“Great stay in a beautiful hotel”
Review of Club Med Bali

and 1 more site!
Club Med Bali
Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
London
“Great stay in a beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had a lovely time at this hotel with our family. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially the kids club personnel. The children, aged 2, 3, 6, 7, 10 and 13 all had a whale of a time and there was plenty of aged-related activities for all of them. The food was excellent with a wide variety available but unfortunately I did contract a nasty stomach bug there, so do be careful if something tastes strange. The fruit cocktails were great, even though the house-wine was certainly not great. It is set in beautiful grounds and the rooms were very modern with everything you need. It is quite a big resort, so it can be quite a walk to the swimming pool, so if you have mobility issues, I would mention that upon booking. The swimming pool was great fun! The hotel arranged a minibus for us to go on an outing and the little ones stayed at the kids club until 8pm at no extra cost. The staff took them for all their meals and they couldn't wait to go to the kids clubs every day. Whist this may be one of the more expensive choices in Bali, it was certainly worth it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2014

First of all, I apologize to Club Med Bali for not writing a review sooner. I should have done it before. Again, I apologize.
Well, now I will start my review posting the positive first and then the negative.

*POSITIVES*

In April of 2013 (while living in Japan) my husband, my 10 year old son and I visited Club Med Bali for the first time. We stayed for one week, and from the moment we arrived we realized that we were in paradise and the level of customer service is nothing less than spectacular!
We were welcomed by Steven and soon after that, we met JB ( village chief ) whom from the beginning treated us as friends and not as guests.
The resort is beautiful, the beach is gorgeous, and ( reminds me of the beach of my home town in Puerto Rico) the food is delicious. The GO’s are super welcoming and friendly and the happiness and fun are endless.
We had such a great time that we did not want to leave. For that reason, my son and I went back to Club Med Bali the last week of November 2013 for 7 nights and our second experience was unforgettable.
My husband could not join us the second time (and he was very upset about that) because he was traveling for his work and even though I thought that we were going to feel alone with out him, the GO's were so wonderful that they made​ us feel like part of their family, especially, since a lot of them remembered us from our first visit.

During that week, we usually celebrate the day of Thanksgiving ( American holiday ) and it is a tradition to celebrate this day with a big family dinner and a big turkey dinner on the table. Thanks to Kevin, Chef Ravin and of course JB (because he's behind everything wonderful that happens in Club Med Bali) we were surprised with a fabulous Thanksgiving (turkey!) dinner that we will never forget.

I know that it was not necessary to do that because Club Med is an european company and they do not celebrate Thanksgiving but they did everything possible to make sure we had a wonderful stay. They went above and beyond!

Even though there are many activities to do and to choose from inside the resort that are already included in the price, we decided to book some tours around the island with the excursion team and my son and I had tons of fun! Elephant rides, Water rafting (thanks JB for the suggestion) and 4x4 tour around the rice fields and the local villages which was an amazing cultural experience... And now the negatives...

*NEGATIVES*

That we could not stay longer.
That we can’t live at the resort.
Than we are no longer living in Asia and we will not have the opportunity to go back to Club Med Bali and experience the new ZEN POOL.
That I can’t get the wonderful service anywhere else.

We are a family that constantly travels to different parts of the world. We also move to a different country, city or state every 2-3 years. We are very accustomed to staying in different hotels and resorts all over the place. For that reason, it is very easy for us to compare the service of hotels, resorts, restaurants, activities, etc... And I can say that the atmosphere and the environment provided by the Club Med Bali team members is wayyyy above average. It is 10,000% better than any hotel or resort we have ever visited or stayed.

In conclusion, I want to thank all the GO’s that made our stay wonderful and unforgettable. Kevin, Noor, Emily, Kayla, Dogan, Yigit, Chef Ravin, Sandy, Pierre, Rioko, Steven, Corin and of course, Chief of the village JB, whom has an amazing team because he is a fantastic leader. You all inspired me to smile more, to enjoy life more than ever (CARPE DIEM) and to be happier.
Big hugs to all of you! I hope to see you again some day!

* If you want to visit heaven on earth, by yourself, or with family or friends, go to Club Med Bali! *

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank dwilca .
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have just spent 13 days and I cannot thank JB and the GO team enough.Nothing is ever a trouble and they have all gone way outside what they had to to make our stay fantastic. Special mention to Rob and Pierre - the Bar Yigit, Palitha and their team, Housekeeping Ibra and team, Sports Oka Made Komang, - Restaurant - Raven, Pratama and Lina Reception Stephen and Water Sports Jean-Marie for coming to our rescue on land . The resort feels like the Whole Village is swaying in the breeze which makes every aspect just a pleasure to be part of. This is our 7th visit to Club Med Bali and will certainly not be our last - we miss you all and hope to see you again soon. Still Missing the wonderful food and soooooooo many choices of everything.

Room Tip: Sway from the main area is better and quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Barb J
Murdoch, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I'm still here at club med Bali and don't want to leave this piece of heaven. Great holiday. Thanks to JB and all his team. Had dinner at Batur restaurant. Perhaps it could be for adults only. Also disappointed GMs who came in dressed for the beach rather than fine dining. Show some respect u guys. Mind the lamp Ibra.

Stayed September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was a magnificent family holiday.
Club Med obviously do things well but we were very impressed at the fact that they always surprised us by doing more than necessary and indeed more than we thought possible.
This resort caters perfectly for children. Our nine and eleven year old children were in heaven and are constantly asking (demanding) to go back. Their best holiday ever.
For adults it allows you the option to do as much or as little as you want.
The food and drinks were great.
The grounds were beautiful.
The activities were comprehensive.
The best thing was the fantastic efforts of all the G.O.s. They wer all without exception friendly, helpful and very capable in all their roles.
thank you again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Papaschmidt
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is my sixth time to Club Med Bali and yes, some of the facilities have aged over time, however they have always made up for that with their fantastic people who provide a truly great experience for the whole family.

Sadly, the General Manager for the past two years (known as JB) has single-handedly turned this club into an arrogant and unfriendly place, where customer service is simply non existent.

Hopefully Club Med will replace him a new GM will arrive to inject some positive energy into what has been a great club for 20 years.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Jack M
Dongducheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My daughter and I just came back from this resort. What a vacation! The accommodations were beautiful. The food was superb. The GO team was friendly and helpful. My daughter loved meeting all the different nationalities represented. The kids activities were great too.

My one complaint was the fact that the air conditioner did not work too well, but the hotel provided us with a fan to supplement it and we were good to go.

As for myself, I loved the chance to have some Me time while my daughter was off enjoying herself. Bali is a beautiful place, the people are friendly and the sights are unforgettable. We sure hope to make it back there again soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family