Park Hotel Nusa Dua
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Goodway Hotel & Resort(Tanjung Benoa)
Pusri Nusa Dua(Nusa Dua)
Mahogany Hotel(Nusa Dua)
View Hotel
Tanadewa Luxury Villas & Spa(Nusa Dua)
Ellie's(Nusa Dua)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop poolroom service foodtop floormengiat beachliving roomprivate villaconvenience storenice staytoll roadbreakfast spreadshuttlearupoolsbalistovetaxisagus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Suite rooms were large and clean. Location is very isolated from everything and nothing is in walking distance so expect to use taxis a lot. Breakfast buffet was pretty good but would not recommend eating there for otherwise, very expensive and very average food. Service is pretty well non existent but when you can manage to find a staff member they are usually happy to help but knowledge generally seems to be limited.

Overall not a bad place to stay but not a good place either. Isolation and service (especially in the restaurant) are the biggest let downs.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Srt1965
AndrewJLeith, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Dear Srt1965,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your thoughts on your recent stay with us, and that you enjoyed our large suites and found them very clean. Its good to see the improvement in our housekeeping procedure is having a positive impact on our guests experience.

Whilst there are few facilities within walking distance we believe our location is central to Nusa Dua and Jimbaran with Kuta/Legian/Seminyak and Ulawatu/Pecatu areas only slightly further afield making us an excellent location for those that like to explore Bali.

Please accept our apologies for the service you experienced in our restaurant. 'Non-existent' is certainly not the standard we strive to achieve. I will follow up on your comments regarding this and ensure that all our F&B staff are aware so that they and we may improve.

Again thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

The hotel was totally beyond my expectations. Expecting the usual small suite, the 2-bedroom suite we had was almost like coming home to my own condo unit! Extremely spacious with a large masterbedroom, a good-sized 2nd room and a spacious living area - all opening out to a long balcony that stretched across all 3 rooms. The view overlooks the sea and Mt Agung in the distance. The dining area, complete with a fully equipped kitchen was good too. It was clean, with attractive minimalistic decor and there was WiFi in the entire unit. Cabled LAN was also available. Loved the beds, which were firm and comfy, and spacious bathroom too!

The only thing negative about the suites was the lack of bedroom slippers - especially since we had to walk on tiled floors. Perhaps something the management could consider.

Breakfast was the same affair daily - passable for a quick bite before heading out to Bali's delicious food in town. Overall, this is quite simply the best 4-star establishment I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank powen
AndrewJLeith, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2011

Dear Powen,

We are extremely pleased that you obviously enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the suite that you chose was 'beyond your expectations'.

As to you suggestion regarding slippers for the suites, we are certainly looking at improving the amenities and facilities within our suites over the coming year.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I had to upgrade my room to suite room when I arrived as the standard room was small and a small room....the service needs to be improved as well

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Totofore
Park_Hotel_Nusa_Dua, Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and we will continue to improve our guests services.

Kind Regards,
Andreas

Reviewed 29 October 2011

There are some good things I can say about this lodging, i.e. nice view from the balcony of my suite, especially at night, some tasty congee mixed with clear soup for breakfast, interesting swimming pools, reliable shuttle service and quiet location.
Unfortunately, the list stops here.

A few days before I arrived at this lodge, I sent an email to request for a pick-up service from the airport. Until today, I haven't received a single reply. Never mind with the no reply 'service', I took a taxi to the lodge. When I arrived about noon, I was informed that my suite wasn't ready.

The view from the suite balcony was very nice, so I forgot all about the check-in problems.
When I went to take an afternoon shower, I was shocked with the leaking water in the bathroom with one non-working lighting and something that looks like fungus or algae in the bathtub. Returning from a dinner at night, I also found out that the bed was hard, but I did not think much because I was very tired.

The room arrangement of the lodge is very weird. It does not matter whether you stay in a deluxe room or suite, you need to open the same door to get into your deluxe room or suite. You basically share an entrance to your own deluxe room or suite. The arrangement does not matter as long as your fellow guest who stays next door is nice. Unfortunately, in my experience, they were all heavy smokers, readily opened their entrance doors to avoid the cigarette smoke from triggering the smoke detector in their rooms. Another weird policy compromising the security of your stay is not to lock your entrance door because you need to share it with the other guests. I don't understand why the lodge can't make the entrance cards to open doors locked from inside for the sake of security and comfort of all the guests. In addition, when the other guests slammed the door, I could hear it from my suite.

Waking up early in the morning without much sleep, I tried to use the facility of the gym/fitness room, which was disappointing. The treadmill wasn't working and the display unit of the cycling machine did not work. The bottom line is that two out of four machines in the gym/fitness room did not work. I could also tell from the mineral water equipment that the place hasn't been maintained for a while. It was good that someone still remembered to unlock the door for the guests to use in the morning. For me, it was a good excuse to put on some weight by going to breakfast. Unfortunately, I was wrong ...

The bacon, chicken sausage and ham were rubbery, the fried rice was tasteless, the pancakes and others were cold. The only edible staple for me was the congee mixed with clear soup and fresh omelette. Making things worse, an incident of dropping a juice glassware on the second morning made some restaurant staff panic. A staff mentioned that by the rule of the lodge, all the restaurant staff will have to chip in to pay for the Rp.75,000 ($8) charge for the incident if I did not compensate for the glassware. If you know how these staff live on minimum wages and how significant the value of $8 compared to their daily wages, I could not help thinking about this inhuman policy. A call to the duty manager, explaining the situation and a pledge not to charge the restaurant staff for the incident cleared up the air. A thumbs up for the duty manager in charge, Anom, who was full of understanding and attentive.

Another surprise was waiting for me when I returned to my suite in the first morning. The deluxe bedroom sharing the only entrance to my suite was not empty. There was someone smoking, which made the cigarette smoke and dust went into my suite, especially when the shared entrance door was closed. I immediately complained to the front office as I specifically asked for non-smoking suite as the children are very sensitive to dust and smoke, especially cigarette smoke. The front office staff offered me to move to another suite or villa. After inspecting a snake inside villa unit 37, canceling my trip for the day and some deliberation, I finally decided to move to an alternative suite with my fingers crossed. The lady in the front office promised that no one would stay in the connecting deluxe room during my stay to avoid any future incident of guests smoking in the same staying area with children.

I felt more comfortable staying in the new suite, despite the smaller balcony, noisy aircon fans behind the bathroom, the second bedroom without view, lack of TV and aircon remote controls. When reporting about the lack of remote controls available in the suite, the reply was that the lodge was running out remote controls and there was nothing they could do. A strange reply showing the low level service and ignorance that you could only experience at this lodge.

The promise was broken around 8:30.P.M of my last night in the lodge. A smoking guest checked into the connecting deluxe room. A staff knocked my door when I was already in the bed, asking me to remove my stuff from the entrance area as there was a guest checking into the deluxe room. I complained to the front desk for the second time about the situation, for the disruption and asked for a solution. After a while, I was informed that the night duty manager, Agus, would visit my suite.

After informing about the children's sensitivity to smoke and dust and other disappointment, the conversation with Agus did not go anywhere as the only solution he could think of was to warn the new guest about the non-smoking policy in the room or to move us to another room, which he advised that he could not guarantee due to the 93% occupation in the note that he purposely brought to justify his argument. In addition, he kept mentioning several times that I will have to pay the difference if he upgrades me to a better suite or villa, even though I mentioned to him several times that I have no objection to pay the difference. Having enough with the low level of service he rendered, considering that the children were already in bed, it was about 9.P.M. and I planned to leave the lodge early in the morning, I informed him that there was no use for the second option and let him do whatever he needed to do.

The bottom line is that if you are a heavy smoker who don't mind about low level of service, less than satisfactory breakfast and disruptions during your stay, I highly recommend you to stay in this lodge, which is unfortunately not my cup of tea.

Room Tip: If you want a privacy in a suite, please make sure that no one stays in the connecting deluxe room, or book for both the suite and the connecting deluxe room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank 1OzTraveller
AndrewJLeith, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Dear 1OzTraveller,

Thank you for ensuring we received the valuable feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you liked the views from your suite, the congee at breakfast, the swimming pools, shuttle service and the location. We are sorry that we received no communication from you regarding your airport pickup. This is obviously a very popular service that we provide to a large number of our guests daily but unfortunately we had no information regarding your wish to be picked up from the airport. We are sorry that your room wasn't ready at your arrival at the hotel at midday. We try to accommodate everyone into their reserved room at the earliest possible time, however, check in time is 2pm.

We are sorry that you found the double entry door to be an issue. It is a fairly common facility to have a entry door that can be closed to turn two suites/room into a larger family style apartment. Each of the entry doors lock so when separate parties book the suite and deluxe option the entrance door is kept open.

Your comments regarding the gym are well noted and I am pleased to note that all the gym equipment is now fully operational.

Please let me be clear that there is no policy of the hotel to charge employees from any item that may be accidentally broken by guest or staff.

Let me apologize for the issue of placing a guest in the adjacent deluxe room. As you were assured that no one would be placed into this room then no one should have been. I have reminded all our Front Desk and Duty Managers that assurances given to guests must be carried out.

Please let me apologize again for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. However, I would like to thank you again for bringing them to our attention so that we may continually strive to better the service standards here.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 October 2011

we decided to stay in this hotel since we needed a hotel just for 1 night after arriving late at night in Bali and the next date we had already a Villa booked in Uluwatu...

We stayed here since we needed to stay close to the airport (around 20 minute drive) and Nusa Dua (close to...)... and we wanted to spend at least as possible (around 80 usd per night it was...)

on the good side, check-in and out was a breeze... pretty efficient and within 5 minutes we were in our (ugly) room... I can only opine on rooms, since we did not check out the Villas...

the room was on the 1st floor... 108... double bed, 1 window and blind bathroom... the room was ok on the poor side, old tired furniture, no luxurious feeling at all!... and then the discoveries began... bathroom is super tired, moudly and dirty... with spiderwebs and spiders by the mirror... the shower drain was super slow... the bed was firm... the only window overlooked the ac unit of the room next door!... and the room was noisy... we could hear airplanes landing the whole night!

next door we tried breakfast... quite disappointing by all means... and views also mediocre...

in general, all the staff is super nice, friendly and warm, they try hard... but this is a poor poor hotel... i would never come here on honey moon... unless your budget is really really limited...

finally, location.. the hotel is located in the middle of nowhere...

be warned... cheap comes with a price...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelingMx
AndrewJLeith, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Dear TravelingMx,

Thank you for your review and giving us valuable feedback from our guests.

I am sorry that you found the deluxe room that you booked to have old tired furniture and lacking a luxurious feeling. It is disappointing that you feel this way as Swiss-Belhotel Bay View is only five years old, as is the furniture, and that you booked our entry level room that have as standard a queen size bed.

Please do accept my apologies for the cleanliness of the room, mold and cobwebs should never be encountered in a hotel room. We have instigated new procedures for the regular and deep cleaning systems for our rooms, however, this one seems to be the exception to our new standards.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff as I am sure they appreciate being reviewed as super nice, friendly and warm - I know I appreciate it.