“Great for budget price”

Ion Bali Benoa Hotel
Ranked #35 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Cool, new hotel, close to the Grand Mirage hotel (use this as a reference when ordering taxis, they all know where to go). Cool pool area, and soon to become awesome rooftop bar. Great price!

Had a great stay here at Ion, but I would not rate it to more than three green dots, due to some minor issues all over. Internet didn't work in room, pretty bad sound proofing through the doors.
Meals were good, but not great. Breakfast was included in my reservation, and consisted of the same omelette every day. I'm generally happy with my stay, but mainly because of an awesome location, in quiet Nusa Dua - and a great price. Will come again if I'm on budget!

Room Tip: Don't book a room in the top floors, the wifi signal will be weak.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Scott M
Melky B, Manager at Ion Bali Benoa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Valued guest,

First of all, allow me to thank you for choosing Ion Bali Benoa during your recent visit to Bali.

It is a great pleasure for us to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your good comment is a great value for us and it will be shared with the whole team. As for business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is words of mouth from a satisfied customer.

Please accept my apology as at that time there were some project run on the main building that caused the noisy.
We are pleased to inform you that we are now fully operated and we are upgrading our WiFi to meet the expectation of our customers.

I personally thank you for bringing this problem in to our attention and i do hope that we will have the chance to serve you again in the future whenever travel brings you back to Bali

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Ion Bali Benoa Hotel

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our first two nights on our first ever trip to Bali. We were looking for somewhere affordable, clean and comfortable to start off our month long holiday and this hotel ticked those boxes. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was convenient but not fantastic and a bit chaotic. The Wifi kept dropping in the room even though the signal was good and it only really worked well in public areas, which was a little frustrating. It's not really important unless,like us, you're trying to plan your next place to stay.

Overall it's good value for money, very modern, fantastic staff and there are some added extras like a great rim flow pool and a rooftop area with views over Nusa Dua.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsVZ
Melky B, Manager at Ion Bali Benoa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Please accept my apology for our WiFi connection problem. We are now upgrading our WiFi to meet the expectation of our customers.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel has newly open when we arrived. It was so clean for the price we paid I thought we got the wrong hotel because it looked amazing at first glance. The staff were so friendly and called us by name all the time. The pool was amazing and the rooms were incredibly well designed. The free breakfast was like a 5 course meal. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Negative: The shower was really nice but not very private. Great for couples...But it wouldn't be nice to see your parents in the shower.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChrisBroad

Dear Valued guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Ion Bali Benoa Hotel during your recent visit to Bali.

Thank you for giving us five point review. It is nice to know that we were able to meet your expectation, satisfaction and overall you had a great stay.

We do hope we will have the chance to serve you again whenever travel brings you back to Bali. Please recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I get to redeem voucher from Groupon for 2D1N stay in ION Bali Benoa without breakfast as I believe a cup of coffee and toast around Jalan Pratama under bright sunny day would do better and I can wake up late.
I can say the room worth more than the voucher value, I love their idea to put a single sofa in the room beside to the bed facing window and I can enjoy my short-break reading books conveniently. Comfy bedding with extra cushion pillows, satisfying TV channels selection, hot shower and complete bathroom amenities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shevy l
Nanok A, General Manager at Ion Bali Benoa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,

Sunny greetings from Ion Bali Benoa,......

Thank you for your choosing Ion Bali Benoa as your second home during your travel in Bali and for you sharing positive experience with us.

We are pleased to know that our service and facilities went beyond your expectations to make your experience even more comfortable and enjoyable.

We have already shared your positive feedback to our team as they are indeed our greatest asset and we know this will serve as an encouragement to them

Once Again thank you for your sharing experience and We do hope to serve you on your next traveling in Bali.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I discovered this hotel online, and was glad I did, although the Bluebird Taxi driver had considerable difficulty locating it. During my 5 night stay, I was most impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the abundant staff. Although small, the rooms are very well designed and are of high quality, including the beds, linens, TV and just about everything. The hotel is about the cleanest I’ve experienced, and the contemporary décor is tasteful, although certainly not authentic Balinese. The hotel seems to try to make up for this lack of authenticity by blaring fairly loud repetitive Asian music throughout the common areas. My preference would be to silence this, or at least turn the volume down considerably. I enjoyed the pool and the sunsets from the rooftop terrace. There is a buffet breakfast option, which at 120,000 rupiah seemed overly pricey, so I passed on this meal and can’t comment on its quality. I appreciated the lobby computer available to guests for free, and was able to convince management to enable the use of Facebook. There is quite a nice beach and waterfront walkway on the other side of the road down a public access lane between the Club Bali Mirage and the Grand Mirage Bali, and a daily complimentary shuttle bus service to a couple of beaches and the Bali Collection shops at Nusa Dua. All in all, I think this hotel currently offers very good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dannymfoster

Dear Danny,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I really like the modern design of the building. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were also very clean but a bit small. Furthermore, the bathroom was a bit awkward because there was no door separating the bathroom to the room and the shower door (that is a bit transparent) was also used as the door to the toilet. Room service was great and not that expensive. The food was very good. The breakfast buffet was decent. The pool is really nice but is not that deep. There are places to shop, eat, and get a massage nearby. It only took about 15 min to get to the hotel from the airport and about 30 min to get to Kuta (if you want to take part in the nightlife). The only problem I had with this hotel is that they did not have a reserved spot on the Nusa Dua Beach, which you can get there by taking a free shuttle to the Bali Collection and then walking a min to the beach. The shuttle comes to the Grand Mirage Hotel (right across from Ion Bali Benoa Hotel) once an hour. Anyways, not having a reserved spot was a slight problem because much of the beach is reserved by other hotels/resorts who did not let you go near their reserved section. However, you can relax on the beach and swim in the ocean freely in a spot next to this beach club you just have to bring your own towel. Overall, this is a wonderful place to stay especially because it is so affordable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank vkriene

Dear Vkriene,

Sunny greetings from Ion Bali Benoa,......

We are pleased to know that our service and facilities meet with your expectations to make your experience even more comfortable and enjoyable.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

HOTEL

It was brand new at 3 months old only, so everything was clean and in good condition. Great building and great pool at the second floor. The price was very affordable considering the state and condition of the hotel. There is free wifi that worked fine. There are times when the wifi is slow, but it isn't constant.

ROOM
The rooms were small, but that is expected from a budget hotel. The bed was very comfortable and my husband and I were well rested for the 5 days we stayed with them. The airconditioning worked properly. As mentioned, it was pretty new at the time of our check in so there were barely any problems with our accommodation. The bathroom has a clear door so there's not much privacy there. The room is more ideal for couples.

LOCATION
It is close to the watersport beach, about 10 minutes walk or less. But don't expect a clean beach since this is where they do all the water sports. It is quite pricey in the area compared to other areas in Bali such as Kuta or Ubud.

FOOD
We read a lot of horrible review for the food, but the breakfast really isn't that bad. It's pretty basic and quite honestly the menu is the same and just alters every other day. It's not great, but it's also tolerable.

SERVICE
The customer service is great, but I feel this way about Bali in general. People are very nice and accommodating. The staff responds to the employees quickly. However, there isn't always an employee working at the pool or pool bar so it's a little harder to get service over there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erica L

Dear Erica L,

Sunny greetings from Ion Bali Benoa,......

Thank you for your choosing Ion Bali Benoa during your travel in Bali and for you sharing positive experience with us.