. See my review of Mulia Café buffet – there’s no comparison.

One night at Crystal Blue we left after waiting for our food for over 1 hour and 15 mins. Our kids fell asleep and went to bed without dinner. We asked for our order to be sent to the room and it finally arrived 2 hours later at 9pm after a phone call to front desk. The reason was there was a small wedding party of 10 people that night and our waitress explained that the kitchen was too busy cooking their food. There was only another table of a young couple and us. They could not cope with 16 people. So, their solution was to cook for the wedding party and just did our food after they have finished theirs. Extremely poor planning from management perspective – either close the restaurant or hire more kitchen staff – I’m sure they had advance warning of this wedding. After my email that night, the manager came to me at breakfast the next morning to apologize and did not charge us for the meal – it was the least they could do.

Service was very patchy. Most of the staff were friendly and very eager to please but some require further training and also improvement in English. Luckily I speak Malay which is almost the same as Bahasa Indonesia. Sometimes I have to repeat requests to restaurant staff in English and finally use Indonesian before the requests are understood. Some basic training is required with certain things eg. supplying small amounts of milk with English Breakfast tea – we had to ask every, single time which got very tedious. There was only one person at Rempah Rempah who knew – that was because she memorized this as our preference. When ordering tea or coffee from the Butler in our room it would take at least 20 mins. It would often arrive luke warm. Management should supply a mini kitchen on each level of suites for the butlers so that it would only take 5 mins, rather than having it sent from the restaurants. Finally we just asked for a kettle but sometimes the tea bags were not replenished.

In conclusion, this hotel is trying hard and some features such as the free mini bar, non-alcoholic drinks and butler service are positives at this price point. Yes, the cliff tops views are good but not enough to prevent guests from going to other resorts next time. Management should also send about a dozen workers in the morning to help that poor guy to clean the beach so that it can be used but mornings and afternoons. I generally try and get out of the resort and see the local sights, try local cuisine and experience the place. However, I’ve also been to places where the resort offers such a fantastic experience that we have rarely left eg. Langkawi, Malaysia and Maldives (well can’t leave the small resort islands but one doesn’t really want to leave). Unless they improve the quality of their food, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Suites all have ocean views but if going for a vila - ask for a map with vila numbers. Some have gre...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank PhotoMD
Dear PhotoMD,

Thank you for your detailed and valuable feedback. We appreciate our guests’ comments, both positive and negative. Please accept my sincere apologies for us having failed to meet your expectations during your stay with us.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you encountered with the service at Crystal Blue. I have discussed this case with the respected teams and it won’t happen again in the future. As for the wind at Crystal Blue, it is an alfresco restaurant and it’s natural to expect there will be some wind in the open space thatched-roof gazebo, as it is in Crystal Blue.

We usually receive very good comments on our food and beverages. I am sad to learn you did not like the experience. For sake of the readers here, I would like to clarify that our breakfast menu is changing daily and on average we have 17 (seventeen) new menus every day either on the buffet or a la carte. For more information about the food and beverages available at our resort, please see link below:

Please rest assured that we constantly work on improving our staff’s English skills. We conduct regular language classes for our staff. They all understand English, but some have little problem with understanding some accents and pronunciations. The only remedy is gaining the experience in communicating with people of all kinds of backgrounds and accents, which does take a little time.

I am very glad to read that despite few disappointments you still managed to have an objective review and you pointed out some great and positive aspects of our resorts like the great view, spacious rooms and some other fantastic services we have on offer. Thank you for your fair judgment.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and have a great weekend.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Huge room with magnificent ocean view. Friendly staff and nice beach. Breakfast buffet has alot of varieties and is tasty. Everything is perfect. Planning for my next trip again with my whole family soon.

Room Tip: Oceanfront suite
2 Thank Naturalist10cat
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Naturalist10cat,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you had fantastic time at Samabe and everything was to your satisfaction. I’m happy that you enjoyed the room and the ocean view from it, which is the stand out feature of our resort.

We are excited that you already planning the next trip with your whole family soon. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Ralf Luthe, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Beautiful hotel with incredible staff - friendly, welcoming and very obliging.
We stayed in an Ocean-front pool suite. The pool was too cold to swim in, although the room was wonderful and had fantastic oceans views. We had the All-Inclusive package, which I would highly recommend. The food and drinks are fantastic with plenty of variety to chose from.
The Signature Activities were great too - although they book out very quickly and subsequently we missed out on most of them - so book them early! Uluwatu temple at sunset was spectacular.
Samabe is perfect for a luxurious and relaxing holiday. I hope to be back there one day!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kirsty M
Dear Kirsty M,

Thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We are happy to hear you had a great stay at Samabe and I am glad that you took advantage of the all-inclusive benefits and it was your liking.

Kirsty, I am happy to read you loved your trip to Uluwatu temple. Soon, we will also offer recommended tours, so guests can enjoy and explore more of Bali, the people, the local customs and traditions.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Samabe soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Its not often that we go back to a place twice. Because of the great time we had three months ago we decided to go back again. I was worried things wouldn't be as good the second time round.......but the place was just as beautiful/magical and the staff worked extra hard at making our stay so relaxing and fun. Our kids loved the kids club and we had a great time at the private beach - kayaking, swimming and catamaraning. Our butler 'Made', was just perfect - she knew when and what our kids loved to eat, and she just made our stay so exceptionally 'easy'. She even came to say good bye to us before her shift started. Whilst our butler provided us with exemplarary service during our stay, every member of staff were exceptionally friendly, caring and hospitable....something that has never been replicated in any other hotel we have stayed in....thank you for making our stay so special. Hopefully see you all again soon....

1 Thank Marcus C
Ralf L, General Manager at Samabe Bali Suites & Villas, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Marcus C,

Thank you very much for your continued loyalty to Samabe and sharing your experience following your recent stay with us. Rest assured that every guest, including any return guest, is treated with the highest standard of service. I am glad that despite the worry you had it wouldn’t be as great as your first visit, you decided to stay with us again. Thank you for your trust and loyalty. We really appreciate it very much. In fact, we offer special benefits to return guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly next time you plan to visit us again at luthe@samabe.com.

I have passed your kind words of appreciation to Made and other team members, who were so happy to hear that we did not disappoint you and we’ve made your holiday special and memorable again.

Thank you for staying with us. It was a great pleasure to host you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Samabe to experience more.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We work in Jakarta and my parents and us just returned from an eight day stay at Samabe Bali two bed room ocean pool villa #18 and I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay. The entire experience was wonderful but the icing on the cake had to be the wonderful personal service we recieved from Dia , Wayan and our Butler. They took such great care of us and went far beyond what ayone would expect from the delicious breakfasts with handpicked ingredients to the lush gardens of the resort, it was a trip to paradise and I cant wait to return to villa #18

Room Tip: # 18 villa
1 Thank Mike S
Dear Mike S,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with Tripadvisor readers here. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and you found the service was beyond your expectations, especially that you were well taken care of during your stay with us.

I have passed your compliments to Diah, Wayan and our butler who were happy to hear that you mentioned their names, and that their dedication and hard work is being noticed.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward the pleasure to welcoming you back to Samabe soon.