“Got More than the price I paid”

Park Hotel Nusa Dua
Ranked #35 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Got More than the price I paid”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

First I was little bit concern about the price that showed in Agoda, it's relatively cheap for an one bedroom apartment completed with living room and pantry. Because in the similar price, another hotel just provide the very standard room. But when I came I was surprised because of the room size. I got one big living room completed with TV, one dining room for four persons, complete kitchen set, and the separated bedroom with TV and little sofa. And also the bathroom with bathtub and shower.

I Love the restaurant where the breakfast served, the panorama make us enjoy our breakfast time very much.

My trip was helped by the free shuttle from the hotel to Kuta or Nusa Dua... Because the distance between Nusa Dua-Kuta is far and traffic, thus it helped us to press the budget.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Reviewer,
I was very pleased to read your comments about your stay in our hotel.
We have tried to create a value for money experience here and it seems that we have achieved that for you.
The view from our restaurant is good and I agree does make breakfast, or for that matter lunch and dinner a nicer experience.

Chris MacLean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta
Reviewed 26 June 2013

It was perfect. The staff was very helpful and attentive. I got my room upgraded from deluxe to 1-bedroom suite. It's nice.

The strong points were its attentive staff, the location which is close to the airport, and its quiet neighbourhood thanks to its exclusive lot of location.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jakworld
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Jakworld,

I would like to thank you for your recent review of our property.
I was very pleased to read that our employees met with your expectations and that you enjoyed the room upgrade.
FYI, with the opening of the new Toll road soon, it will be even quicker to get to and from the airport as the access is very close to our hotel.
Hope to see you here again.
Regards
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

The location is too far inside housing complex. Difficult mobilisation if we don't have private transportation. Food just standard. The great thing about the hotel is swimming pool on the roof top and atrium.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Lidican
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property.
We do realize that our hotel is not on the main road and for that reason we do supply a complimentary shuttle service to the Nusa Dua, Beach and Kuta areas.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed the pools.

Travellers are raving about these Nusa Dua hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Like a few before us we thought all hotels in Nusa Dua were by the beach, but this was OUR mistake. Actually the hotel is high on a hill and from the roof top pool and restaurant there are spectacular views across Nusa Dua, Benoa Harbour and out to the airport. You can also see the new tollway connecting Nusa Dua to the Kuta/airport area. The surrounding vegetation is home to many birds which was very nice considering birds are not common in the busy areas of Kuta and Legian.
The service in this hotel is beyond reproach, from checkin to poolside. We had lunch in the rooftop restaurant which was reasonably priced for a big hotel, nicely presented and very tasty with excellent service. After lunch, a huge storm hit the area so we abandoned the rooftop pool and sat in one of the very pleasant lounge areas that are located on each floor near the lifts, rather than spend time in our room (which did not have any chairs as it was a smallish room.) Comfortable chairs and lounges made reading there very pleasant. We were greeted by a staff member who asked if we had any needs or complaints with our room and should we need anything to ask.He explained that there were some renovations occurring in the hotel and apologised for any inconvenience. He was true to his word,as we couldn't find a hairdryer in the room and in trying to get one, the phone did not work very well. Both issues were solved in about 15 mins with little fuss.

We had read many Trip Advisor reviews and noted the mixed reactions to the hotel and acknowledge that should you be expecting a beach holiday the location would be disappointing but that is not the fault of the hotel. We decided to take advantage of the excellent pools, rooftop and groundfloor, and the quiet of the location.
This hotel is like an ageing duchess......it has been around a while and does need some renovation and refurbishment and major cleaning but the design and location are excellent for a quiet holiday.
It was a little surprising that there is no free wifi as this is pretty much standard in Asia, at least in the lobby. Also having to ask for a hairdryer which should be a standard appliance. Tv channel offerings were fine with the usual news channels, Australian channel and Fox movies.
Our room was very acceptable for the basic room. Possibly other traveller's disappointment lies in the naming of the room..."Deluxe". Standard would be a better description but from our experience that seems to be a 'Bali thing'. We had a comfortable king size bed, efficient AC, bar fridge, kettle and 2 bottles complimentary water. Bathroom is a good size with a large shower and plenty of hot water. Useful amenities supplied such as toothbrushes, shower cap and shampoo. The wardrobe again was a good size but could have done with a few more hangers. I'm sure if we asked we would have been given more but we didn't bother for a 2 night stay. It would be better if these things were already in the rooms so that guests don't have to ask all the time. I would hope that in the refurbishment attention to detail would take care of a few minor things such as 2 cups supplied but no glasses, a chipped soap holder and the lack of a rack or similar on which to dry wet swimming attire. Oh yes, also no powerpoint in the bathroom so shaving and hairdrying was a challenge.
Again, I'm sure if we had asked all these minor things would be fixed but a guest doesn't want to spend precious time complaining or asking for a multitude of things.
We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the rooftop restaurant and enjoyed all. Plenty of variety and reasonable prices.
The deluxe room is smallish but adequate and inexpensive at about $60 US a night including buffet breakfast. We did see a suite and it was enormous so if you want more room then consider this or a villa.
The rooftop pool was excellent, with pool loungers and plenty of towels available.
So if you want a quiet break, wake up to roosters and birds rather than motorbikes and loud people with excellent frindly staff then this could be the place for you.

Room Tip: Try a suite or villa if you want a bigger room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank judykbee
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear Judykbee,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your recent review, which I have read with great pleasure.
I was pleased to read your comments about our employees and that we were able to solve the issues you had quickly.
I have noted your comment about the free Wifi and would like to advise you that we are in the final process of installing an additional component in this service, which will offer free wifi in most areas of the hotel.
I have noted your comments about the items in the room and will try to see which room you occupied.
FYI, we have started a renovation program for the exterior of the hotel, repainting the walls, along with improving areas within the rooms and hopefully if you visit Bali again in the future, you will notice the difference.
Thank you again for your in-depth comments.
Jakarta
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at Swissbel Bay View deluxe room during my recent short trip to Bali for business purpose. The property itself is quite old including the furniture, but the room is cozy and price is really reasonable. There are many old hotels all over the places, however as long as they are well maintained and clean, this is not a big issue for me.
Size of the room is good enough for me, since I was travelling alone. It also should not be a big issue for double occupancy with less luggage. If you are a couple or friends travelling with huge luggage, I would recommend you to choose the 1 bedroom suite, since it is very spacious and worth the price. Staff are very friendly and nice. Bathroom was clean, all amenities were in place. There was no minibar at all coz of their policy. If you require to have minibar, you need to ask for it and they will provide it to you. Breakfast had a lot of choices, and they tasted good.
Since the hotel is located up the hill, it's quite far from shops and everywhere else. I rented a car for a day, and basically bought everything I needed before returning to hotel. If you are travelling for holiday and want to relax, this place is really great. All u need is just to have your transportation arranged during your stay (renting a car or motorcycle) and you will be fine.
Swimming pools are awesome (even I didn't have a chance to swim at all) and view from rooftop restaurant is unbelievable. You could see the bay and sunset. From the rooftop restaurant, I could see the villas which belong to this hotel too. Each villa has private swimming pool and trust me, they look awesome. I met a lot of honeymooners stayed in those villas.
Only two things that maybe hotel can improve, which are to have a free wi-fi and also adding more of food selection in the menu (there was no many choices of food, and if u stay there for longer period, this can be an issue). I would definitely come back to this hotel if I am on business trip.

Room Tip: Book a suite room and request for those with view if these are something that is necessary for you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Secret T
Dear Secret T,
I would like to take this opportunity to than you for your recent review of our hotel.
It is indeed pleasing to read you review and to see that we have met with your expectations.
I have noted your comment about food item choice and I will discuss this further with my colleagues.
I have also noted your comment about WiFi and am pleased to advise you that we are in the process of installing a free WiFi component into our hotel.
we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next business trip.
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The Swiss-Belhotel is located on a small hill and commands beautiful views of the bay, the staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Breakfast is a highlight as the views are excellent. Shuttle services are available to key locations and a local taxi will charge Rp 100,000 to the Airport area. I found this an affordable hotel with a quiet atmosphere and a refreshing ambiance. Recommended for travelers on a budget.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank microsatellites
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear reviewer,

I would like to thank you for your comments about your stay.
I am very pleased to read of your satisfaction in our hotel, service and affordability.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Regards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We got a fantastic deal with this hotel for 6 nights in March 2013. On review of the hotel through trip advisor we were a little scepticle as the reviews were not great. On arrival to the hotel we were very impressed. The grounds were well maintained and the view was stunning. We originally booked into a deluxe room, which is a very basic, but clean room. On our third night our air con broke. We made one phone call and we were re located within minutes to another room. At breakfast the next morning, the manager personally introduced himself to us with his sincere apologese. We were impressed with the standard of care he showed. Without asking he upgraded us to the suite, with no hesitations. Now the suites are spectacular. The rooms are huge, the views awesome. I highly recommend spending the extra for these rooms!!!

As for the staff they could not be more pleasent or eager to serve you if they tried. Nothing was a problem for any of the staff, they always had smiles.

The pools were fantastic, the roof top pool and its view were to die for.

The food was standard for all bali hotels, the location quite yet easily accessable with courtesy busses and taxis. Taxis to Kuta $8.

I would defiently recommend this hotel as the view, service and staff are amazing.

Room Tip: Go for the suites or pool villa, worth the extra.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FRANCINE1975
Dear Reviewer,

I have read with pleasure your comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel.
I was also please to read of your satisfaction of the handling of the problem of the air-conditioning in your room.
We do hope that you will stay with us again on your future trips to Bali.
regards