“Not Friendly Staff and not really Good view from our room.”

Park Hotel Nusa Dua
Ranked #35 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“Not Friendly Staff and not really Good view from our room.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

last two month i stay in this hotel and i decided to make this review because i know this hotel one of the famous hotel in indonesia (maybe), but unfortunately i've got bad experience about this hotel, and the main point is about the hospitality from their staff, i stayed the end of January this year with my friend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear reviewer,
thank you for taking the time to comment on our property.
Unfortunately, without greater details I am unable to check on what has occurred during your visit.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 7 March 2014

In my opinion this beautiful hotel can bring a lovely and friendly stay for you and your family...maybe it is not a very luxurious hotel but the environment and view of hotel,nice swimming pools (one in basement and one in top roof),staff behaviour,shuttle service to shopping centers and beaches,delicious food and other things makes you feel satisfied with your stay at this beautiful hotel..

Room Tip: villas of hotel are more beautiful...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 622traveller
Dear reviewer,
thank you for your comments and taking the time to review our hotel.
We were very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay.
We are also happy to read you enjoyed the food and service.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Last month, I noticed there are more positive reviews on TA about this hotel, so I decided to give it a try for 3 nights. Unfortunately, my experience was not positive.

Good points:
affordable rate for a 2-bedroom apartment, some friendly staff (esp one of the restaurant staff), an okay breakfast and in-room dining, nice view from the roof-top restaurant.

Bad points:
room is old and tired (see photos), room has some musky smell, plenty of insects, dirty balcony (they never cleaned it I guess!), corridors are dark and creepy, location is deep in a housing area - not near to beach, limited shuttle service, no other dining options nearby, a staff complained about low wages - perhaps that explain the lack of initiative many of the staff, overall, our holiday became less enjoyable because of these shortcomings.

1 Thank HYY_T
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your input and comments.
Whilst we do carry out a regular disinfestation program, due to our proximity to the natural environment, some bugs do get through.
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in regards to service3 but would state that I do not believe that it is related to salary.

Travellers are raving about these Nusa Dua hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

As i'm writing this review, i'm actually still sitting in the living room of our 2 bedroom suite. That's how excited i am to give my feedback about this place. My parents arrived here first 2 days ago and i arrived several hours later with my two toddlers. For one thing, this hotel isn't actually too friendly for young kids; they lack in children's facilities. But my kids were having a field day in our spacious apartment. They began a 15 minute exploration even before removing their backpacks. The room had wowed us from the very first step in. Cleanliness is okay. There was a minor glitch with the AC in our bedrooms, but after a short complaint things were taken care of most professionally. The kitchen is very elaborate i could even reheat a leftover pasta. The breakfast buffet are quite nice, and the room service menu is great too; also with very reasonable price. The staff are friendly without that annoying superficial feeling that is usually common with people working in hotels. The ambience is so homey that whenever my kids are getting cranky on our day trips they always beg us to go back to our "rumah hotel" or "hotel home" as they call it. And what had made quite an impression is what we found when we got back to our room this afternoon. There on the bed the kids and i have been using sat a towel elephant and towel bunny rabbit. My kids were ecstatic (and giving me a hard time when i accidentally knocked the bunny's head off). Regardless of the intricate craft the housekeeper did, what touches me most is the attention to details, the care, and the adorable way of showing it. I thank whoever you are who made up room 209s on our last night here. I believe what you've been doing here is not just working, but you're loving your job. And all these things just make me even more excited to come back.
So good bye, nice hotel, hope we see you again soon!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your very kind comments.
I am very pleased to read that you are enjoying your stay and that your children are having fun in the large room.
I was glad to read we fixed the AC problem to your satisfaction and that you find other facilities meet your requirements.
We do look forward to welcoming you back.
Regards
Chris MacLean
GM
bandung, indonesia
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I am staying right now. This is the first night of two nights. The hotel is very old it,s like back to the 90's. The staff service was horrible. It,s like the soul of the hotel is missing. I think it needs a lot of renovating. At the main lobby entrance there,re beoken stone carving

I,m staying at deluxe room. The room is very dark because the only window available is to the utility area. The ac was placed directly to the bed. It,s a very small room. I usually like small rooms but this one is extraordinary :(

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank dinardi
Dear Reviewer,
I am sorry to read that you find our hotel in this way.
As you are still in house, please feel free to visit our Front office who will show you the other room categories we have available.
Regards
Chris MacLean
GM
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Hi, my family & I love bali & like the area Nusa Dua to stay in. I found this hotel on the net & booked it through the flight centre. The hotel is disgusting . , falling apart , smells , rooms dirty , staff can not even Speke English ,breakfast horrible. This hotel was built in 2006 the manager said but it has not been maintained . The photos on there web site were either taken back then or photo shopped. Don't waste your good money on this place , there were two family's & both 2 bedroom suite were terrible . My husband complained we were up graded for the last two day to a villa which was semi ok, but not like the net pictures . We wasted our good earned money on this HORRIBLE HOTEL & VILLA'S. DISGUSTING . We will never stay at a Swiss Bell chain ever again.

1 Thank Lisa M
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We are very sad to read your disappointment in your stay and as I am aware of your room number, I have investigated the matter personally.
We apologize for our inability to meet your requirements but I am glad that my staff were able to upgrade your room to one of our villas.

C. MacLean
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We opted to stay in this hotel because it is part of the Wyndham group. I have nothing but good experiences in the hotel. Boodi, Farid, Bedi, Agung and the lovely lady at the tour desk made our stay in Bali very comfortable. The Sky View restaurant was very convenient and given that the hotel is not centrally located, a shuttle or a taxi makes everything very accessible. The service from the staff is as good as you'll get anywhere. Nothing is too much trouble for these guys. An example of the service is: on check out, as we were leaving the hotel, I left my wallet that had a few important cards inside, they had to radio the security on the gate to ensure that I did not leave without my wallet. I am very thankful that the staff had this level of concern for their guests. Look, I fully get that english is not the staff's first language but I am very surprised at how easily I can get my point across. We stayed in room 307S which is a spacious room. We even considered flying someone else to Bali to take advantage of the more than adequate space. Overall the main thing you need to consider is that the hotel is not centrally located to major shopping precints but like I said its only a hop and skip away via shuttle and taxi.

Chris, pls extend our thank you to your staff for a lovely stay. We will definitely be back soon!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.
I was very pleased to hear that you got your wallet back and I have thanked the staff responsible for this action.
As English is not their first language, I was also please to read that the employees were able to meet your needs and requests.
We do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
C. MacLean