“Horrible hotel ,terrible staff”

Park Hotel Nusa Dua
Ranked #36 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Horrible hotel ,terrible staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Hi, my family & I love bali & like the area Nusa Dua to stay in. I found this hotel on the net & booked it through the flight centre. The hotel is disgusting . , falling apart , smells , rooms dirty , staff can not even Speke English ,breakfast horrible. This hotel was built in 2006 the manager said but it has not been maintained . The photos on there web site were either taken back then or photo shopped. Don't waste your good money on this place , there were two family's & both 2 bedroom suite were terrible . My husband complained we were up graded for the last two day to a villa which was semi ok, but not like the net pictures . We wasted our good earned money on this HORRIBLE HOTEL & VILLA'S. DISGUSTING . We will never stay at a Swiss Bell chain ever again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa M
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We are very sad to read your disappointment in your stay and as I am aware of your room number, I have investigated the matter personally.
We apologize for our inability to meet your requirements but I am glad that my staff were able to upgrade your room to one of our villas.

C. MacLean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We opted to stay in this hotel because it is part of the Wyndham group. I have nothing but good experiences in the hotel. Boodi, Farid, Bedi, Agung and the lovely lady at the tour desk made our stay in Bali very comfortable. The Sky View restaurant was very convenient and given that the hotel is not centrally located, a shuttle or a taxi makes everything very accessible. The service from the staff is as good as you'll get anywhere. Nothing is too much trouble for these guys. An example of the service is: on check out, as we were leaving the hotel, I left my wallet that had a few important cards inside, they had to radio the security on the gate to ensure that I did not leave without my wallet. I am very thankful that the staff had this level of concern for their guests. Look, I fully get that english is not the staff's first language but I am very surprised at how easily I can get my point across. We stayed in room 307S which is a spacious room. We even considered flying someone else to Bali to take advantage of the more than adequate space. Overall the main thing you need to consider is that the hotel is not centrally located to major shopping precints but like I said its only a hop and skip away via shuttle and taxi.

Chris, pls extend our thank you to your staff for a lovely stay. We will definitely be back soon!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.
I was very pleased to hear that you got your wallet back and I have thanked the staff responsible for this action.
As English is not their first language, I was also please to read that the employees were able to meet your needs and requests.
We do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I here travelled a lot in the last few years and it's very rare that I would consider writing a review of this nature on trip advisor. Usually the hotels we choose to stay in are good value for money and in a good location. The Swiss Belhotel, however, is not one of those hotels. My description here is a very candid and realistic look at our experience. The check in was a breeze. We asked for a hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel for 150000 IDR. When we went up to our room (a deluxe room) it was very small- very different to how it was advertised in the pictures online. Usually a small room would not bother us at all, because we were on holiday in a different country,and we usually like to see the sights. This brings me to my second point- the location. This hotel is situated on the top of hill with a beautiful view of Nusa Dua. The problem is that it is so far away from anything that you need a driver or a taxi to explore the areas. If you just want to pop out for quick dinner, you can't because it is about a 15 minute walk to the main road and there is very little in the area. Again this wouldn't be a problem- the hotel supplies a shuttle bus to Kuta and Nusa Dua. But the times of the shuttle bus are so awkward that if you go to Nusa Dua for the day, shuttle will come and collect you at around 4pm to take you back to the hotel. And if you go to Kuta for the day the shuttle comes to collect you at 6:30pm. Of course, in both situations,you get back to the hotel very early,and you are either forced to call a taxi to take you to a restaurant to eat, or eat at the hotel- which has a very limited selection of food. Don't expect the staff at the hotel to give you any advice on a good restaurant though- they cannot understand English. Every evening we would need to check the internet for a good place to eat, and then ask the concierge to call a taxi- one if the few things they understood. There were 4 occasions where we asked for a wake up call in the morning, because we were going on tour or had a driver. We were only woken up once. Most of the time the staff did not have a clue what we were talking About. They were very friendly and said yes to everything,but understood very little. At one stage we got so frustrated - we asked about something and we're told to look at the lights in the distance. We would often ask for something and be told something completely unrelated. It became a joke after a while. I don't really have a problem if English is not understood,but then don't pretend to understand because then the wrong information is given. The pool in the center of the hotel looks lovely? Just remember that any noise that is made in that pool gets sent right up and through the rest of the hotel. So if you are planning on a nice late morning, you may just get rudely awoken by children playing and screaming in the pool. So, if I we're you, I would chose another hotel. Or if you are considering staying here, spend the extra and get a suite. The location is really bad, so be prepared to spend up to 100 000 IDR per taxi ride, to either Nusa Dua or Kuta (probably a little more to Kuta). And be prepared to put up with a lot if misinformation. Don't expect wonders of the buffet...it is made up mainly of fried noodles, fried rice and other very oily dishes. We went to breakfast on several occasions, and found small insects crawling all over the toast. I picked up a piece if toast,and these little creepy crawlers were all over. Both if us really struggled with this. All in all, a bad experience- spend your money on another hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Migandy
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Migandy,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
I was concerned to read the comments in your post and am obviously sad that we did not meet your expectations during your stay.
I have asked my department Manager to check on your comments about the English language ability of our staff, as well as your wake up calls.
We do try to control the sounds from people using the pool, especially children, but there are times when they are loud.
I am also concerned about your comments about the insects and will review this personally.
Its with input from our guests that we are able to review our operation so we again thank you for your comments.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

If you're ok with being a little removed from the action then this is a lovely, peaceful spot to be.
There are 3 shuttles daily to Kuta and regular shuttles to Bali Collection by Nusa Dua Beach.
The opening of the new tollway since we were there in September has made it that much quicker to get to Kuta and Benoa Harbour either by private car or taxi.
Good menu & reasonable prices at the restaurant or room service. The staff are just gorgeous! Always eager to help.
We stayed in a 1 bed villa which was just bliss. Our own pool and garden (cleaned daily) & plenty of privacy. Choice of pools in the resort too if you don't mind company.
We'll go again!

Room Tip: The villas further up the drive (lower numbers) are the most private.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Reviewer,
thank you for taking the time to review our property.
It is very true that the new toll road has made access to other areas in Bali much faster, especially to the airport, Kuta and Sanur.
I will pass on your comments about our staff to all the managers who will be,I am sure, as pleased as I am with your words.
Thank you for your visit and we hope you will return to Bali again soon.
regards
GM
Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I took other negative reviews about Swiss-Bell Bay-View with a grain of salt and I am not one to complain, but this place was terrible.
We booked the last 3 nights of our honeymoon at the swiss bell and ended up staying only one. We were told that there would be no refund once we booked and I was fine with that - anything not to stay there for another night.
The suite was a fair size and check in was a breeze - that's where the positive experience stopped.
The cold and out dated decor was like a flash back to the 70's and the room stunk like smoke. The surrounding rooms and hallways were very noisy, above sounded like someone was constantly dragging chairs across the room, from the hallways came an annoying squeaking sound from the service elevator and humming from the generator - I was told by reception that it was just the wind.
Our toilet constantly ran and leaked all over the floor. I asked for an upgrade for our last few nights of our honeymoon and they were happy to accommodate and moved us 2 rooms over on the same floor - hardly an upgrade. Food was horrible and with the inconvenient location we were unable to leave easily to access better options.
There was a shuttle that dropped us off at the beach (we were told that it was a 10 min walk to he beach but found out that it was a 15 min drive). We were able to find another hotel along the boardwalk and are looking forward to spending our last few nights at the stunning beachfront of Nusa Dua.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay
We are very sad to read of your disappointment in our property during your recent stay.
I will look into the points you have mentioned with the departments concerned.

Regards

Travellers are raving about these Nusa Dua hotels

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

My family and I were amazed with the size of the room and the beautiful balcony view that comes with it. Nice quiet surrounding. Checking in was a breeze and the staff were friendly and polite. However the buffet breakfast could do with more variety / different variety each day. Overall we were very satisfied. Certainly value for money. As always, having stayed at Swiss Belhotel in different locations I always find it a pleasant experience. Keep up the good standards.
Many thanks to all your staff.

Best regards,
Roslan

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We are looking at a review of our breakfast this month, and hopefully we will have more choices in the future.
We try to extend value for money and are pleased that you felt this about our hotel.
Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Regards
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I thoroughly recommend this hotel, it's a little off the beaten track but not enough that it poses problems. I travelled with my family, including 3 children and I can't praise the staff enough for the way they treated my kids, the kids especially loved the little touches like the animal sculptures made of towels on the bed each day. They couldn't wait to come home each night to see what had been left for them.We stayed in a family room which consists of a suite and a deluxe room joined. It was spacious, clean and well appointed and had a very nice view from the balcony to boot. Internet service was patchy, but to be fair there was a number of prominent signs apologising for works they had underway to improve things.
We ate breakfast in the hotel each morning and were more than happy with the buffet on offer. It's not fine dining, but it was hot, fresh and tasty. We had dinner at the hotel a couple of times on their "special" nights and really enjoyed ourselves. The kids loved the attention the wait staff lavished on them.

All in all we had a lovely time and I recommend this place to other families looking for a nice, clean reasonably priced hotel in the Nusa Dua area.

Room Tip: Try for a suite on the upper floors, the views are very nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for the review.
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with the service extended by the employees.
It is correct that we are experiencing some intermittent problems with the internet and we are currently upgrading to solve this problem. hopefully complete within this month.
We are happy you enjoyed the food and the special nights, which we are going to extend in the future.