We decided at the last minute to visit Bali on a budget, and decided to go with the Novotel.
We had some issues--well, quite a few actually. But the staff were so incredibly helpful and efficient in their handling of these issues, that we're giving it 4 stars.
The first thing to be aware of is that this hotel is a bit top-heavy--lots of rooms, but few facilities compared to the volume of guests it can take at one time. There's one restaurant, one cafe, and one bar, for example, and breakfast can be downright manic. Most mornings we weren't able to get a high chair for our bub, because it was so crowded, and we had to get in early or most of the good stuff would run out. Considering that the hotel is in the Nusa Dua area--which is car-dependent (access to most places via vehicle or a _very_ long walk) and isn't the spot to visit if you like walking around and visiting markets, this shows a lack of foresight in hotel planning and development. Tourists stuck in car-dependent areas like to have lots of options on hand.
The pool is big enough though, and while we enjoyed using it we nearly had our stay ruined by a thief, who stole my wife's dress from our lounge chair while we were in the water with our daughter. That put a real dampener on things, but the hotel couldn't really be expected to do anything about it. They were extremely apologetic and helpful, taking details and doing what little they could.
Our 3yo has allergies, so it wasn't always easy securing her an allergy-free meal in other parts of Bali, but the hotel restaurant handled it well. They even baked her a special loaf of allergy-free bread every morning, served with home-made jams. As allergy parents this was something we were really grateful for. It made our stay.
The spa was one of the best my wife's had in-house -- but she doesn't recommend the pedicure, which was a bit messy because the therapist was working in an area with poor light. The gym looked really well-equipped but we were turned off by the presence of the personal trainers...I don't know why! We'd just rather work out in private?
The beach club is accessed by the beach bus every 15-20 mins, which our daughter loved. The beach itself is a nice place to relax, and the bar service nice and speedy if you wave frantically. ;) Warning: There was a very strong current when we were swimming, just a few meters from shore and within the nets, so keep an eye on the little ones.
We were upgraded from the deluxe room to the one-bedroom pool view suite, which had it's own kitchen, living area and balcony overlooking the pool. We kind of wished we were in the deluxe room, though. The room was huge...but the bathroom just let it down. We kept having hot water issues and there were rust stains all over the sides of the bath. The limescale build-up on the black tiles were an eye-sore, and the bottom of the bath had non-slip textured dots all over it which had blackened over time...not exactly appealing if you like a good soak on a holiday. Also, the drainage was just plain weird--the sides of the bath catch any water run-off from the shower and run it directly into a gutter on the floor at the base of the tub. It made it difficult to have a shower without getting the entire floor wet.
Overall, this is a good family hotel with excellent service--it's just probably not one we'd personally try again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel is located in the heart of tranquil Indonesia Tourism Development Corporation, Nusa Dua. Close to Bali International Convention Center, Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center, and Bali Collection. Only 45 minutes away from the famous Uluwatu Temple, and within 5 minutes walking to Bali National Golf Club. It features 173 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, many with pool and garden views. The hotel offers five stars resort facilities including private beach club well-known for the beautiful sunrise view, 1500 sqm lagoon pool, spa, sauna, fitness center, kids club, meeting and conference rooms. Spacious rooms, some are fully equipped with living room, dining, kitchen and private balcony or pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel And Residences
- Novotel Nusa Dua Bali
- Nusa Dua Novotel
- Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences