“Less memorable stay”

Park Hotel Nusa Dua
Ranked #35 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
“Less memorable stay”
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

The location is too far inside housing complex. Difficult mobilisation if we don't have private transportation. Food just standard. The great thing about the hotel is swimming pool on the roof top and atrium.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Lidican
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property.
We do realize that our hotel is not on the main road and for that reason we do supply a complimentary shuttle service to the Nusa Dua, Beach and Kuta areas.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed the pools.

Chris MacLean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Like a few before us we thought all hotels in Nusa Dua were by the beach, but this was OUR mistake. Actually the hotel is high on a hill and from the roof top pool and restaurant there are spectacular views across Nusa Dua, Benoa Harbour and out to the airport. You can also see the new tollway connecting Nusa Dua to the Kuta/airport area. The surrounding vegetation is home to many birds which was very nice considering birds are not common in the busy areas of Kuta and Legian.
The service in this hotel is beyond reproach, from checkin to poolside. We had lunch in the rooftop restaurant which was reasonably priced for a big hotel, nicely presented and very tasty with excellent service. After lunch, a huge storm hit the area so we abandoned the rooftop pool and sat in one of the very pleasant lounge areas that are located on each floor near the lifts, rather than spend time in our room (which did not have any chairs as it was a smallish room.) Comfortable chairs and lounges made reading there very pleasant. We were greeted by a staff member who asked if we had any needs or complaints with our room and should we need anything to ask.He explained that there were some renovations occurring in the hotel and apologised for any inconvenience. He was true to his word,as we couldn't find a hairdryer in the room and in trying to get one, the phone did not work very well. Both issues were solved in about 15 mins with little fuss.

We had read many Trip Advisor reviews and noted the mixed reactions to the hotel and acknowledge that should you be expecting a beach holiday the location would be disappointing but that is not the fault of the hotel. We decided to take advantage of the excellent pools, rooftop and groundfloor, and the quiet of the location.
This hotel is like an ageing duchess......it has been around a while and does need some renovation and refurbishment and major cleaning but the design and location are excellent for a quiet holiday.
It was a little surprising that there is no free wifi as this is pretty much standard in Asia, at least in the lobby. Also having to ask for a hairdryer which should be a standard appliance. Tv channel offerings were fine with the usual news channels, Australian channel and Fox movies.
Our room was very acceptable for the basic room. Possibly other traveller's disappointment lies in the naming of the room..."Deluxe". Standard would be a better description but from our experience that seems to be a 'Bali thing'. We had a comfortable king size bed, efficient AC, bar fridge, kettle and 2 bottles complimentary water. Bathroom is a good size with a large shower and plenty of hot water. Useful amenities supplied such as toothbrushes, shower cap and shampoo. The wardrobe again was a good size but could have done with a few more hangers. I'm sure if we asked we would have been given more but we didn't bother for a 2 night stay. It would be better if these things were already in the rooms so that guests don't have to ask all the time. I would hope that in the refurbishment attention to detail would take care of a few minor things such as 2 cups supplied but no glasses, a chipped soap holder and the lack of a rack or similar on which to dry wet swimming attire. Oh yes, also no powerpoint in the bathroom so shaving and hairdrying was a challenge.
Again, I'm sure if we had asked all these minor things would be fixed but a guest doesn't want to spend precious time complaining or asking for a multitude of things.
We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the rooftop restaurant and enjoyed all. Plenty of variety and reasonable prices.
The deluxe room is smallish but adequate and inexpensive at about $60 US a night including buffet breakfast. We did see a suite and it was enormous so if you want more room then consider this or a villa.
The rooftop pool was excellent, with pool loungers and plenty of towels available.
So if you want a quiet break, wake up to roosters and birds rather than motorbikes and loud people with excellent frindly staff then this could be the place for you.

Room Tip: Try a suite or villa if you want a bigger room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank judykbee
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear Judykbee,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your recent review, which I have read with great pleasure.
I was pleased to read your comments about our employees and that we were able to solve the issues you had quickly.
I have noted your comment about the free Wifi and would like to advise you that we are in the final process of installing an additional component in this service, which will offer free wifi in most areas of the hotel.
I have noted your comments about the items in the room and will try to see which room you occupied.
FYI, we have started a renovation program for the exterior of the hotel, repainting the walls, along with improving areas within the rooms and hopefully if you visit Bali again in the future, you will notice the difference.
Thank you again for your in-depth comments.
Jakarta
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at Swissbel Bay View deluxe room during my recent short trip to Bali for business purpose. The property itself is quite old including the furniture, but the room is cozy and price is really reasonable. There are many old hotels all over the places, however as long as they are well maintained and clean, this is not a big issue for me.
Size of the room is good enough for me, since I was travelling alone. It also should not be a big issue for double occupancy with less luggage. If you are a couple or friends travelling with huge luggage, I would recommend you to choose the 1 bedroom suite, since it is very spacious and worth the price. Staff are very friendly and nice. Bathroom was clean, all amenities were in place. There was no minibar at all coz of their policy. If you require to have minibar, you need to ask for it and they will provide it to you. Breakfast had a lot of choices, and they tasted good.
Since the hotel is located up the hill, it's quite far from shops and everywhere else. I rented a car for a day, and basically bought everything I needed before returning to hotel. If you are travelling for holiday and want to relax, this place is really great. All u need is just to have your transportation arranged during your stay (renting a car or motorcycle) and you will be fine.
Swimming pools are awesome (even I didn't have a chance to swim at all) and view from rooftop restaurant is unbelievable. You could see the bay and sunset. From the rooftop restaurant, I could see the villas which belong to this hotel too. Each villa has private swimming pool and trust me, they look awesome. I met a lot of honeymooners stayed in those villas.
Only two things that maybe hotel can improve, which are to have a free wi-fi and also adding more of food selection in the menu (there was no many choices of food, and if u stay there for longer period, this can be an issue). I would definitely come back to this hotel if I am on business trip.

Room Tip: Book a suite room and request for those with view if these are something that is necessary for you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Secret T
Dear Secret T,
I would like to take this opportunity to than you for your recent review of our hotel.
It is indeed pleasing to read you review and to see that we have met with your expectations.
I have noted your comment about food item choice and I will discuss this further with my colleagues.
I have also noted your comment about WiFi and am pleased to advise you that we are in the process of installing a free WiFi component into our hotel.
we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next business trip.
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The Swiss-Belhotel is located on a small hill and commands beautiful views of the bay, the staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Breakfast is a highlight as the views are excellent. Shuttle services are available to key locations and a local taxi will charge Rp 100,000 to the Airport area. I found this an affordable hotel with a quiet atmosphere and a refreshing ambiance. Recommended for travelers on a budget.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank microsatellites
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear reviewer,

I would like to thank you for your comments about your stay.
I am very pleased to read of your satisfaction in our hotel, service and affordability.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Regards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We got a fantastic deal with this hotel for 6 nights in March 2013. On review of the hotel through trip advisor we were a little scepticle as the reviews were not great. On arrival to the hotel we were very impressed. The grounds were well maintained and the view was stunning. We originally booked into a deluxe room, which is a very basic, but clean room. On our third night our air con broke. We made one phone call and we were re located within minutes to another room. At breakfast the next morning, the manager personally introduced himself to us with his sincere apologese. We were impressed with the standard of care he showed. Without asking he upgraded us to the suite, with no hesitations. Now the suites are spectacular. The rooms are huge, the views awesome. I highly recommend spending the extra for these rooms!!!

As for the staff they could not be more pleasent or eager to serve you if they tried. Nothing was a problem for any of the staff, they always had smiles.

The pools were fantastic, the roof top pool and its view were to die for.

The food was standard for all bali hotels, the location quite yet easily accessable with courtesy busses and taxis. Taxis to Kuta $8.

I would defiently recommend this hotel as the view, service and staff are amazing.

Room Tip: Go for the suites or pool villa, worth the extra.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FRANCINE1975
Dear Reviewer,

I have read with pleasure your comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel.
I was also please to read of your satisfaction of the handling of the problem of the air-conditioning in your room.
We do hope that you will stay with us again on your future trips to Bali.
regards
Alice Springs Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is the third time have stayed here. Welcomed back with everything ready for our arrival. We had a villa with our own pool. Was great - plenty of room, own yard, outside area. Unfortunately it rained nearly the whole week. The staff are always friendly expecially the security (which there is plenty of).
The restaurant has great meals and the view is to die for. Watching the building of the new
highway across the bay was great. The only comment was regarding the TV - There is only
one english speaking channel CNN - Also Wi Fi - This is the only place is Bali where you have to pay for service. 50,000 for a day. Not only that but you have to renew everyday which is a lot of inconvenience. I had this out with the Manager and he apologised and said that the TV and Wi Fi were all being upgraded.
This is a great place to stay but bear in mind it is a long way to anything. Only 30,000 in cab in Nusa Dua and they have free bus to shopping and to Kuta.

Room Tip: If you like a Villa it is great but there is no view.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lorrie23
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear reviewer,

I was very pleased to read that you have stayed with us a few times and that you have again enjoyed your stay.
It is correct that we are upgrading our WiFi and TV channels and hopefully on your next visit these will be more in line with your expectations.
some of our villas are with views so for your next visit please make this a specific request and we will try our best to accommodate you in these units.
Singapore
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We came to spend some quiet family time together (2kids 5 &8 years, their grandparents and us) and we got exactly that. The resort despite having several conferences on while we were there for 1 week was quiet and peaceful.

We had a 3bedroom suite (2bedroom suite plus deluxe room) together and it was nice and spacious. The deluxe room was small and dark but since most of the time was spent together in the living room, it did not matter. The other two bedrooms in the suite was spacious, bright and we especially loved the little sitting reading alcove.

The pools were inviting and always quiet. Limited lounge chairs but it was never busy so that was not an issue.

Restaurant had a nice view but food was OK. Local food was of course better than the western fare.

The staff are always helpful and friendly, from front desk to housekeeping to restaurant.

The location is not great, you are in the middle of nowhere. No restaurants etc nearby. One of the days we were feeling energetic, kids and grandparents in tow we walked all the way for lunch to a local restaurant nearby (30minute walk) called "Babi Guling Rahayu". it is right next to klinik Rahayu on the main road. The local speciality Babi guling (roast suckling pig) and Ayam Betutu (chicken in some light curry broth) was fantastic. Authentic, good price and very local. Then, there was the 30 minute walk back to the hotel (UPHILL most of the way) to work off the lunch.

We checked out the hotel's spa before booking. We looked at the treatment rooms and found them to be damp, water stains all around the bath and shower area that make it uninviting. We did not end up doing any spa treatments there. We found another place called Taman Sari royal heritage spa within walking distance from the hotel. We did a 2.5 hr treatment with massage, scrub and wrap for USD90. The treatment itself was great but the room smelled a bit damp and musty. It did not make me feel as relaxed as i should , perhaps its the colorful batik like dark sheets and towels. i would have preferred plain clean sheets to lie on. The sheets were probably very clean but with all the dark colors and patterns, one could not tell and therefore i could not fully relax. Overall, when compared to Phuket spas around the same price range, Phuket beats this place hands down in atmosphere and friendliness.

Somehow, I was given the impression that this hotel is in Nusa Dua through my booking via Wyndham and also through some web references. This place is not in the "gated Nusa Dua " beach and resorts area as most of the other 5 stars hotels are. It is about 15 minutes by shuttle to the Nusa Dua beach area. Shuttle is provided by hotel at certain times of the day and you need to book a day in advance with reception.

Room Tip: Book a 2bedroom suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SSF13
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay.
I was pleased to read your comments but concerned about the Spa.
This facility is outsourced and we have passed on your comment to the operator.
In fact, they have begun repairing the facility and hopefully there will be an improvement to the experience in the future.
Wyndham information is correct that we are in the Nusa Dua area however outside the BTDC area.
We hope that you will consider our property again for future visits.