“Top stay in quality hotel”

Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights in August in a 2 bedroom suite.The room were large with lovely area outside on a ground floor apartment.Food and drink reasonably priced for a hotel and if you prefer a supermarket there are two out the back of the complex within easy walk.

I would like to recommend the sunrise bike tour,Aresa and his staff do a wonderful job making sure you are safe and well looked after.The hightlight for our family was the blowhole.It does not always go off but if you are lucky enough to be there when it does WOW!!!There is an area where you can stand and have the blowhole give you a good soaking.Aresa seems to know when the right waves are coming got some great photos.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tony S
novotelbalinusadua, Front Office Manager at Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Tony S,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We greatly appreciate on your tremendous compliments upon our team for which certainly I will share it with them especially to Arsa and the recreation team.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

It was our experienced at novotel Nusa dua Bali. We stayed from 21 aug - 24 aug at 2 bedroom suites. The room is spacious, Unfortunately it was not so clean, the floor was dusty and the outside chairs were dirty, there was even spider net on the chair. Remember to get a towel card during check in, because the reservation lady did not get us one, when my husband and children were about to borrow towel for swimming they asked the towel card and my husband did not have it so he was asked to get the towel card before he can borrow the towel and not like other hotel where the housekeeping can pick up the towel in your room, you are requested to return the towel back after use. AS for the cooking class, you need to book the space a week in advance, eventhough i had told the front desk lady during our check in that my child would like to go to cooking class, she did not mention anything and only gave us the schedule for the kids activities. I was so dissapointed when they told me the class is full,the cooking class only available on friday and it was Full. My daughter was dissapointed because the only reason i chose novotel Nusa dua was because it has a cooking class. I spoke to the duty manager, Mr. Abe and i am so grateful he was able to make a spot available for my daughter.

During our stayed, i was invited to attend 90 minutes presentation which turned out to be almost 3 hours, i was promised to get the accor advantage plus membership for only attending the presentation (i look forward to receive it soon). The consultant was great, he did not preassure us at all. We were consider ini to buy the accor vacation club membership, but we had so much preassured that we HAD to make the decision without leaving the room by the marketing guy. So we decided not to take anything at that time considering we need to take our children out for lunch. We left our daughter at kids club, i told the lady not to let my daughter out before we come to pick her up. I also asked my sister to check on her in case my daughter needed something.

Surprisingly when my husband went to kids club to get my daughter, she was not there. The lady said her Aunty came to get her, without any confirmation to us. What IF it was not my sister.
For guests who are planning to attend the 90 minutes presentation i trully don't suggest to leave your children at kids club because it may take longer time.

The food at the restaurant was great, but it took a very long time to cook ... About 30 minutes for pasta, my toddler was almost sleep on her baby chair wholesale waiting for her pasta.
As for adult, balinese food were great ...

Room Tip: For Family with children take 2 bedroom suites
2  Thank Chloe_cleopatra

Dear Sir/Madam,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

Thank you for pointing out some details in regards to our service and facilities that we can use as guidelines to improve our level of service in the future.

In regards to the room cleanliness, I do apologize and I have share with the department concerned to avoid this happen in the future.

Kindly to inform that we apply the towel card regulation in order to provide daily fresh and clean pool towel to all of our guest, in certain circumstances kindly to inform that we are pleased to collect the pool towel in the guest room.

I apologize for the cooking class reservation which is not delivered properly during your check in process , I will personally investigate this matter for better improvement.

Regarding accor advantage plus presentation, kindly to inform that I will share your thoughts to accor advantage puls team accordingly.

Concerning your feedback about our kids club regulation, kindly to inform that we do apply strict regulation for the children safety, in this case,our kids club attendant found that your daughter directly jump onto her aunty.

I do apologize for the slow service at the restaurant, the department head concerned will check and do some corrective actions, so it does not happen in the future.

Once again, please accept our deepest apology for all the inconvenience caused, we hope that this does not deter you from future visits to our property.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We have two kids under 10 and rented one bed suite. Only one double but they bring in massage bed from balcony (huge). Other child slept on 2m long sofa. Recommend ask for high floor and def avoid ground floor as everyone sees in.
Kids club was beyond amazing. Plenty of staff & made children feel very comfortable. You can drop off/collect your kids at your wish. Once they dressed in traditional Balinese costume and taken to a temple (at hotel gate) and on another they made pizza!
Noodles, balls and rings available in pool as you sit on the many available sun beds and enjoy a cool drink looking right at them in the shallow end.
The negatives are service is very slow, takes ages for food/drinks to arrive. Could also complain it's not next to beach but a shuttle bus is every 10 minutes that takes 2 minutes. It was so windy we'd have hated to be at a hotel right on beach.
I could say more positive things but will leave it there. I strongly recommend this place if you have young kids, we had a fabulous time.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best, definitely avoid ground floor.
4  Thank Ben K

Dear Ben K,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate receiving feedback and it is always shared with our team here.

Please accept my apology regarding the slow service arround the pool, the department concerned would refresh and monitor to avoid the same problem.

We hope to welcome you back to in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I along with our 2 daughters aged 2 years and 6mths stayed here for 11 nights in Aug 2014 (from the 8th - 19th Aug just after midnight flight) paid for the extra night to guarantee the room for full day use. We were also travelling with a couple friend of ours and this resort was the perfect choice as it suited both families and couples!

The resort was fantastic, pool area was wonderful with some kids toys (balls/noodles etc) plenty of day beds/loungers around the pool and lovely garden areas. Buffet breakfast was great with a huge selection of hot and cold foods, pretty much all tastes were catered for - egg station was awesome, eggs/omelettes cooked to order and the waffles were also a big hit. The only slight negative/improvement that I could make to breakfast would be to have savoury topping options for the toast (only condiments were jam) my daughter loves peanut butter so will take my own next time!

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment and had 2 portacots (available through the hotel) set up in the living area between the lounge and dining room. The room was plenty big enough to accommodate this without making it feel crowded. The only slight negative was that the cots were not set up when we first arrived. This was quickly rectified by the hotel.

Our daughters also became unwell whilst we were away, the hotel staff were wonderful and arranged a doctor from the local hospital to come out and do a consult in our room, we even were able to speak with the doctor before hand so that he could get an idea of the symptoms and ensure he had appropriate medication of required. There was a fee of course which we were able to charge back to the room and settle when we checked out. The hotel even sent us a basket of fruit and a note to wish us a speedy recovery- very personalised service. Every request/enquiry and the occassional issue were address promptly by the hotel, Tina at the front desk was excellent!

There are some great restaurants within a short walk from the hotel (either out the back or front) as well as some cheap massage etc places. The hotel beach is set up very nicely and is a very short bus trip away- we didn't walk it because of the 2 young children, but it could easily be walked.

The only other slight negative was regarding babysitting through the hotel, as our girls were too young to use the kids club, the hotel advised that we could use a babysitter for 60,000 Rp per hour. This was all discussed via email prior to me booking the hotel. It wasn't until I went to book the nanny service that I was then advised that it was per child per hour and not per nanny. It was fine and we simply used an outside nanny that we had used on a previous trip to Bali. She was excellent and I would definitely recommend her.

Overall an excellent experience and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment - overlooking the pool has a much nicer outlook than the rear of...
2  Thank KerryandCam

Dear KerryandCam,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

Your feedback is truly valued and I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Kindly to inform that we really appreciate your suggestion in regards to the topping options for the toast during breakfast and I apologize for the baby cot and baby sitter arrangement.

Overall, I am so happy to hear that you had a great holiday experience and we are definitely looking forward to your upcoming stay with us.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Definitely a family hotel for kids, not too sure whether it is ideal for older clientele, close to Buala, where you can walk down the street, no direct access to the beach but they do have a shuttle bus that goes to and from the beach, Lots of noise in the background, and quite a way to walk from lobby to your room, the rooms are large, abit excessive. prefer a much more quieter complex and privacy. Furnishings are outdated requires a major overhaul, but once again ideal for the younger families and the like.

Room Tip: This hotel is good for young children, however probably not for older adults, as getting around the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
novotelbalinusadua, Front Office Manager at Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Josephine N,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback at the same time thank you for having chosen us as part of your holiday destination whilst you are in Bali.

Our team really concerned to all guests, from individuals, couple and family. We also dedicate some of our rooms for handicap guest so they can have better access .
Based on availability we are pleased to accommodate special request ( quiet room, certain floors, certain view, etc ) for the guest comfort ability & likes.

I sincerely hope you would return and look forward to the time I can welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Great stay friendly happy staff. Arsa the sports coordinator and his staff were the best. From the early morning power walks stretching classes and water aerobics.
Good for families with young children.
But that doesn't spoil it for us oldies.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank kimjecks

Dear kimjecks,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback at the same time thank you for having chosen as part of your holiday destination whilst you are in Bali.

We greatly appreciate on your tremendous compliments upon our team for which certainly I will share it with them especially to Arsa and his team.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

It's a beautiful hotel, the rooms are spacious and classy, the food is good and reasonably priced, and the pool is beautiful. But this isn't a hotel for couples looking for a romantic break. If you don't mind the constant noise of screaming kids then this is the place for you. We had a pool view room which we were initially happy about, but when you're woken at 7.30 every morning to the noise of kids in the pool, the view quickly starts to lose it's appeal. Don't get me wrong, if you're traveling with small kids, this place is perfect, it's just not for couples who like to sleep in, or perhaps ask for a room at the back overlooking the garden.
Wireless is a big thing for me when I choose a hotel; here they have two options, a free service which is slow and the connection often just drops off and requires you to log in again; or an expensive higher speed option that runs at $15 a day.
Lastly, we had a slight debacle regarding pool towels, to the point where I had to get a bit feisty with the staff. They have the usual towel card system, swap the card for a towel, return the towel and get your card back. On the first day we did this and when returning the towels there was a guy in front of me causing some confusion with how many towels he needed to return. I waited 10 minutes while a queue built up behind me. Eventually one of the towel staff took my towels and I signed the book to get my cards back. Next day around 6pm having not used the pool that day I get a knock at the door and two male staff ask me if I have pool towels in my room. Before I have the chance to answer one guy is walking into my room saying he wants to check the bathroom. I had to physically put my hand up to stop him going in as my wife was showering. He muttered an apology and left. Then at around midnight a letter is pushed under the door requesting me to return the used pool towels. So I immediately phoned reception to tell them to stop harassing us about non-existent pool towels and that I have my towel cards in my possession. Seems a bit over the top and not the kind of treatment I would expect from a 5 star hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karlito1974

Dear Sir/Madam,

Warmest greeting from Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel & Residence,

Kindly to inform that as one of the Tripadvisor family travelers' choice 2014 hotel, we accommodate family guest and provide many activities for all ages on daily basis, however at the same time we also pleased to accommodate honeymooners, business travelers, groups and individuals.

Please accept my apology regarding towel card system, as we tried to provide daily fresh and clean towels to our guest, we have discussed with the departments concerned to avoid the same problem in the future.