“Very nice relaxing spa!”

Boutique Spa Sekar Jagat
Ranked #2 of 58 Spas & Wellness in Nusa Dua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Only 10 minutes from your hotel in Nusa Dua or Jimbaran this Balinese owned and long established spa is the perfect place to enjoy authentic Balinese Massage and traditional Indonesian spa treatments in their famous outdoor rooms or an air-conditioned room for single, double and triple occupancy. A pleasant natural ambience and skillful therapists using fresh material is what you can expect at Sekar Jagat Spa. Complimentary pick-up and drop-back service. After spa have dinner at their lovely beachfront restaurant (free transfers). Find details and special promotions on their website.
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very nice relaxing spa!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Had a beautiful facial, mani and pedi here. Simply beautiful and authentic spa, so relaxing! Facial was awesome, the mani & pedi was great (different to what you get in western countries though), the polish could have been a bit better on my friends fingers but other than that i would definitely return! They pick you up and drop you off which is great, they can even drop you at the airport after!!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Authentic Balinese Experience”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had an afternoon to spare in Nusa Dua and our hotel's spa was fully booked so we decided to make an appointment at this spa! They arranged for a free transport from our hotel almost immediately and within 20mins we were whisked away from Mulia resorts to this Spa. We chose the 4 hour couple package that cost USD$195 for 2 and was guided to our private room. Athough it was dated, it was clean and had all the necessary amenities - air conditioning, comfortable spa beds, a tub for the flower bath and shower facilities.

You could choose from a variety of treatments.
1) My husband and I both had the 75min massage. The therapists were both well skilled and caring. The lady who did my massage advised me to lie on my side and gave me pillows both for my head to lie on and to put in between my legs.
2) After the massage, we were both given the Balinese Body Lulur / Scrubs. The scrub was both invigorating and cleansing and I could feel my skin being well-polished.
3) After the scrub, I opted for the flower bath (as I was 6 months pregnant and didn't wish to have too much stimulation) and he continued with the massage. The therapist brought me to the bathing area, scrubbed me down and led me to the tub filled with frangipani flowers. It was a very indulgent experience soaking in a tub of water filled with sweet smelling flowers. Yes, the tub didn't look sparkling clean, but it looked decent. With the dimmed lights and the rustic environment, just go with the flow and don't think about it. The therapist even brought me ginger tea and a delicious apple crumble cake to partake in while soaking in the tub. After which, the Mr and I showered (shower gels and all were provided) and we were ushered to the common area for our creme hair bath.
4) Our hair was first rinsed. Then we were given a head massage as they generously applied the creme hair shampoo. I swear my hair is still smelling luxurious even though I had this experience 2 days ago. I even wanted to buy the shampoo home but there was no one at the counter as I left.
5) Lastly, my husband opted for the foot reflexology while I went for the pedicure. 2 of my choice of nail polish ran out so I went for my last option. The therapist felt really bad about it and its really not their fault. The therapist was meticulous and used all sorts of disinfectant to sterilise the equipment.
We ended our lovely spa and was whisked away to Bawang Merah Beach Front Jimbaran Restaurant for the inclusive seafood restaurant. The meal was surprisingly good!

In summary, this was a great experience and it was really a really authentic and indulgent experience. The rooms and facilities are a little dated, after all they have been around for 10 years! But they have skilled therapist and value-for-money packages. If you take out the cost of the transport and meals (USD$35), you are looking at USD$20/hr treatments. You really pay for what you get and can't expect 5 star facilities at 3 star prices. Hopefully, they will do well enough for funds to sound-proof their rooms and upgrade their facilities. I wish them all the best and would love to be back :D

3 Thank Lihui1986
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Indulgent spa day”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Everything we want out of a spa day. The entire setup is clean and comfortable. The woman who worked on me did a great job and the pressure was perfect. My hubby and I felt very relaxed after treatment. This was by far one of the best massage experiences we had in Bali. Recommend couple spa with shirodara at 195 us dollar.

Texas City, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Spa Experience”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We’ve been here twice, once for a honeymoon package, once for a lymph drainage massage. Our treatments were amazing and reasonably priced. We really like the atmosphere, well-appointed rooms and nice staff. Thank you so much.

Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very Good Experience but to be a bit picket”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I pre purchased a 3 hour package before I arrived in Bali not knowing what to expect other than the reviews I read here on trip advisor.

I was picked up on time from a Nusa Dua hotel and transferred with care to the spa.

Warmly greeted, cash exchanged hands and soon I was off to the treatment rooms. Staff member very curteous and polite. Room very clean and well appointed with traditional Balinese music in the background. Cant fault the massages and experience at all.

I was however aware of traffic noise constantly in the background. (the spa is located on the side of a major arterial road). So if you want to drift away but occasionally be bought back to reality with a sound of a noisy motorbike or heavy truck accelerating this spa could work for you.

So other than the traffic noise it went very well .

In terms of pricing my treatment which was a book online deal was US$70

In comparison a one hour massage offered on the beach in Nusa Dua was apps US$15 per hour in local currency.

1 Thank free520