“Repeat trips - still feels great”

Park Hotel Nusa Dua
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have been to this hotel several times since couple years ago, so I guess it is time to update my review. Some good things remain, but some needs improvements.
The good things: Pool, especially the rooftop pool. My kids plain love it. The view from the roof top is just amazing as the hotel is located up on the hill. Rooms in the 2-room suite are good sized, beds and sheets are really comfortable. It is not easy to find hotels with 2 or 3-rooms suite, so it is absolutely great for families who don't want to be separated. Living area make it comfortable to gather together. The kitchen is good sized, with basic utensils provided, such as pots and pans, which make it easy to prepare quick meals if you just don't feel to go out. Overall, rooms are still well maintained. Staffs are wonderful if you have questions about where to go. Also we had problems at night with the AC not really working well and staff show up within 15 minutes to fix it. Thumbs up. Overall, the exterior of the hotel is still acceptable.
The bad things: Some areas in the hotel needs touch up/fix. You can see small parts of the ceiling in the hallway are torn (in front of 309). Also in this age, you can barely find tube TV's anymore, also considering the size of the living room or the master bedroom, 32 or 40 inch is kind of small. Location is still in a remote area in Nusa Dua, so you'd better have a transportation.
Summary: I still recommend this hotel to friends and family who needs more than just a bedroom.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Wilibona
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your comments and the input about the rooms.
They are indeed great for families.
I have also noted your comments about the televisions and we are currently looking at replacing these in the future.
The spot you mentioned was caused by a water leak and we are now in the process of repairing it.
We look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you for recommending us to your friends.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We are staying here in one of their luxury villas and we just love it....heaven! It has a huge pool (not just a plunge pool like some other places) at one end outdoor kitchen and lounge and the other a huge comfy day bed. Inside lovely bedroom and huge bathroom also with a/c. All in all it is just paradise only problem is it makes it hard to go out. In fact today we have decided to just sit by the pool and relax! There is only one negative to the whole experience, and that is the breakfast provided in the upstairs restaurant of the adjoining hotel - have got to the point where we don't look forward tout at all. Very little choice of western food, there is good fruit and good coffee and tea, but that is about it. The omelettes are tasteless and would make good shoe leather! The toaster, which has 6 slots for bread but only the far left one actually cooks 2 sides of the bread ( discovered after several painstaking days!) the 2nd slot cooks1 side and the rest don't work at all! Not very good. If there was somewhere else nearby to go for breakfast we would do. It, but unfortunately it.is a bit isolated! We do have our own kitchen, and we could shop and prepare our own breakfast, but breakfast is included in the rates and who wants to do that on holidays.
Such a shame but otherwise a perfect location and wonderful villas. Every morning when we come back to our room we can't wait to see what type if animal they have folded the towels into on the bed, so far we gave had swans a dog and today elephants!!!

Room Tip: Just be sure to stay in a villa the hotel doesn't look so nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenBCanberra_

Dear reviewer,
Many thanks for the comments you have posted.
We have noted your comments about the breakfast and have taken the necessary action with the check to improve our omelets.
we have also worked on the toaster and it is now working well.
I was please to read you enjoyed the villa and the pool.

thank you again for taking the time to comment.

C.MacLean

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Booked a 'cheap deal' on the internet for a 'deluxe' room. The only way to describe the room, was it was a box with a narrow window view of the outside world! Basically two foot wider and longer than a queen bed, a side table with a stool and a small ensuite. There was a window that looked out alongside the walls of another two rooms and could not be opened. The a/c dripped and was mostly just keeping the air chilled but could not get any colder. The sink plug hardly drained. the window blind was broken but I fixed it so it would stay up. The two pools were clean and tidy but with the high winds we experienced whilst we were there, too cold to sit around. The worst was the restaurant. Food choice limited and a little pricey I thought, whilst the breakfast buffet was cold and inedible! Won't be returning.

Room Tip: I don't know of one !
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alan_vitali
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear reviewer,

I was concerned to read you comments after your recent visit to our hotel.
The room you chose is the smallest we have, and that is why they are offered at the lower price.
I have noted the comments you have made about the rooms and will endeavor to identify the room in which you stayed to seem what we can do about the problems you experienced.
we apologise for these problems and thank you for brining them to our attention.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

First of all, I would like to disclose , I am a business traveller so certainly there were reviews made by people who made it there for holiday which kinda made me rolled my eyes.

The building of the Swiss bel hotel bayview is seriously having signs of aging , nothing like shown in the photos. They are tired looking basically, and I was not surprised to find that they are using keys to enter the room and not to mention tube television are still in use. If you walked around you can sense a tired facade and smell of musty odour permeating the air, giving an aura of AGING.
The lifts are fitted with foul smelling potpourri air fresheners, which gave me some light headaches if I stayed too long inside the lift. Somebody ought to get shot for choosing that smell...urghhh.....

The room is rather small, but being a business traveler, I have no problem with that. However I just realized the existence of apartment like units adjacent to the room itself. Hmm....then I just realized the entire building are technically designed as Apartment hotels which has a rather odd mixture, it is like as if an Apartment is trying so hard to be a hotel. Nothing to complain about cleanliness inside but one thing , the building inside is indeed showing its age.

Breakfast : sigh.....well being business traveler in many parts of Indonesia, perhaps I should not complain as I had experienced some worse breakfast before. BUT being a frequent customer of Swiss bel Danum in Palangkaraya, Central Kalimantan, I have to say the breakfast has a lot of things need to be improved. I would not elaborate too much here, but if the mgmt does read my review, the mgmt should have take a look at its fellow Swiss Bel chain Danum, Palangkaraya, Central Kalimantan. One thing I have to say, Swiss bel Bayview should at least try to introduce one or two balinese fare as breakfast item.

Service : Nothing to complain, the people working in Swiss bel Bayview , they were doing their best during my stay. Unfortunately, such zeal in service should be accompanied with revamp and renovation of the entire building and facilities. The terrace restaurants at the 6th floor are just too old with tired looking furnitures all around .....sigh...well what to do ???

The Gym and spa are under renovation.....pity I was looking forward to use the Gym though...

Overall, I don't have any significant complaints during my stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Galdan2013

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your recent comments which I have discussed with our management.
We are concerned to read of your disappointment but are grateful that you have brought the points to our attention.
It is correct that we have some very large apartments and the room in which you stayed is one of the smallest categories we have.
We have also noted your comments about breakfast and would advise that as we run a rotation system, we do not always have Balinese/Indonesian dishes on the buffet, but we do have, most of the time.
I appreciate the comments about our employees and we are currently looking at a renovation program, which hopefully will improve the overall image of the hotel.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I initially booked a deluxe room, noted the 25m cubed size and then upgraded to a suite, lucky we did. The suite was on level 2 a reasonably large sized apartment with lovely air-conditioning, open plan kitchen, lounge, dinning and a balcony. Serviced daily we always had a clean room and towels were always replaced. The hotel itself is very large and some areas are run down and aged, some parts looked like they were not in use. The staff were friendly and were quick to cater for us. We utilised the free shuttle and booked activities that included free pick up/drop off, remember to use bali taxis with a blue bird on them as they run a metre which is way more affordable. With two amazing pool areas we were spoilt for choice and spent most time on the roof where the hotels restaurant is also located. The food at the restaurant featured delicious Balinese dishes and western food, which we enjoyed daily along with a great affordable beverage menu. The room included daily buffet breakfast which was lovely, keep in mind western food made in other countries may look great but not quite taste the same.
I would return as I enjoyed being out of town the view was stunning and I had restful sleeps.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jade_Victoria_NZ
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our property and that you found the accommodation to your liking.
we are in the process of upgrading the hotel, in terms of repainting and renovations and hopefully, on your next visit you will see the changes.
we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Dear Manager,

I don't know how to start to write this review for expressing the great feeling that I still have until now because of what an enormous surprise did by your staff, Mr. Suardipe. We got back from our special trip to Ubud and we found that room so clean with a relaxation smell left and the nice message accompany the special decoration in our bed. My little one can't stop to touch the little swan made from towels by Mr.Suardipe and difficult for not having respect and grateful to whole effort that he has put on for ensuring that we enjoy our stay here. He has been provided the exceptional services since in the beginning of my experience at your hotel in September 2013 and he never stop to delivers the remarkable services until now. He is one of the reason that I am taking time for writing this remarks because I don't know how is the best way to express my grateful except sharing it with others so they will have a chance for having the fascinating time and enjoying the superb services. I am still in my 1 bed-room suite #506S when I write this down. This is my 4th time experience at your hotel and I believe that I will be back again in a near future. This is happened one of other things influenced by the exceptional people who delivers what an extraordinary services. I realize there are some issues need to fix it up due to the condition of your property especially the smell in the bath room, elevator and the mould and also the quality of pillow. But by the end of the day, I really can't remember when is the last time that I complained about that seem those are nothing compare with the overall feeling that me and my little family feel everytime when we stay here. The stunning view from the room, the cleanness of the room, the willingness for providing the 'beyond' casual services, a location which far away from the 'typical tourist area' and of course the quality of services especially provided by the housekeeping team are amongst other things that always bring me and my family back to this hotel. I have been traveling a lot and I do believe that service is one significant keys in the business which will make the different. Therefore, please recognize all the excellent people - Mr. Suardipe, Mr. Komang and Ms. Mesya - who always left in my head because I never feel that I have say thank you enough for what an extraordinary services offered to me and my family anytime I stay here. They are really one of the finest peoples that I have been ever met in the whole trips that I've done. At the end of the day, what the most important is a 5 star services instead of 5 star hotel. Your hotel has that and I strongly recommend it for every traveller who wants to enjoy the 'genuine hospitality of Bali'.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CSR72
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear reviewer,
I was thrilled to read your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel.
I was especially pleased to read of your surprise and enjoyment towards the efforts of our room attendant in cleaning the room and placing the towel animals. I have sent a copy of these comments him. I have also noted your comments about our other team members and they have also been notified of your wonderful comments.
I thank you for identifying the problems in your room and we will look into these also.
We thank you for your recommendations and we do hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here in May last year and were amazed at the spaciousness of the rooms, especially the family suites. We were absolutely spoilt for choice. The rooftop view was incredible and dinner was lovely. We felt like we were the only ones at the hotel, it is quiet and the pool area is quite private and has the most beautiful waterfall at the end of it. Staff were great and we could not believe the value for $$. Would highly recommend to families, it is a taxi ride to Nusa Dua but it is not far away. We had spent 8 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel and this was a pleasant wind down from the hustle and bustle of Kuta. Highly recommend to other travellers, a real hidden gem in the Nusa Dua hills.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JulesJordan
General Manager _, General Manager at Park Hotel Nusa Dua, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear reviewer,
I was very pleased to read your comments on our property and the fact that you enjoyed your stay.
The property does indeed offer a respite from the other busy areas in Bali but still remains close enough for easy travel, especially with the new toll road.
Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.