“mixed review-about 3.5 rating”

Park Hotel Nusa Dua
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My wife and I stayed in 3 different rooms in the week we were here: a third floor deluxe room, a first floor deluxe room, and 1 room of a 3-bedroom suite.
The suite and suite bedroom were very nice and well supplied for our group meetings. The 3rd floor and first floor deluxe rooms had some deficiencies: The 3rd floor bathroom was not too clean-especially the toilet and grout around the shower. The first floor deluxe room (Room 112D) had water damage with peeling paint and some fresh water where the wall met the floor. I tried asking the receptionist for a work order or repair slip to report this, but I don't think I was understood, The clothes hook was also missing from the bathroom wall;
The elevator and business room in the basement, and some of the rooms had a sewer smell (not unusual for Bali Hotels.).
Air conditioners were efficient and quiet in all 3 rooms.
The reception desk is the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel - looked more like a desk for the bell hops. However service from this deck is efficient enough without a lot of guests.
Breakfast was adequate with fairly good selection. It would be good to have more variety with the pastries however. We ate other meals in the restaurant and food was reasonable and tasty.
Hotel staff were all pleasant and helpful.
Location was not convenient - hotel is a long way from anywhere. The shuttle bus does help some and they can always call a cab. Long way to the beach.
TV had many English channels, including several movie channels.
Our plane flew out at midnight and we left the hotel at 9 pm. On asking for a late checkout (around 8) I was told I would have to pay an additional 50% even though the hotel was not full and there were many empty rooms. Although this is fairly common practice we have had hotels in Bali let us stay free until 9 pm when they have empty rooms.
Free WiFi in public areas was good once it worked correctly.
I would highly recommend eating at the Laguna Garden Nusa Dua. Excellany reasonably priced food. They will provide free transportation within the Nusa Dua area. Have the hotel call 0361-775714.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I have read with some concern about the problems you experienced during your stay with but also noted that there were also many positive aspects of your stay too
we have noted the room number for the problem room and have already had the problem rectified. thank you for informing us of this.
I will check as to why my staff didn't understand your request, my apologies for that.
thank you again for taking the time to report on your stay.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Nice and clean hotel, room a little bit small but the bed is so comfy, great swimming pool and rooftop.. The location is a little bit far, but since I used a rent car so not a problem. The good point from it is that so quiet so we can have good rest at night.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your rest during your stay here.
We do have a complimentary shuttle which can also be used to go to Kuta, Nusa Dua and the beach.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

First I was little bit concern about the price that showed in Agoda, it's relatively cheap for an one bedroom apartment completed with living room and pantry. Because in the similar price, another hotel just provide the very standard room. But when I came I was surprised because of the room size. I got one big living room completed with TV, one dining room for four persons, complete kitchen set, and the separated bedroom with TV and little sofa. And also the bathroom with bathtub and shower.

I Love the restaurant where the breakfast served, the panorama make us enjoy our breakfast time very much.

My trip was helped by the free shuttle from the hotel to Kuta or Nusa Dua... Because the distance between Nusa Dua-Kuta is far and traffic, thus it helped us to press the budget.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,
I was very pleased to read your comments about your stay in our hotel.
We have tried to create a value for money experience here and it seems that we have achieved that for you.
The view from our restaurant is good and I agree does make breakfast, or for that matter lunch and dinner a nicer experience.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

It was perfect. The staff was very helpful and attentive. I got my room upgraded from deluxe to 1-bedroom suite. It's nice.

The strong points were its attentive staff, the location which is close to the airport, and its quiet neighbourhood thanks to its exclusive lot of location.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jakworld
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Jakworld,

I would like to thank you for your recent review of our property.
I was very pleased to read that our employees met with your expectations and that you enjoyed the room upgrade.
FYI, with the opening of the new Toll road soon, it will be even quicker to get to and from the airport as the access is very close to our hotel.
Hope to see you here again.
Regards

Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

The location is too far inside housing complex. Difficult mobilisation if we don't have private transportation. Food just standard. The great thing about the hotel is swimming pool on the roof top and atrium.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lidican
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property.
We do realize that our hotel is not on the main road and for that reason we do supply a complimentary shuttle service to the Nusa Dua, Beach and Kuta areas.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed the pools.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at Swissbel Bay View deluxe room during my recent short trip to Bali for business purpose. The property itself is quite old including the furniture, but the room is cozy and price is really reasonable. There are many old hotels all over the places, however as long as they are well maintained and clean, this is not a big issue for me.
Size of the room is good enough for me, since I was travelling alone. It also should not be a big issue for double occupancy with less luggage. If you are a couple or friends travelling with huge luggage, I would recommend you to choose the 1 bedroom suite, since it is very spacious and worth the price. Staff are very friendly and nice. Bathroom was clean, all amenities were in place. There was no minibar at all coz of their policy. If you require to have minibar, you need to ask for it and they will provide it to you. Breakfast had a lot of choices, and they tasted good.
Since the hotel is located up the hill, it's quite far from shops and everywhere else. I rented a car for a day, and basically bought everything I needed before returning to hotel. If you are travelling for holiday and want to relax, this place is really great. All u need is just to have your transportation arranged during your stay (renting a car or motorcycle) and you will be fine.
Swimming pools are awesome (even I didn't have a chance to swim at all) and view from rooftop restaurant is unbelievable. You could see the bay and sunset. From the rooftop restaurant, I could see the villas which belong to this hotel too. Each villa has private swimming pool and trust me, they look awesome. I met a lot of honeymooners stayed in those villas.
Only two things that maybe hotel can improve, which are to have a free wi-fi and also adding more of food selection in the menu (there was no many choices of food, and if u stay there for longer period, this can be an issue). I would definitely come back to this hotel if I am on business trip.

Room Tip: Book a suite room and request for those with view if these are something that is necessary for you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Secret T
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Secret T,
I would like to take this opportunity to than you for your recent review of our hotel.
It is indeed pleasing to read you review and to see that we have met with your expectations.
I have noted your comment about food item choice and I will discuss this further with my colleagues.
I have also noted your comment about WiFi and am pleased to advise you that we are in the process of installing a free WiFi component into our hotel.
we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next business trip.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

The Swiss-Belhotel is located on a small hill and commands beautiful views of the bay, the staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Breakfast is a highlight as the views are excellent. Shuttle services are available to key locations and a local taxi will charge Rp 100,000 to the Airport area. I found this an affordable hotel with a quiet atmosphere and a refreshing ambiance. Recommended for travelers on a budget.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank microsatellites
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear reviewer,

I would like to thank you for your comments about your stay.
I am very pleased to read of your satisfaction in our hotel, service and affordability.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Regards