“Absolutely perfect for a family holiday”

Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We have two kids under 10 and rented one bed suite. Only one double but they bring in massage bed from balcony (huge). Other child slept on 2m long sofa. Recommend ask for high floor and def avoid ground floor as everyone sees in.
Kids club was beyond amazing. Plenty of staff & made children feel very comfortable. You can drop off/collect your kids at your wish. Once they dressed in traditional Balinese costume and taken to a temple (at hotel gate) and on another they made pizza!
Noodles, balls and rings available in pool as you sit on the many available sun beds and enjoy a cool drink looking right at them in the shallow end.
The negatives are service is very slow, takes ages for food/drinks to arrive. Could also complain it's not next to beach but a shuttle bus is every 10 minutes that takes 2 minutes. It was so windy we'd have hated to be at a hotel right on beach.
I could say more positive things but will leave it there. I strongly recommend this place if you have young kids, we had a fabulous time.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best, definitely avoid ground floor.
4  Thank Ben K
novotelbalinusadua, Front Office Manager at Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Ben K,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate receiving feedback and it is always shared with our team here.

Please accept my apology regarding the slow service arround the pool, the department concerned would refresh and monitor to avoid the same problem.

We hope to welcome you back to in the very near future.

Benny

Write a ReviewReviews (2,993)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I along with our 2 daughters aged 2 years and 6mths stayed here for 11 nights in Aug 2014 (from the 8th - 19th Aug just after midnight flight) paid for the extra night to guarantee the room for full day use. We were also travelling with a couple friend of ours and this resort was the perfect choice as it suited both families and couples!

The resort was fantastic, pool area was wonderful with some kids toys (balls/noodles etc) plenty of day beds/loungers around the pool and lovely garden areas. Buffet breakfast was great with a huge selection of hot and cold foods, pretty much all tastes were catered for - egg station was awesome, eggs/omelettes cooked to order and the waffles were also a big hit. The only slight negative/improvement that I could make to breakfast would be to have savoury topping options for the toast (only condiments were jam) my daughter loves peanut butter so will take my own next time!

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment and had 2 portacots (available through the hotel) set up in the living area between the lounge and dining room. The room was plenty big enough to accommodate this without making it feel crowded. The only slight negative was that the cots were not set up when we first arrived. This was quickly rectified by the hotel.

Our daughters also became unwell whilst we were away, the hotel staff were wonderful and arranged a doctor from the local hospital to come out and do a consult in our room, we even were able to speak with the doctor before hand so that he could get an idea of the symptoms and ensure he had appropriate medication of required. There was a fee of course which we were able to charge back to the room and settle when we checked out. The hotel even sent us a basket of fruit and a note to wish us a speedy recovery- very personalised service. Every request/enquiry and the occassional issue were address promptly by the hotel, Tina at the front desk was excellent!

There are some great restaurants within a short walk from the hotel (either out the back or front) as well as some cheap massage etc places. The hotel beach is set up very nicely and is a very short bus trip away- we didn't walk it because of the 2 young children, but it could easily be walked.

The only other slight negative was regarding babysitting through the hotel, as our girls were too young to use the kids club, the hotel advised that we could use a babysitter for 60,000 Rp per hour. This was all discussed via email prior to me booking the hotel. It wasn't until I went to book the nanny service that I was then advised that it was per child per hour and not per nanny. It was fine and we simply used an outside nanny that we had used on a previous trip to Bali. She was excellent and I would definitely recommend her.

Overall an excellent experience and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment - overlooking the pool has a much nicer outlook than the rear of...
2  Thank KerryandCam

Dear KerryandCam,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

Your feedback is truly valued and I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Kindly to inform that we really appreciate your suggestion in regards to the topping options for the toast during breakfast and I apologize for the baby cot and baby sitter arrangement.

Overall, I am so happy to hear that you had a great holiday experience and we are definitely looking forward to your upcoming stay with us.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Definitely a family hotel for kids, not too sure whether it is ideal for older clientele, close to Buala, where you can walk down the street, no direct access to the beach but they do have a shuttle bus that goes to and from the beach, Lots of noise in the background, and quite a way to walk from lobby to your room, the rooms are large, abit excessive. prefer a much more quieter complex and privacy. Furnishings are outdated requires a major overhaul, but once again ideal for the younger families and the like.

Room Tip: This hotel is good for young children, however probably not for older adults, as getting around the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
novotelbalinusadua, Front Office Manager at Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Josephine N,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback at the same time thank you for having chosen us as part of your holiday destination whilst you are in Bali.

Our team really concerned to all guests, from individuals, couple and family. We also dedicate some of our rooms for handicap guest so they can have better access .
Based on availability we are pleased to accommodate special request ( quiet room, certain floors, certain view, etc ) for the guest comfort ability & likes.

I sincerely hope you would return and look forward to the time I can welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Great stay friendly happy staff. Arsa the sports coordinator and his staff were the best. From the early morning power walks stretching classes and water aerobics.
Good for families with young children.
But that doesn't spoil it for us oldies.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank kimjecks

Dear kimjecks,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback at the same time thank you for having chosen as part of your holiday destination whilst you are in Bali.

We greatly appreciate on your tremendous compliments upon our team for which certainly I will share it with them especially to Arsa and his team.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

It's a beautiful hotel, the rooms are spacious and classy, the food is good and reasonably priced, and the pool is beautiful. But this isn't a hotel for couples looking for a romantic break. If you don't mind the constant noise of screaming kids then this is the place for you. We had a pool view room which we were initially happy about, but when you're woken at 7.30 every morning to the noise of kids in the pool, the view quickly starts to lose it's appeal. Don't get me wrong, if you're traveling with small kids, this place is perfect, it's just not for couples who like to sleep in, or perhaps ask for a room at the back overlooking the garden.
Wireless is a big thing for me when I choose a hotel; here they have two options, a free service which is slow and the connection often just drops off and requires you to log in again; or an expensive higher speed option that runs at $15 a day.
Lastly, we had a slight debacle regarding pool towels, to the point where I had to get a bit feisty with the staff. They have the usual towel card system, swap the card for a towel, return the towel and get your card back. On the first day we did this and when returning the towels there was a guy in front of me causing some confusion with how many towels he needed to return. I waited 10 minutes while a queue built up behind me. Eventually one of the towel staff took my towels and I signed the book to get my cards back. Next day around 6pm having not used the pool that day I get a knock at the door and two male staff ask me if I have pool towels in my room. Before I have the chance to answer one guy is walking into my room saying he wants to check the bathroom. I had to physically put my hand up to stop him going in as my wife was showering. He muttered an apology and left. Then at around midnight a letter is pushed under the door requesting me to return the used pool towels. So I immediately phoned reception to tell them to stop harassing us about non-existent pool towels and that I have my towel cards in my possession. Seems a bit over the top and not the kind of treatment I would expect from a 5 star hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karlito1974

Dear Sir/Madam,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

Kindly to inform that as one of the Tripadvisor family travelers' choice 2014 hotel, we accommodate family guest and provide many activities for all ages on daily basis, however at the same time we also pleased to accommodate honeymooners, business travelers, groups and individuals.

Please accept my apology regarding towel card system, as we tried to provide daily fresh and clean towels to our guest, we have discussed with the departments concerned to avoid the same problem in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stay here two nights. All my family like the hotel. Small lobby but big room. We stay in the two room suite. The room including living room, dining room. Two room and two bathroom and very big balcony. My two little girls 7 and 5 especially enjoy to stay in the kids club. From 8:30-18:00 the kids club staffs would be take good care for the kids. From Monday to Sunday everyday has different programs for kids. My girls told me next time want to stay here a week. Really thank you for the staffs in the kids club. They're have good time here.
But only one thing I want to make suggestion to the manager. The counter at night need more patience. The first night one glass cup broke up. I called the counter to send the housekeeping in the room to help clean. But the counter rush to hang the phone not listening carefully. Then we waiting and waiting ....no body come the clean the glass fragment. Finally, my husband clean the glass fragment by himself.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear dwekellywu,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

In regards to your feedback on the night counter, I apologize for the inconvenience, kindly to inform that the department head would refresh the staff training on procedure.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Our 2 bedroom apartment was spacious but there was no tea/coffee etc. when we arrived although we arrived a day into our week. There was little attention to detail e.g sufficient toilet paper for 4 adults would be a good start. No washing up liquid nor tea towel etc which makes using anything difficult. We did manage to source these things eventually but after traveling all day with a baby the last thing I felt like doing was going out to get basic supplies which we understood to be included.
There are no screens and doors/windows must be shut to prevent Mosquitos so we had the air con on most of the time which gave everyone a runny nose. I thoroughly sprayed around the bedrooms but still the baby got bitten. The staff were obliging and helpful when we asked for things. A family friendly place but as the pool has several sections it would be a good idea if management marked off one section as a child free area for those adults who might like some peace while they swim.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

I apologize that your stay was uncomfortable. I have discussed with the department concerned to avoid this happening again.

In regards to your feedback on the completeness of room amenities set up , the department head would refresh the staff training on procedure.

In response to the mosquito prevention, kindly to inform that we regularly do the mosquito spraying in all hotel area, we also provide the individual mosquito spray and the electric one based on request.

Thank you for your constructive review regarding our publish swimming pool.

Once again, please accept our deepest apology for all the inconvenience caused, we hope that this does not deter you from future visits to our property.