“Great value for money, great staff and beautifully peaceful” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Park Hotel Nusa Dua
Ranked #36 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Perth, Australia
“Great value for money, great staff and beautifully peaceful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed with a friend of mine as part of a deal with Flight Centre from Australia - for the price I wasn't expecting too much. As it turned out - how wrong can you be! This was a lovely hotel.

The staff were super friendly, and on arrival as it was quiet and the hotel was only half full we were upgraded from a twin room to a suite - with a lounge and kitchen. Lovely!

The infinity pool on the roof is lovely with a view across to other parts of Bali. Breakfast and dinner can be served on the roof terrace which is fabulous to sit outside with the warm breeze and gentle music playing.

The room was clean and pleasantly furnished and was cleaned very well every day. The downstairs pool was very good too. The hotel were happy to help with confirming our transfers and telling us when our driver we booked had arrived - contact me about this if you need, with Wayan at balimehasatours.com. Free wifi in the lobby and a pool bar with the downstairs (wifi reaching out to poolside as well) was great.

Food was good, not a huge choice but not massively overpriced as lots of hotels are and was a good range - Indonesian and also some more western dishes like burgers, club sandwiches etc - but done very well. Great choice of drinks as well.

We were very pleasantly surprised - and though it was not on the beach nor had the full luxury of the more expensive hotels it was a fabulous stay and we were relaxed, comfortable and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. Recommended for families too. There are villas to rent, we stayed in the main hotel. There is a spa on site though we did not get round to using it as we were there for a short time and out visiting. It looked good though!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank happythundercloud
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear reviewer,
It was a great pleasure reading your review of our hotel.
I am very pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations.
thank you for taking the time to write the review and we hope to see you again in the future.
Chris MacLean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I came to the hotel with mix feeling after reading some reviews on this website.
However, since the price for 1 bedroom apartment is very reasonable, I would like to try this hotel.

The room itself is spacious, with 103 sqm and facing Benoa and Benoa new bridge.
Room is well maintained , chair, dinner table, sofa were still okay and there is a cool refrigerator in the pantry.
Air condition both in living room and bed room are working well.
There is a big terrace with table and chairs where you can work with your laptop on it.

View from rooftop was great , where the restaurant is located.
The rooftop swimming pool was also nice, with the view of the Benoa.
Another big pool is located in the ground floor and very nice also.

It is correct that hotel located is in the middle of the housing complex and far from the tourist activities, however, since I got out early morning and went back to the hotel late, I have no issue with hotel location.

The villas looks attractive from hotel , if the price is reasonable I would like to try someday.

Inputs :

Elevator was aging and smelly.
Aisle is open that will be wet if rain fall coming.
Terrace was also wet during rain fall, you must walk carefully on it.
Food taste was so so, need to be improved.
I asked a morning call at 4.15 am to the reception, but no morning call at all. When I went down to the lobby at 5 am, he just woke up.

Room Tip: ask the room that face Benoa bridge.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.
I read your comments about our hotel and was happy to read that we were able to change your mixed feelings about our hotel.
Pricing for our villas are good and they can be booked through our SBI website www.swiss-belhotel.com

Columbia, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

My wife and I stayed in 3 different rooms in the week we were here: a third floor deluxe room, a first floor deluxe room, and 1 room of a 3-bedroom suite.
The suite and suite bedroom were very nice and well supplied for our group meetings. The 3rd floor and first floor deluxe rooms had some deficiencies: The 3rd floor bathroom was not too clean-especially the toilet and grout around the shower. The first floor deluxe room (Room 112D) had water damage with peeling paint and some fresh water where the wall met the floor. I tried asking the receptionist for a work order or repair slip to report this, but I don't think I was understood, The clothes hook was also missing from the bathroom wall;
The elevator and business room in the basement, and some of the rooms had a sewer smell (not unusual for Bali Hotels.).
Air conditioners were efficient and quiet in all 3 rooms.
The reception desk is the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel - looked more like a desk for the bell hops. However service from this deck is efficient enough without a lot of guests.
Breakfast was adequate with fairly good selection. It would be good to have more variety with the pastries however. We ate other meals in the restaurant and food was reasonable and tasty.
Hotel staff were all pleasant and helpful.
Location was not convenient - hotel is a long way from anywhere. The shuttle bus does help some and they can always call a cab. Long way to the beach.
TV had many English channels, including several movie channels.
Our plane flew out at midnight and we left the hotel at 9 pm. On asking for a late checkout (around 8) I was told I would have to pay an additional 50% even though the hotel was not full and there were many empty rooms. Although this is fairly common practice we have had hotels in Bali let us stay free until 9 pm when they have empty rooms.
Free WiFi in public areas was good once it worked correctly.
I would highly recommend eating at the Laguna Garden Nusa Dua. Excellany reasonably priced food. They will provide free transportation within the Nusa Dua area. Have the hotel call 0361-775714.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I have read with some concern about the problems you experienced during your stay with but also noted that there were also many positive aspects of your stay too
we have noted the room number for the problem room and have already had the problem rectified. thank you for informing us of this.
I will check as to why my staff didn't understand your request, my apologies for that.
thank you again for taking the time to report on your stay.
Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Nice and clean hotel, room a little bit small but the bed is so comfy, great swimming pool and rooftop.. The location is a little bit far, but since I used a rent car so not a problem. The good point from it is that so quiet so we can have good rest at night.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your rest during your stay here.
We do have a complimentary shuttle which can also be used to go to Kuta, Nusa Dua and the beach.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

First I was little bit concern about the price that showed in Agoda, it's relatively cheap for an one bedroom apartment completed with living room and pantry. Because in the similar price, another hotel just provide the very standard room. But when I came I was surprised because of the room size. I got one big living room completed with TV, one dining room for four persons, complete kitchen set, and the separated bedroom with TV and little sofa. And also the bathroom with bathtub and shower.

I Love the restaurant where the breakfast served, the panorama make us enjoy our breakfast time very much.

My trip was helped by the free shuttle from the hotel to Kuta or Nusa Dua... Because the distance between Nusa Dua-Kuta is far and traffic, thus it helped us to press the budget.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
I was very pleased to read your comments about your stay in our hotel.
We have tried to create a value for money experience here and it seems that we have achieved that for you.
The view from our restaurant is good and I agree does make breakfast, or for that matter lunch and dinner a nicer experience.

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

It was perfect. The staff was very helpful and attentive. I got my room upgraded from deluxe to 1-bedroom suite. It's nice.

The strong points were its attentive staff, the location which is close to the airport, and its quiet neighbourhood thanks to its exclusive lot of location.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jakworld
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Jakworld,

I would like to thank you for your recent review of our property.
I was very pleased to read that our employees met with your expectations and that you enjoyed the room upgrade.
FYI, with the opening of the new Toll road soon, it will be even quicker to get to and from the airport as the access is very close to our hotel.
Hope to see you here again.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

The location is too far inside housing complex. Difficult mobilisation if we don't have private transportation. Food just standard. The great thing about the hotel is swimming pool on the roof top and atrium.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Lidican
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property.
We do realize that our hotel is not on the main road and for that reason we do supply a complimentary shuttle service to the Nusa Dua, Beach and Kuta areas.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed the pools.

Travellers are raving about these Nusa Dua hotels