“Bring your family for fun and relaxation.”
Review of Club Med Bali

Club Med Bali
Ranked #11 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This is our second Club Med and from the moment of our arrival at the airport we knew everything was taken care of. This is around 20mins from the airport in a quieter district of Balinese resorts. You don't come to ClubMed for ultimate luxury, but you come for the great service, good food and the fantastic organisation of activities for the kids. The kids have fun from 9-5 and meet up during the day or in the evening for family time. It's a great opportunity for them to socially interact and try new activities. Food has a high standard and is inspired by menus from around the world. Don't expect fine dining, more wholesome family food with a chance for the kids to try new things. I wouldn't come here as a couple but for a family holidays it's first class.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank JolyonAbroad

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We just returned from club med Bali after 8 days. It was our first Club Med experience and we were going with high expectations. From the moment we checked in our GO Sagar (Indian like us) was super helpful and hospitable. The rooms we had booked were on the 2nd floor but in 2 days the hotel upgraded us to better rooms on the ground floor as my mom was'nt we'll. the hotel air conditioning and bathrooms need some upgrading but the entire experience is fabulous.
The super kids club kept our children occupied with fabulous activities- Shelley and Clayton are just too good with kids. The food was super with the chefs even cooking up a special Indain vegetarian diner for my hubby. Reception manager Danny needs a special mention as we had bad air conditioning and he arranged for table fans at midnight.
JB and Tigit, Sandy, Emelia, Nikki all are super GO s and made our trip super special.
I highly recommend this resort -the only downside is that u never leave the place to see anything else in Bali

Room Tip: Do not book superior rooms as they are on the upper floors and no lifts
1  Thank RahulDips
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was our family's 5th trip to Club Med and 2nd time to Bali. As always, the activities were great fun and the people were genuinely nice and welcoming from the very first moment. Club Med does not disappoint, and the main reason we always have such a great time is the people. Thank you to the GOs and GEs that made this stay great, and I'd just like to highlight a few of them.

Starting with the wonderful circus team, they were all incredibly nice and entertaining at the trapeze rig and during meals. Ben went above and beyond helping me perfect my tricks. After the fly show, the smiles he gave us made us all very proud of ourselves. Danny is the friendliest giant. He always greeted us with a smile and kept me laughing. Get him on stage more often - he's an awesome dancer! Sian is so kind and sweet. Always with a smile on her face, she sat with us a few times at lunch/dinner and made sure we were having a good time. Cruz was super encouraging at trapeze, welcoming me from the start and asking how my day was. Put him up on stage with Danny! Last but not least, Mimi (Emily) was warm-hearted from the moment I met her. She was full of laughs and energy at trapeze. Thank you for letting me be in the fly show and working on my tricks with me - I had the best time with you guys!

Matt (land sports...and sometimes water sports) was constantly full of energy no matter what time of day (or night) it was. I always found myself laughing around him. Thanks for teaching me how to speak Aussie.

At the bar, Laurenzo was not only super quick with throwing drinks together, but also very nice. He always greeted me eagerly and after I had tried all the drinks at the bar, he'd make up new ones for me. When I was sad from leaving on my last day, he created a drink that would "make me happy."

The food was (as always) amazing! I struck up a few conversations with a chef named (I think) Sam. He was super helpful, especially when I freaked out about not being able to find the White Chocolate Bread.

Great shows (I loved the circus ones the best), great food, great company, and a great pillow to rest my head on after partying too hard from the Crazy Signs. The Foam Party was also something new and cool.

Safe to say I'm suffering post-Club-Med-depression. (It exists.)

Room Tip: Find one close to the activity and not wedged into a corner. We stayed in Block 4 overlooking the gr...
2  Thank KClovesCM
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had a 3N stay early JUN for family break holiday... must say whole family like it a lot especially the kids.. Both my kids enjoyed the trip so much that already they ask for the next one! So its definitely a family resorts. plus couple could enjoy their private time leaving the kids in good hands of miniclub team.

Would take this opportunity to thanks the entire mini clubs team, they are simply superb!.. and would like to mention Hans and Fajar of miniclub for their dedication to the kids.. Along with many many other GO.. great performance and guidance to kids from all different back grounds!

Overall, the place, foods, stay, staffs and all the GO are friendly... very relaxing. for feedback, I do hope if they could have a little more unique activities from other regional Club med for all age to join for even better experience. Due to kids age, we missed some of the best activity like boat cruise..

We all like the place a lot and will look forward to our next Club Med experience again...

Room Tip: Balcony room feels more spacious... go for higher floors for better garden view.
1  Thank FriesL
Reviewed 28 June 2014

point 1: Wifi in this place is terrible, maybe every hotel I live in China with the same price could be better than Bali. And I appeal to give a free wifi to your G.O, in this world everyone can't live without internet, right?
point 2: The room is a little old and same with main bar. Maybe you need to fix them sooner since other villige in Bali are making themselves better and better now.
point 3: Shampoo is super tough in this hotel, each time I use it my hair seems they just join a war.
point 4: golf balls are too old and too dirty to use, you need more new balls.
point 5: I love the breakfast I love the poor game I love the lunch I love the bar I love the dinner I love the show I love the dance I love the night club I love my days stay in Bali in clubemed. If I have a chance I must come back again and again.

About G.O: First I need to thx the G.Os from china, the girls help us a lot and the boy from chongqing is a really really good DJ, he finds us some chinese music when dance. Matt from Austrilia, teachs me archery, it's the first time for my shoot, and he gives me a nice protection to stop me hurt myself. Picki from Thailand, we're nice army in poor game, and HE is an amazing MISS Thai. Jiwon Cruze from South Korea, and his group give me a great help to play games in heaven, can you image the weak girl fail her game twice ended win at the third time? So thx again to this group, you give the skills and courage and don't give up! Hakkim from ? maybe local, when I told him I like sweet cocktail, he gave me his self-made, only one in this world and it's super delicious, besides he looks really like a chinese star, whose name is fengshaofeng, this is adimited by alll of my friedns from china.Kyunghan Jung from south Korea have a warm smile and I really enjoy our dinner together! Akey is a good dancer, almost in every show we can see him.Solita Ador and her parterner Xman let my friend sing to us, even it's a chinese song aha. Rober from Austrilia will be a good leader, and all of my friends love him. And really thax to Dora from Taiwan, she made a very hard task for us, she make 8 diferrent color cocktail. That's so amazing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at Club Med in Nusa Dua for five days in June. It was our first Club Med experience, which came highly recommended by the travel agent. It was nice enough, clearly catering for famliies with primary school aged kids for the most part, and with some stand out features including the amazing trapeze and bungee bounce, which anyone can try during their stay. And if you're staying at Club Med, we would highly recommend you do - where else can you learn to swing on a trapeze, hang upside down and then backflip on your way down?! It's lots of fun and the gymnastics team are very friendly and welcoming.
The kids' club is promoted as a huge selling point for this resort, and to be honest, it was oversold and under delivered for us! Our kids didn't like joining the kids' club so ended up in the pool most of the time, which didn't give us the holiday we'd hoped for as parents of four, with just a little bit of time to ourselves much needed.
The 'all inclusive' would suit a lot of families, but having now been and experienced how cheap Bali is to eat out, and how you can find clean and decent restaurants within a stone's throw of the resorts, we're not sure just how good value for money this really is. The Club Med food is okay, not fantastic, but there is certainly plenty of it and it is very convenient.
There are shows every night, which is a bit old-fashioned, but can also be a lot of fun - there's always something going on and something to do if you want to. This includes shows for the kids to participate in and late night kids' parties - which they love, but do go on late into the night.
We stayed in a superior connecting family room, which featured two tiny bathrooms, and two very small rooms back-to-back, each with a small verandah. Our travel agent hadn't reserved a portacot for us so we had to put our toddler in a single bed surrounded by pillows to stop her from falling. Club Med hires in portacots so there were none available to simply set up.
If you're looking for a cheap family holiday, with basic accomodation and convenience, and your kids are likely to make the most of the kids' club, Club Med will suit you just fine. If you're looking for anything more, you will probably be disappointed.

Room Tip: Club Med Nusa Dua doesn't have its own portacots, they hire them in, so make sure your travel ag...
4  Thank Bianca V
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our first Club Med experience and we were very impressed. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty with the staff going out of their way to attend to our needs. The standout for me was the food! Breakfast, lunch and dinner had an amazing variety that one could not get bored. We loved it so much that we gained extra kilos when we returned home! Then there was sipping cocktails by the pool all day and the night club at night. It was such a relaxing holiday while the kids spent time enjoying themselves at the kids club. The rooms were comfortable and clean. We would recommend Club Med to anyone who wanted an all inclusive experience.

A special mention needs to be made on the friendliness of all the GOs, especially to Mimi and Ali from the Trapeze team who made my daughters stay so memorable, she now wants to run away and join the circus.