“Home away from Home”
Review of Ellie's

Ellie's
Ranked #35 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My partner and I stayed at Ellie's for two weeks and enjoyed every moment of it. It really is a home away from home and excellent value for money. If you are looking for a smaller more personal touch then I would highly recommend Ellies. The rooms are clean and tasteful. The staff were amazing, so friendly and the lovely couple who run it go out of there way to help you with anything you may need. The garden and pool area is a little Oasis and we had it to ourselves alot which was lovely. I can honestly say that I had the most relaxing and enjoyable experience at Ellies and highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: I was pregnant at the time of my holiday so I had a room downstairs on the ground floor which basica...
1  Thank LISA_MARIAP_13
There are newer reviews for Ellie's

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Really cant fault anything about this place. From the driver who collected and dropped us back at the airport to the managment and all other staff, they made us super welcome to our first trip to Bali.
Super helpfull staff from advising on where to eat to where to go and for a pick person like me, i really couldnt fault anything.

Great breakfast, great room great pool and chilling area.

This place is a MUST to all travellers!

Room Tip: if you stay here and you dont know what to do or where to eat just ask David the Manager!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jondrum1979
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We gravitated to Ellie's after reading the extensive collection of raving reviews on Trip Advisor, in particular commenting on the excellent service the management at Ellie's provides. We began to get a sense of this excellent service after our very first email inquiry, which was returned with not only the requested confirmation of our reservation, but a number of suggestions to assist us upon arrival, as well as an offer to store our extra luggage without charge at the hotel during our travels throughout Bali.

When we finally did arrive at Ellie's, in addition to continued excellent service, we discovered immaculately clean, spacious, tastefully decorated rooms, good breakfasts, and a delightful little pool oasis.

Ellie's was a good location for us, as we wanted a place near the airport, and Ellie's is only a fifteen minute ride from it. Having said that, it is not situated on any beaches, nor is it walking distance to any, but cabs are cheap so that is not a huge problem. And the excellent service and friendly staff are a great consolation. Thank you Dave and Caroline, for making us feel so very welcome and well cared for. We loved every minute here, not the least of which was the wonderful energy that you and Caroline created. Thank you!

1  Thank Bev Z
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My wife and I started our holiday with a 5 night stay at Ellie's hotel. I was very keen to stay at Ellie's due to the uncomparable value for money and excellent reviews I had read on trip advisor.
The hotel costs between $35-$50 per night (including a great breakfast), the rooms have working air conditioner, fridge and decent bathroom facilities.I find it difficult to fathom how people give this hotel less than 5/5. I'm not sure what else you would expect for the price?

The hotel then exceeded my expectations with the service provided, especially from David and April.

The pool was great and most of the time we had it all to ourselves!

Also, being able to order food and have it plated up by the staff to eat in the restaurant area for no charge is just fantastic.

This place is a perfect base for a holiday in Bali!

1  Thank Jucey
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Ellie's is a little limited by its kind of out-of-the-way location and poor visibility. You will need to rent a bike or get a driver to go to beaches, temples, and more popular restaurants, which Ellie's is happy to arrange for you. The TVs in the rooms are a little small and do not have any reception, but there is a huge collection of DVDs in the office and a lot of books to read in the small library upstairs. Breakfast is pretty good and comes with freshly blended juice, making it one of the better non-buffet breakfasts available. For close by shopping or restaurants, go to Warung Kampoeng or Coco Mart, both close enough to walk to, although walking seems a little dangerous along the busy road. Delivery is also available for a small fee, and the staff will bring the food up to your room for you. If there is that could be improved, the pool could be a little cleaner and the small trash heap with the crowing chickens behind the rear hotel wall is a little mood-killing, but these were very minor things overall.

The best part of Ellie's is the service, which is much better by far than most comparable hotels in Bali. The staff are always smiling, speak good to great English, are happy to write directions out for you, and do everything they can to make your stay a nice one, including sending forgotten items back to you! And best of all, they are never pushy about services, unlike most of the hotels we stayed at.

Room Tip: Book rooms early, because Ellie's seems to usually be pretty full up, and there are only eight o...
2  Thank Traveler000090
Reviewed 7 May 2013

A cracking little hotel in a great location with wonderful staff. Ellies had everything we needed for a very comfortable 4 night stay near nusa dua. The room and air con were more than adequate, the pool and sun loungers were a welcome hideout from the crazy surroundings and the breakfast was a great start to the day. Grab yourself a moped and under the wise guidance of the English manager Dave you will find everything you want in the most southern part of Bali, we loved it, it was the epitome of value for money and we felt safe, secure and well looked after.

Room Tip: Anyone facing front
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

After travelling & transiting through Bali for more than 5 years I finally found Ellies Hotel about 1 year ago & now I never stay anywhere else. The manager, David and all the staff are like family to me. With Dave's superb local knowledge of the area getting the information you'll need will make your holiday a much more relaxing, enjoyable & affordable experience.
I'm not much of a scholar, but if your the kind of person or couple who is looking for a clean, quiet, centrally located & affordable hotel then I would definetly recommend Ellies.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo