“Ellie's - a real insider tipp”
Review of Ellie's

Ellie's
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Ellie's - a real insider tipp”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was the second time that we stayed at Ellie's hotel and it was just as good as we remembered it. The staff was super friendly and even helped us to plan our daily trips. They recommended great destinations and gave great insider tipps. The room was clean and there was a good choice of breakfast which was delicious. Our tipp: Rent a motor bike to get around.
We will definitely come back to Bali and this is the hotel we will stay at!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mario N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Viseu
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This was our first hotel in our 12 day trip to Bali. We stayed there for 4 nights and we can't praise more everyone at Ellie's. They were extremely helpful in every way: they helped us programing our days, gave us precious advices on what to do/eat, where to go not only in the hotel's area, but also in other areas of Bali (we then moved to Ubud, and ended our trip in Seminyak). The breakfast was very good, the rooms were nice. I think this hotel is a good place to start your balinese experience, but don't expect it to be a luxury place. It is more a familiar place where you'll feel completely at home. I would stay in this hotel again, should I return to Bali.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tiagoav
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I recently spent 59 nights here with my wife and daughter and eldest grandson joining me for 15 nights, I can say with hand on heart that of all the various hotels and homestays I have experienced over many visits to bali, nothing but nothing comes even remotely close. I now feel priveledged to consider David, Caroline, Made, Wayan, Korman, April, Gin, and the restaruant/cleaning girls, Madi, Katut and Mary to be extended family members.
Roll on December when I plan to be back for longer next time.
Chris, Wales,U K, 20th March 2012

Room Tip: All equally good
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank chrismojo
Sydney
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The hosts and staff were great but my room at least - facing the pool - was quite dark and not very homely. From the reviews I expected alot more and I am not a particularly picky customer even though I spend 8 months of the year in various hotel around the world. For the money I think there are better around but I must say the pickup from the airport was excellent as were any recommendations made.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank IguanaSydney
Meulebeke, Belgium
Reviewed 7 March 2012

David and Caroline and the staff were simply fantastic during the whole week I stayed there, never seen such a fine team which couldn't help all of us any better and knew our names from the moment we checked in. I travel about three weeks a month for business, all over the world, and was very highly impressed by Ellies hotel although I usually pick the 5 and 4 stars hotels. Never before I encountered such friendliness and unbeatable high value for money. I would highly recommend it to everyone who wants to have a central hotel location for visiting the whole of South Bali (Kuta - Denpasar - Sanur - Nusa Dua - Jimbaran - Uluwatu -...). I had some of the most fantastic days of my life there when they suggested me to rent a motorbike at the reception desk, which came for as little as 50.000 rph a day (about 5 US$ !!!), although taxis were used the first days (for my business visits). Internet WiFi in the hotel is free, although unfortunately does not reach the room interior, and is at the usual Indonesian speed (slow !) and that is the only negative point I could say about Ellies. Will definitely go back there again ; at that incredible room rate they exceeded my expectations by far. Ok, there is not a restaurant in the hotel but they have a wide range of home deliveries to pick from and you can dine at a table at the breakfast terrace at no extra charge. Breakfast was also excellent ! Thanks Ellies for having made another traveler so very happy.
Nicolas.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Elst, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Dear David, Carolyn and all the Staff,

We have stayed several days at your nice questhouse and we felt really at home.
During our stay we truely felt your love and passion.

Thank you so much for all your kindness, help in various ways and more . . . 'as it is in Heaven'!

Matur suksma!

Christa and Jacques
Elst - The Netherlands

14th Feb. 2012

Room Tip: We had room 106, great nice view and much light, also the other rooms are fine too.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christa and Jac... L
Vilassar de Mar, Spain
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We had been in Kuta for two nights, and coming here was such a relief. Very nice hotel with peace and comfort. We were traveling with our son and he loved having a dvd in the room where he could watch some superheroes. Helpful staff, clean premises, very comfortable bed and nice views too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family